Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did read about it, as if neither FFC nor MFC helped little W getting up and they only wondered, why the boy lay motionless. THAT I found very irresponsible and wrong and incomprehensible. Little W easily could have had a brain concussion at least, so I understood his fall with the chair.
I was thinking about, whether he could have had the after effects of this fall on the day, he "disappeared" (instead of "falling from a balcony").

I think only FD was present for that accident, wasn't he? FM is not mentioned. Just that daddy was there to help William.

I think it is possible that William was starting to show some cognitive issues. Which happens with some children who have been exposed to drugs/alcohol during gestation. (I am not sure what the drug part of William's removal was about, while it is obvious what the DV part was about.)

If things like foetal alcohol syndrome can be diagnosed before a child is 6 years old, there are ways to assist the child to deal with the central nervous system difficulties. But these things cannot be diagnosed at birth ... they show up during the child's development. (My friend's foster son has FAS, it is a lifelong thing but took years to diagnose.)

Or William could just have been having a childhood accident, like my niece did at 3 years old when she fell from a porch railing and broke her collar bone - despite having been told 8,999 times not to swing from the railing,

I imagine FD was momentarily confused why William didn't cry or get up immediately. So he helped him up.

In that interview, FD answered more than 727 questions ... it was a very long interview.
But the DM (who evidently have the interview documents) have mentioned only a few of those questions.

imo

"At that point, 727 questions into the interview ..... "
Documents lift lid on William Tyrrell case

Last edited:
I think only FD was present for that accident, wasn't he? FM is not mentioned. Just that daddy was there to help William.

I think it is possible that William was starting to show some cognitive issues. Which happens with some children who have been exposed to drugs/alcohol during gestation. (I am not sure what the drug part of William's removal was about, while it is obvious what the DV part was about.)

If things like foetal alcohol syndrome can be diagnosed before a child is 6 years old, there are ways to assist the child to deal with the central nervous system difficulties. But these things cannot be diagnosed at birth ... they show up during the child's development. (My friend's foster son has FAS, it is a lifelong thing but took years to diagnose.)

Or William could just have been having a childhood accident, like my niece did at 3 years old when she fell from a porch railing and broke her collar bone - despite having been told 8,999 times not to swing from the railing,

I imagine FD was momentarily confused why William didn't cry or get up immediately. So he helped him up.

In that interview, FD answered more than 727 questions ... it was a very long interview.
But the DM (who evidently have the interview documents) have mentioned only a few of those questions.

imo

"At that point, 727 questions into the interview ..... "
Documents lift lid on William Tyrrell case
Extracted from your attached post:
"Which happens with some children who have been exposed to drugs/alcohol during gestation."

From considering aspects of above, William's sister is just short of 2 years older than William, so are you intending to include her in that also?
Edited: Oops! correcting age of sister from 'younger' to 'older'

Last edited:
Extracted from your attached post:
"Which happens with some children who have been exposed to drugs/alcohol during gestation."

From considering aspects of above, William's sister is just short of 2 years older than William, so are you intending to include her in that also?
Edited: Oops! correcting age of sister from 'younger' to 'older'

That's an interesting thought. Are you thinking that may be the root of sister's 'problematic behaviour'? It sounded like preteen jealousy, from what I could tell.

I hadn't mentioned her in my post so, no, that wasn't my intention.
I was simply pointing out that elements of William's behaviour align with my friend's foster son's behaviour at times, and what my friend's foster son's resulting diagnosis was.

There seems to be an illusion that foster children come into foster parents lives as whole and healthy beings. Your typical child. When in reality they come into the FP's lives as children who have had a traumatic and unstable life, and who need a lot of time to recover from that.

imo

I just remember something like "he perhaps bumped his head and wasn't able to answer me calling his name". Wasn't it something, FFC said? WHY immediately thinking of a head injury, when a little child is missing from grandma's garden? That seemed so outlandish to me at the time.
Fp had also mentioned on several occasions that W had asthma (hence why mfc thought it unlikely W would go up the hill and began to search the path of least resistance). Correct me if I’m wrong but I can’t recall the fp ever making an appeal to the abductor(s) to make sure he had his asthma pump or asthma medication and what that medication was. Fp we’re worried for W that he didn’t have his “lil toy Tara” but not concerned enough for W not to have his asthma meds..

That's an interesting thought. Are you thinking that may be the root of sister's 'problematic behaviour'? It sounded like preteen jealousy, from what I could tell.

I was simply pointing out that elements of William's behaviour align with my friend's foster son's behaviour at times, and what my friend's foster son's resulting diagnosis was.

There seems to be an illusion that foster children come into foster parents lives as whole and healthy beings. Your typical child. When in reality they come into the FP's lives as children who have had a traumatic and unstable life, and who need a lot of time to recover from that.

imo
Extracted from your post SA: " Are you thinking that may be the root of sister's 'problematic behaviour'?"

Answer: No I definitely wasn't thinking that. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

imo
<modsnip: Please don't personalize toward other members>

Children placed in part or permanent care come through child protection services. Unlike adoption, it is not a voluntary placement. If the fp wanted a child who was whole and healthy then perhaps surrogacy would have been a better option. The fp surely knew the challenges they would have to work through with children coming into their care in these types of situations. IMO the ff had an unrealistic expectation and we’re more focused on creating the family they so desperately wanted rather than focus on truely helping these innocent children. If the fp really wanted the help W and his sister and create a better environment for them they would have made an effort to meet the.bp parents, get to know them so that they could gain a better understanding of the children. Perhaps the fp thought they were above the bp and didn’t need their input and that a nice home and some holidays would do the trick instead

<modsnip: Quoted/Referenced info was modsnipped>

I am speaking of others (not foster parents) having an incorrect illusion. I know that foster parents are made aware of what issues may arise because they have to attend specific informative classes before becoming foster parents. They are not asked to care for a child without undertaking the necessary prep.

Eg: this is the required training in my state, I imagine NSW has very similar training rules.

Training includes learning about:
  • identity and birth family contact
  • teamwork
  • grief and loss
  • responding to challenging behaviours
  • maintaining cultural connections
  • foster care in the South Australian context
  • a one-day Child Safe Environments for Children and Young People course - all approved foster carers are required to be mandated notifiers
  • providing first aid
  • Infant Safe Training - this two-hour session is only for applicants who want to care for children aged under two.
(I know they also require an internet protocol course .. teaching the foster parents how to keep the child safe on the internet).

Fp had also mentioned on several occasions that W had asthma (hence why mfc thought it unlikely W would go up the hill and began to search the path of least resistance). Correct me if I’m wrong but I can’t recall the fp ever making an appeal to the abductor(s) to make sure he had his asthma pump or asthma medication and what that medication was. Fp we’re worried for W that he didn’t have his “lil toy Tara” but not concerned enough for W not to have his asthma meds..

William’s Health​

Generally William was in good health, strong and fit however, he suffered from asthma, particularly during the colder weather at night and would have coughing fits.

• William’s medication is: Ventolin 2 puffs when needed and Flixotide at night time as a preventer.
  • If the asthma was particularly distressing for him RediPred needs to be given to assist with his breathing.
  • William’s vaccinations were up to date when he disappeared BUT he will need his 4 year old vaccinations.
  • William had good strong teeth and loved going to the dentist for his check-ups.

JMO - It appears that the information regarding William's Asthma was available on a website: About the Where’s William? Campaign

"The Where’s William? Campaign was launched on June 26th 2015 to provide the community with more information about little William Tyrrell’s disappearance with the aim of finding him and bringing him home to his family where he belongs."

JMO - I think the early Searchers were made aware of his Asthma, but I don't know if much information regarding the need for his medication was published in early the newspaper articles ....to direct this toward a possible abductor.

JMO - It appears that the information regarding William's Asthma was available on a website: About the Where’s William? Campaign

"The Where’s William? Campaign was launched on June 26th 2015 to provide the community with more information about little William Tyrrell’s disappearance with the aim of finding him and bringing him home to his family where he belongs."

JMO - I think the early Searchers were made aware of his Asthma, but I don't know if much information regarding the need for his medication was published in early the newspaper articles ....to direct this toward a possible abductor.

At 9:20am (this article has a timeline) on the morning after William disappeared, the police announced that they held grave fears for William as he suffers from asthma which can be triggered by stress.

Inspector Kim Fehon stated this information in their morning press briefing.

imo
I‘m totally aware of the degrees of challenges these children have been through, that led to their removal & placement with alternate caregivers / foster parents. Nor do I dismiss the ongoing challenges that they face because of.

Raising healthy children comes with huge responsibility & is no ‘walk in the park’ often.

This highlights the amazing work done by the very many selfless people who take a child / children into their homes, and support, love, nurture & develop these damaged young beings into wholesome & contributing members of society.

Whilst it rings true for the majority of us that we can’t choose our relatives/ parents, these children are in a position of a 2nd Chance, where ‘good parents/families’ are being chosen for them.

So IMO it also highlights the huge responsibility & deep thought that lies with those who select these ‘carers’ and place the fate of children in their hands.

Ex-Tyrrell suspect charged by police​

So essentially the judge gave DN bail because he is 88 years old. Despite the fact that he is still (allegedly) offending. While the police and a magistrate denied his bail over the weekend, and the prosecutor wants him held.

I guess it must be difficult for the prisons to be aged care facilities. Though the bail conditions mean that he is not allowed to leave his friend's house unless he is accompanied.

Sounds like he was still reoffending "over 5 years ago" - when he was 83 years old or so - as that is when his next-most-recent charges were.

The article says (as we know) that DN was looked at early in William's case as he lived just a short walk from FGM's house at the time.

Ex-Tyrrell suspect should never have been put on parole in the first place. Predators like him don’t stop offending because of their age imo. I wonder why they ruled him out in William’s disappearance. Anyone know?

Last edited:

One, Derek Nicholls - a convicted abuser of young boys who lived in Kendall NSW - refused to answer. He has previously had his premises searched by investigators, and told police that he was in another nearby town at the time of William’s disappearance.
Thanks Drsleuth. I hope they had confirmation from other people backing up his alibi. If not he’s someone I could see le casting aside because of his age imo. But that’s not good enough reason for me though. I’ve read a lot of articles about elderly people here and there committing some of the most gruesome crimes ever. I hope he was interrogated throughly. Just because he’s old doesn’t mean his actions have changed. Imo

DN too could have been an accomplice in the kidnapping, even if he only kept little W for a short time (until the maybe-drive with FA and RP (initials right?). IMO

I can't help but thinking some of the paedophiles discussed (again) recently would have been well and truly placed under the microscope by Police early on and cleared.

FA,TJ and PB would be ranked 2,3 and 4 on my POI's after the FP's.

Outside of this I can't seriously consider an 80+ year old man flying in like Superman, snatching William, putting him in a car and driving off without being seen or heard by anyone.

I sincerely hope that this is the "quiet before the storm".

Not much noise lately - I hope this is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.