Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something here that we are not being told.
I'd like to know WHEN the MFC deleted the 6 weeks of texts to the FFC.
William disappeared on 12th September 2014.

The DM says the texts were deleted between June 19 to August 3, 2014.

Do we know approximately when the FFC allegedly advised FACS that we she was having trouble coping with William?

Last edited:
It evidently was not used in any way.

".... the detectives told the foster father that the phone 'didn't show any usage, any call charge records or anything."

If there was any usage on that SIM it would have showed, even if it was only data (internet) usage.

I'm wondering if it's possible that at the time of this interview - 2016 - they thought the sim card hadn't been used, but in 2021 discovered it had?

Yes. It seems that Telstra has provided that information to the police, as they know the dates of the service and the fact that there was no usage of any kind.

Telstra would not be providing that information to the DM. It would be a breach of privacy. Even the police need warrants for these kinds of searches.

I am a little surprised that publishing info from the police brief (imo) is not a breach of privacy. But there you go.
I think that if the Coroner had released this info - and recent past info - there would be more publications than the DM reporting on it.

imo

There's something really odd about these DM articles with supposed access to the police brief. Is this part of some police strategy to pressure the FP's or some other unknown POI's or witnesses?

There's something really odd about these DM articles with supposed access to the police brief. Is this part of some police strategy to pressure the FP's or some other unknown POI's or witnesses?
IMO it has nothing to do with strategy. It’s typical sensationalism from the bottom of the barrel media. I also have no doubt where she got those documents

New case information......

William's foster mother, 58, was grilled over two days at the NSW Crime Commission last November, and is due in court later this month charged with giving false or misleading evidence.

But for how many hours during those two days, I wonder?

Assuming this DM story is true, and assuming that there were no long legal-type delays during the 'grilling', then a lot of questions can be asked in two days.

Do we know approximately when the FFC allegedly advised FACS that we she was having trouble coping with William?
From memory it wasn't long before William disappeared, but I can't tell you in days.

I thought that was the date of the texts, not when they were deleted. I'd like to know when they were deleted.

Edit to add: The date of the email in question is 9 September 2014, but I'm not clear whether FFC wrote those words in an email on that date, or whether a social worker wrote an email on the subject on that date. It seems that different parts of the article suggest different interpretations. But the article itself is behind a paywall.

Last edited:
maybe the texts were written around this period?

WILLIAM'S BLACK EYE AND 'ADOPTION'

August, 2014:
Ben Atwood calls William's birth mother to say the boy has a black eye, sustained when he is climbing up on the foster father and lost his balance and fell.

William's birth mother learns about foster parents plan to adopt William permanently.

She is not happy.

She will later tell NSW Coroner Harriet Grahame, "I didn't agree [with the adoption plan].

"I had heard about that ... they [case workers] said it wasn't happening.

"We were still trying to get [William back] we were at court."

MUM'S LAST TIME WITH WILLIAM

August 21, 2014:
William's birth mother and father see their son at the Chipmunks play centre at Macquarie Park, northern Sydney.

Who would normally get a copy of the police brief? All journalists or only some? People attending court? Lawyers presumably. Witnesses?

No journalists.

Only 'interested parties' (if they request a copy, and the Coroner approves), which is a family member or a POI. Someone with a personal stake in the case.

(UBM)
Family of Deceased
Family of the deceased has a ‘right’ to appear (section 57(3)).
They are always given a copy of the brief of evidence. They have a right to make a victim impact statement

imo

Last edited:
Who would normally get a copy of the police brief? All journalists or only some? People attending court? Lawyers presumably. Witnesses?

Who can apply for access?​

The law - external site imposes limitations on the release of coronial documents because these documents contain very personal and sometimes highly sensitive information. Prior to applying for coronial documents, you should consider that it may be upsetting and distressing to read details about a loved one's death.

The Senior Next-of-Kin can receive documents on an open file free of charge by sending in a written request to the Court. If the senior next-of-kin wants any of the documents not to be sent out to anyone else, they must indicate this in writing to the Coroner as soon as possible.

Other family members (who are not the senior next-of-kin), may be considered to have an appropriate interest to receive documents from a coronial file. These applicants will need to attach proof of their relationship with the deceased to their application - such as a birth certificate, marriage certificate, or any other documents which support the application. They will also need to state in their application the reasons why they are seeking access to the coronial documents.

Documents may also be released to:

• a statutory body for a statutory function;
  • a member of the police force for law enforcement;
  • researchers, for research approved by an ethics committee; or
  • anyone who can satisfy the Coroner that they have an appropriate interest to receive the information.

Who can apply for access?​

The law - external site imposes limitations on the release of coronial documents because these documents contain very personal and sometimes highly sensitive information. Prior to applying for coronial documents, you should consider that it may be upsetting and distressing to read details about a loved one's death.

The Senior Next-of-Kin can receive documents on an open file free of charge by sending in a written request to the Court. If the senior next-of-kin wants any of the documents not to be sent out to anyone else, they must indicate this in writing to the Coroner as soon as possible.

Other family members (who are not the senior next-of-kin), may be considered to have an appropriate interest to receive documents from a coronial file. These applicants will need to attach proof of their relationship with the deceased to their application - such as a birth certificate, marriage certificate, or any other documents which support the application. They will also need to state in their application the reasons why they are seeking access to the coronial documents.

Documents may also be released to:

• a statutory body for a statutory function;
  • a member of the police force for law enforcement;
  • researchers, for research approved by an ethics committee; or
  • anyone who can satisfy the Coroner that they have an appropriate interest to receive the information.
Just speaking hypothetically. BD could apply for these documents (or let’s say his mother made the request on his behalf). Once he had them, l have no doubt his mother would read them. Then maybe she passes them onto her close friend the self appointed child advocate, who then passes them onto her friend in the media Candace Sutton? No idea if that’s how it happened but it’s very plausible.

Just speaking hypothetically. BD could apply for these documents (or let’s say his mother made the request on his behalf). Once he had them, l have no doubt his mother would read them. Then maybe she passes them onto her close friend the self appointed child advocate, who then passes them onto her friend in the media Candace Sutton? No idea if that’s how it happened but it’s very plausible.
Yes, there's no particular mystery how the media could have the documents, but I wonder if suppression orders have been withdrawn or is DM publishing in spite of them.

Yes, there's no particular mystery how the media could have the documents, but I wonder if suppression orders have been withdrawn or is DM publishing in spite of them.

IMO the (Coroners) suppression order is only to stop any ID'ing of any family. I don't think the DM is actually ID'ing anyone, just leaking information gathered during the investigation. Also IMO, this info is what? 6 years old and has probably been fully investigated now by the strike force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member