Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely it wouldn't take 6 months for forensics though?
Good point.
Just trying to understand the logic of it being released. Wow I can't believe its been that long already!!!

Oh thank God this has finally come out. Some of us have known about this for quite a while but couldn't mention it. Apparently the Spiderman figurine was tucked up under the sun visor in BS's van. Anyone still sitting on the fence?

:yesss: finally!

Hi!

I've been following this case since it started but have only decided to sign up. I've read all of the threads and thank everyone for their input.

I was drawn to this case specifically because of a possible familial link (which after much sleuthing of the families involved showed that I wasn't related) but the horror of the situation was more than enough to keep me interested.

FWIW I think Bill Spedding is somehow involved with William's disapperance but not solely responsible. I do always like to give people the benefit of the doubt until all of the facts come out and they are given a chance to tell their side of the story but in this case, something isn't sitting right. I know how the police work and I do not think they would put so much emphasis on one person unless they were certain where they were heading.

In some cases it can 6 months for forensics to come back. Many labs are back-logged with cases that it is possible it took so long. I think in this case they would surely push testing through faster.

Edited because I forgot to link the comment I was replying to regarding length of time.

I woke up with the strongest feeling there was a breakthrough. I hadn't heard before about the figurine and it was all over the news this morning so I would assume yes this has been a calculated release of info.
BUT....not wanting to rain on anyone's parade here...isn't it just a little too convenient?
Don't get me wrong...Im not on the BS is innocent wagon....but lets take a moment here.
Im still thinking it could be a set up by someone who knows BS's history...could be that he has upset someone who knows him well and they want revenge and this was an opportunity to put him in it....or possibly going along a similar tangent....someone who is not really not happy that he was never prosecuted for what happened in 1987....and wants that to all come out. This bears a lot of merit in my mind...the more I think about it....this happened 28 years ago right??
Of course a more simple explanation is that he did it, someone found out he did it wants to make sure he gets caught this time but wont speak up. I just dont think he would be that stupid to have the toy in the car.

In reply to sosocurious (post 446) I imagine the same. My children are older and I tend to gather a little collection of the Happy Meals figurines in my car, one toy lived tucked in to the strap on the sun visor for so long I forgot it was there until it was time to get rid of the car.

In some cases it can. Many labs are back-logged with cases that it is possible it took so long. I think in this case they would surely push testing through faster.

Welcome Freddo Frog!!!!!! Very good points.

https://au.prime7.yahoo.com/n3/news/a/-/national/28388340/no-comment-on-spedding-figurine-nsw-cops/

NSW Police won't comment on reports that a Spiderman figurine was found in Bill Spedding's van, the person of interest in the disappearance of William Tyrrell.
Obvious info didn't come from LE then. So no comment from them IMO leads me to believe it's all about a circumstantial case or BS is innocent and his family are telling the public on why their house was turned upside due to sheer coincidences

Now we just need Old Col to come out to explain the spiderman toy to the media!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I woke up with the strongest feeling there was a breakthrough. I hadn't heard before about the figurine and it was all over the news this morning so I would assume yes this has been a calculated release of info.
BUT....not wanting to rain on anyone's parade here...isn't it just a little too convenient?
Don't get me wrong...Im not on the BS is innocent wagon....but lets take a moment here.
Im still thinking it could be a set up by someone who knows BS's history...could be that he has upset someone who knows him well and they want revenge and this was an opportunity to put him in it....or possibly going along a similar tangent....someone who is not really not happy that he was never prosecuted for what happened in 1987....and wants that to all come out. This bears a lot of merit in my mind...the more I think about it....this happened 28 years ago right??
Of course a more simple explanation is that he did it, someone found out he did it wants to make sure he gets caught this time but wont speak up. I just dont think he would be that stupid to have the toy in the car.

I agree with the bolded statement. I use my sun visor every day based on the direction I'm driving and I know many tradespeople who use their visor to hold pens and papers and stuff, so I can't imagine a figurine would be overlooked (unless it was on the passenger side which wouldn't be easily accessible).

I have my suspicions about who is behind a lot of the information that seems to be leaked, but I may be wrong. I can understand their motives and reasons behind it if it is who I believe it to be but I think they need to be very careful. I feel they're potentially making it all about them and they're losing sight of the bigger picture.

From the Daily Telegraph " Mrs Spedding told the newspaper her husband, a whitegoods repairman, had been given the doll by one of the children in his care to keep him company during work travel.
Mrs Spedding last night claimed the whitegoods repairman used the doll “to keep him company” as he travelled around the Port Macquarie area performing jobs."

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-reportedly-found-in-bill-spedding-s-work-van

The "bigger picture" is William. I can't help wondering ..... Does anyone think he is still alive?

Good point.
Just trying to understand the logic of it being released. Wow I can't believe its been that long already!!!

I'm wondering if they've released it now so as to stop him getting bail?

Thanks for that, TGY.

From what I've been told, they also keep child molesters & pedophiles eg Brett Cowan is isolation from other prisoners as they are targeted and assaulted by other prisoners. Perhaps this is why Spedding is in maximum security - to protect him.

Such a shame! Pity they wouldn't let the other prisoners give these sorts exactly what they deserve, just as they have done to innocent children.

I'm wondering if they've released it now so as to stop him getting bail?
I'm still thinking they're working on someone associated with BS and trying to get them to spill. This person may or may not know or admit to themselves the full extent of BS's involvement. Could be that they are trying to build up the case against BS for this person - as each little piece stacks up, that someone may eventually go "Oh my God"? Something like a Spidey toy could be the crack that blows the dam wall. Just a theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie