Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sep 2014 - #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that really irked me about the FF’s “fake news” statement was how all these people on Facebook just unquestioningly accepted that the article must be wrong and the journalist just decided to make it up (exceedingly unlikely for an experienced and credible crime journo) without considering it strange that the family would have such a hysterical reaction to talk of a new POI. Thank goodness for this forum!
If you go and look at the facebook page, not ONE single comment in the recent weeks. It appears that they might be on a deleting spree if anything doesn't support their narrative, IMO. Afterall, FM runs that page.

Probably wise. XM isn't exactly one to follow. She continually makes questionable remarks on all famous cases and is never right, from what I've seen. IMO

Sounds like it could be the current investigators annoyed at him exposing police operations in order to save his own ego? IMO

I agree, when he jumped in to defend the FCs and explained about the phone tapping and interrogation he undertook. When you consider that information relates to a current person of interest it seems very out of line.

Is he still bound to NSWPOL confidentiality policies given he is no longer employed?

Probably wise. XM isn't exactly one to follow. She continually makes questionable remarks on all famous cases and is never right, from what I've seen. IMO

In that clip all she did was essentially parrot what had already been printed in the media.

Sounds like it could be the current investigators annoyed at him exposing police operations in order to save his reputation? IMO

Not sure. Would have to listen to the interview to hazard a guess.

Ah, as I have been reminded, he did talk about bugging the FP's car. To that I'd say so what? Nothing secret about that police process in my book. And given his admitted closeness to the FP's he may even have told them as much afterwards.

I agree, when he jumped in to defend the FCs and explained about the phone tapping and interrogation he undertook. When you consider that information relates to a current person of interest it seems very out of line.

Is he still bound to NSWPOL confidentiality policies given he is no longer employed?

Oh I’d say so .. when I worked in advertising I was bound by my confidentiality agreements for years afterwards (I think three by memory) surely police is even stricter?

Regardless it’s an active investigation, might be all bets off post conviction, but surely they can’t give away secrets pre arrest, pre trial?

So .... back to the search.

(Paraphrased)

In the last hours of today, the searchers pulled out a small muddy object from the drained creek bed.

On Monday Exhibit Z was filed, then the alphabet was restarted and the next article was Exhibit A.
Forensic experts will be examining the items in the coming days.

A cadaver dog also went over the now uncovered earth.

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

not many news updates... even the daily fail has nothing. I can’t read this one - fingers crossed something of importance :)

This is from Ch 7 where Michael Usher commented on recent events. Is it strange that both MU & Chris Smith not only bumped into them at supermarket but know people close to them? JMO

As far as I'm aware, most people who commit criminal acts do the best to hide them.

I'm always surprised when I hear people say things like "I just can't believe this happened in our street" etc, as though crime only happens in streets called "murder street".

If criminals walked around with flashing neon signs on their heads, there wouldn't be a need for police investigation in the first place.

Thank you for making me laugh @winterberry! I was starting to get a bit weary after catching up on all the heated debates on this thread, but you gave me some relief with a good chuckle!

Imo havnt they had the man who died say on his death bed something like..I didn't do anything wrong just gave FA and the boy with him a lift...imo that's the closet bit they have...are they just discrediting that info

yes, this was reported at inquest by the Nurse who RP apparently said this to. .. imo there may or may not be a connection to William - and I say that because (IMO) people who are approaching the end of their lives often get ‘scrambled’ thoughts & dwell on incidences from the past.

so RP could perhaps have given a lift to FA & a little boy at some stage prior to his ‘confession’ of doing so - but was the little boy William / was it even in that time frame . JMO

I believe we have some here from Nursing profession who could perhaps comment ?

Thank you for making me laugh @winterberry! I was starting to get a bit weary after catching up on all the heated debates on this thread, but you gave me some relief with a good chuckle!

:D Why thank you.

While you're here, do you think I could pick your brain on some medical questions about this case? They are rather grim questions :(

Theoretically, but only if they were within range of mobile towers, and that area has a reputation for poor mobile phone service. This from 2014:

Other resident spoke of black spots on the Pacific Highway, Lake Cathie, Camden Haven and Kendall

Locals not impressed with our mobile network

but if they didn’t remain stationary in the Black Spot, they would ping as soon as they got into signal IMO

do we think that everyone who’s mobile phone ‘pinged’ in the area has been identified & interviewed ?

yes, this was reported at inquest by the Nurse who RP apparently said this to. .. imo there may or may not be a connection to William - and I say that because (IMO) people who are approaching the end of their lives often get ‘scrambled’ thoughts & dwell on incidences from the past.

so RP could perhaps have given a lift to FA & a little boy at some stage prior to his ‘confession’ of doing so - but was the little boy William / was it even in that time frame . JMO

I believe we have some here from Nursing profession who could perhaps comment ?

Oversharing - I had surgery last week and spent 48 hours heavily medicated, weird dreams, weird state of in between consciousness, disordered strange thoughts and feelings, very emotional and paranoid - accused a nurse of "watching" me. I can absolutely understand how someone at end of life/palliative possibly medicated could manifest something that never happened especially if he had seen something on the news or heard something to trigger it.

There is an interesting article (imo) about David Laidlaw, who is investigating William's case.

He has been with NSWPOL for 30 years. Worked his way up through the ranks.

Of the largest cases he has taken on that are mentioned in this article (I am sure he must have many more cases), he has:
one confession for a 1998 killing
two gangland killings (2011 & 2012) before the courts
still investigating the 2011 disappearance of a man
is lead investigator in a 2015 unsolved murder of a teen

IIRC Jubes had nice things to say about Laidlaw in his book.

The cop leading the search for William Tyrrell

Last edited:
IMO I know the process but at the end of the inquest it felt like it was unfinished IMO.

IMO it was unfinished JW - due to this :

Counsel assisting Gerard Craddock SC said that the inquest had already uncovered new leads.

"As a consequence of the evidence called here, there has been a witness who we had no idea about who has come forward and is speaking to police," Mr Craddock said.

Source: Coronavirus halts William Tyrrell inquest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member