Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bush has rabbits. Maybe he followed an animal. Do the grandparents have a cat or dog he could have followed BUT HOW FAR- HE'S ONLY A TODDLER.

Back to the drain. Little boys love those things could he dropped a ball or toy and then fell in after it?
I firmly believe he would fit through that drain. The police should be lifting the concrete top.

I do hope all the visitors fully checked their cars. Last summer a beloved pet jumped into a car and someone closed the door. After a frantic search from the owner and friends he found his dog dead in the car only metres from his door.

Oh my goodness - still no word of where he is?!

I think little William looks like an explorer.
and....
I thought this too 'they'll get you'- regarding something taking his attention like a animal, or he'd seen a pony, sheep or a dog and decided to go and try and find them - even a train, the train line is not that far away and he may have heard a train and thought to go and look for it.

What has he seen on his travels around the area to grandma and grandpa's that he's gone off to look for.
I wonder if he has wondered off toward the main road and had crossed it - and not into the bush side of his grandparents house.
I wonder if he was stuck or stranded somewhere and is unable to move.

I wonder if they have got residents to check their barns, sheds, dams and fields - and anything abandoned on their properties.

I hope they are checking the river line on the other side of Batar Creek Road too.

This Facebook page has a lot of updates and the admin tried to contact an aboriginal tracker, though he wouldn't be available until Tuesday unfortunately.
This poor baby must be so so scared.
https://www.facebook.com/ACAAPERTH

"All swimming pools were searched on the first day that were visible from the air, so we're confident that we've covered all of those," Inspector Fehon said.

Local resident Brad Hinder spent the past two nights looking for the child who they believe suffers from asthma.

"We came out just to hope we could hear him crying in the quiet of the night ... but no sound," he said.

"He is most likely in this forest ... it's more thick in there - up to your chest ... a child can easily hide if he's had an asthma attack and gone down or even gone into shock.

"It's treacherous, you couldn't get much worse bush for a young three-year-old."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/249...spider-man-costume-is-found-today-police-say/

That does not look good! The grass would be so much taller than the little guy!
Strange that the dogs couldn't track him outside the gate, hope all the grandparents property has been checked and re checked in case he's stuck somewhere.
I'm not sure any of my children would wander into that area alone at three. There would always be pretty close to me. My eldest was the more adventurous one, but I couldn't even see him venturing in there alone.
Come on little man, give the searchers a sign where you are!

That looks like lantana too - horrible scratchy stuff to touch, and it its a declared pest/weed in many areas. I could see a little one dashing off into bush after an animal as well - maybe a wallaby or some other creature that got ahead of him quickly? It is hard to understand why he hasn't turned up yet if that's what happened though. You'd think he'd have had a bit of a wail or made some noise when he got scared and lost if that's what happened - surely so close to homes somebody should have heard that?? No city traffic noise to drown out calls for help or anything.
I have seen people post here that the dogs couldn't pick up Williams scent outside the yard - can anyone direct me to where that info came from?

That looks like lantana too - horrible scratchy stuff to touch, and it its a declared pest/weed in many areas. I could see a little one dashing off into bush after an animal as well - maybe a wallaby or some other creature that got ahead of him quickly? It is hard to understand why he hasn't turned up yet if that's what happened though. You'd think he'd have had a bit of a wail or made some noise when he got scared and lost if that's what happened - surely so close to homes somebody should have heard that?? No city traffic noise to drown out calls for help or anything.
I have seen people post here that the dogs couldn't pick up Williams scent outside the yard - can anyone direct me to where that info came from?

BBM: I haven't seen that written anywhere that I have read either, catswhiskers. Other than here. Where did that come from?

If southaussie is correct (post #38) about where the house is that's quite a way for him to follow an animal into the bush.
Does anyone know if the whole family were visiting, or just the kids?
Ps. I wish we had online searches for RSOs like Americans do.

https://au.prime7.yahoo.com/n3/news...o-find-missing-3yo-boy-in-spider-man-costume/
Searchers looking for a missing three-year-old boy on the mid-north coast of New South Wales have re-traced their original steps, to double-check the boy has not been missed close to home.
-----
Superintendent Paul Fehon said the third day of the search saw crews go back over the original search area.
"Our search has gone back to the original location where young William was last seen, and we have retraced approximately one to one-and-a-half square kilometres quite thoroughly," he said.
-----
Earlier, Inspector Kim Fehon briefed rescue teams and said they still believed the boy was within a 1.5 kilometre radius of the house.
"We need to make sure we have covered every blade of grass within that area," she told crews.

Lets hope he is in close proximity, - I don't think he has gone that far either.

More search photos.

BxXScjSCMAAqhA8.jpg:medium

BxYrGsRCcAASMIG.jpg:large

BxYrGsTCUAAvPf8.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/LauraTunstall9

I think this is going to end up one of those awful cases where he had an accident or got trapped somewhere and is surprisingly close but hasn't been found yet. :(

Ah, so contrary to what I have just posted, it WAS his LITTLE sister! Thanks, South Aussie.
Well, she wouldn't be able to indicate anything. And, yes, it must have been something pretty amazing to lure William away...
The thing is, a kid that age has no concept of bush survival skills. Apart from following basic instincts perhaps, to seek cover or shelter from cold, there is no knowledge of how to obtain possible hydration or anything else related to survival.
Could it have been a neighbour, I wonder? Someone who could have kept an eye on the kids and gestured to William to come over, and then 'spirited' him away further from their own house over the subsequent hours??

Just wanted to say, in my post I said "older sister" as I have seen an article or two stating it was his older sister. Not much older, but older..

BBM: I haven't seen that written anywhere that I have read either, catswhiskers. Other than here. Where did that come from?

I posted about it. I can't link to the first article I read it in but here is one I just found while I was quickly looking for an update:

But with police dogs not picking a scent and no sign of William, detectives are remaining open to the possibility the boy was kidnapped.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...th-no-sign-of-missing-boy#Kd23Cyq2B8hFj1e1.99

<modsnip>

<modsnip>
I can't believe he still hasn't been found! Like you I thought he would be found not long after he disappeared. I can't even begin to imagine what his mum is going through! Where are you little man ???? :(

As for a potential abduction: isn't that a fairly unlikely place for something like that to occur? Who would just hang out there, waiting for a kid to turn up and abduct them? It's not like it's outside a school or in a shopping centre. How could anyone have known that William would be there, playing in the front garden, at that precise moment, and not under the watchful eye of an adult? It's not like it's even his home address! He was on a VISIT to his grandmother's place.

Those are my thoughts, as well. Such a seemingly random and unlikely scenario. Where is this little boy? :(

I thought that spider man outfit were pyjamas and would a 3yr old still be in nappies? Can who has little ones confirm please?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-13/william-tyrell-missing-3yo-wearing-spiderman-suit/5741526

My boys loved those things and would wear them 24/7 if I allowed it. It's more of a costume. My kids were all potty trained by age 3.

The yard where they were playing was fenced with a gate, correct? So someone would have had to get him to come out of the gate. If sister is a couple of years older, how is it that she didn't see anything? I'm so confused!

"All swimming pools were searched on the first day that were visible from the air, so we're confident that we've covered all of those," Inspector Fehon said.

I hope the pools are constantly looked at NOT JUST ONCE!
Sometimes I can 'feel' where someone might be.....but this time I can't.
When I first heard I said to hubby 'he's climbed into a car'.
I hope they thoroughly checked their cars.

Each time I check here and check fb and there is no news my heart gets heavier :( Where are you little spidey? :please:

Teams will be coming in from Sydney today, maybe to take over from exhausted searchers.

SES have also commented that all areas are being checked and rechecked several times, as William may have wandered in and out and back in to an area.

Another comment says that SES have been checking cars, farm machinery ... police have checked people's houses, sheds, yards.

Someone else reported to police another little boy they saw in a spiderman outfit in a shopping centre 3 hours away.

It sounds like they are trying their hardest to leave no stone unturned.

https://www.facebook.com/MidNorthCo...0170934937/675889485839669/?type=1&permPage=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100