Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #70

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Tyrrell's foster father was interrogated about a mystery phone registered in his name which was disconnected just three days before his foster son vanished.

Documents obtained by Daily Mail Australia reveal the foster father, 55, was questioned at length by then-Tyrrell task force commander Gary Jubelin about the mystery phone which was live for nine months before being cut off.

Last edited:

William Tyrrell's foster father was interrogated about a mystery phone registered in his name which was disconnected just three days before his foster son vanished.

Documents obtained by Daily Mail Australia reveal the foster father, 55, was questioned at length by then-Tyrrell task force commander Gary Jubelin about the mystery phone which was live for nine months before being cut off.
Very strange. The bulk deletion of 3 weeks worth of text messages to his wife is concerning too IMO.

Very strange. The bulk deletion of 3 weeks worth of text messages to his wife is concerning too IMO.

Marital discord?

New case information......

William's foster mother, 58, was grilled over two days at the NSW Crime Commission last November, and is due in court later this month charged with giving false or misleading evidence.

Last edited:
New case information......

William's foster mother, 58, was grilled over two days at the NSW Crime Commission last November, and is due in court later this month charged with giving false or misleading evidence.

If the DM is somehow getting information from the police brief (which would be my guess) why are they not publishing the outcome of the police investigation into the additional SIM card?

".... the detectives told the foster father that the phone 'didn't show any usage, any call charge records or anything."

It does sound like it could be a SIM that was provided for an internet service.
We have a few of those at work. The users do not even know the SIM phone number for those services. Some we ended up not using, as the user did not use the internet on their tablet (preferring to use their phone), so we disconnected them.

(FD is not a POI, is he?)

I’d guess that there has been further investigation into this phone and more is now known about it. Maybe its existence is one of the lies told to the NSWCC.

perhaps the phone has left traces of where it has been via tower pings etc. Not sure how that works exactly though.

Last edited:
I’d guess that there has been further investigation into this phone and more is now known about it. Maybe it’s existence is one of the lies told to the NSWCC.

The problem is that it seems everyone is calling it a phone. It was an unused SIM card service. There is a difference. SIMs can go into many things, not only phones.

(I suspect any 'further investigation' is the DM going through the police brief, and publishing selected information. imo)

Last edited:
Like with everything in this case it could be something or it could be nothing.

If the sim card was used in a mobile device by either of the FP's, perhaps this is what the lying charges are about?

It evidently was not used in any way.

".... the detectives told the foster father that the phone 'didn't show any usage, any call charge records or anything."

If there was any usage on that SIM it would have showed, even if it was only data (internet) usage.

I’d guess that there has been further investigation into this phone and more is now known about it. Maybe its existence is one of the lies told to the NSWCC.

perhaps the phone has left traces of where it has been via tower pings etc. Not sure how that works exactly though.
I got the feeling from the DM article, that they were hinting that this was the lie.

Fair enough, I appreciate there is a difference. There would be a paper trail for any SIM card activation I presume. You have to provide ID etc, to the carrier. A record of the where and when should exist.

Yes. It seems that Telstra has provided that information to the police, as they know the dates of the service and the fact that there was no usage of any kind.

Telstra would not be providing that information to the DM. It would be a breach of privacy. Even the police need warrants for these kinds of searches.

I am a little surprised that publishing info from the police brief (imo) is not a breach of privacy. But there you go.
I think that if the Coroner had released this info - and recent past info - there would be more publications than the DM reporting on it.

imo

Yes. It seems that Telstra has provided that information to the police, as they know the dates of the service and the fact that there was no usage of any kind.

Telstra would not be providing that information to the DM. It would be a breach of privacy. Even the police need warrants for these kinds of searches.

I am a little surprised that publishing info from the police brief (imo) is not a breach of privacy. But there you go.
I think that if the Coroner had released this info - and recent past info - there would be more publications than the DM reporting on it.

imo
I love how Candace is acting like she’s getting these “new documents” every week. When it’s likely just one set of documents and she is making as many articles as she can from each small “explosive” detail. Always a completely false or misleading headline

I love how Candace is acting like she’s getting these “new documents” every week. When it’s likely just one set of documents and she is making as many articles as she can from each small “explosive” detail. Always a completely false or misleading headline

I think it can only be coming from the police brief ... which is a brief that stands in an open police investigation and Coronial inquiry. Guessing there must be no law against what the DM is doing, that it has been checked by their legal dept.

Presumably there is a leak from an 'interested party' in the Coronial inquiry, who has legally obtained the brief.

I wonder why they are focusing on FD. He is not a POI, as far as we have been led to believe.

imo

If the DM is somehow getting information from the police brief (which would be my guess) why are they not publishing the outcome of the police investigation into the additional SIM card?

It does sound like it could be a SIM that was provided for an internet service.
We have a few of those at work. The users do not even know the SIM phone number for those services. Some we ended up not using, as the user did not use the internet on their tablet (preferring to use their phone), so we disconnected them.

(FD is not a POI, is he?)
I’m curious about why it’s only the DM publishing this, and if they do have the police brief, how did they get it
According to Candace Sutton's previous article there were at least 727 questions put to FF, so the DM are definitely only selecting snippets of the interview. Are they picking out bits and pieces knowing it will be controversial and then drip feeding for clicks?

Lets stop and wonder for a moment.

Is it more likely that Police are trying to chase an innocent couple for no reason and are trying to ruin their lives? If so what is their motive and what do they have to gain from doing this? Why after 8 years do they keep pursuing this, surely they would direct resources elsewhere if they though this was going nowhere?

On the other hand is it more likely that there is some circumstantial evidence that police are trying to bring together to form a case against the FP's?

I personally think the Police have many "other" things they could be doing and we should trust that they are continuing up this path for a valid reason.

I think they have certain "things" but they don't have enough yet.

We all just want to know what happened to William.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong