Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week, detectives searched a cabin at The Haven caravan park at Laurieton, south of Port Macquarie, after neighbours told police they had heard a child crying in the weeks after William disappeared.

A middle-aged couple from Victoria were believed to have stayed in the cabin from September 28 to October 9.

The owner of the caravan park reportedly told Fairfax media the noise alarmed other residents.

"We don't have kids, [nor are there] many children in the park; they are all retired here, so it is an unusual sound," he said.

"Police came here. They wanted to have a look through even though I'd been through that cabin since. We went down because obviously there might have been a body in there or [the police] thought there could be."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/260...cret-owner-of-raided-house-posts-on-facebook/

Thank you for supplying the link.....my memory is good but posting links was always my downfall...

Last week, detectives searched a cabin at The Haven caravan park at Laurieton, south of Port Macquarie, after neighbours told police they had heard a child crying in the weeks after William disappeared.

A middle-aged couple from Victoria were believed to have stayed in the cabin from September 28 to October 9.

The owner of the caravan park reportedly told Fairfax media the noise alarmed other residents.

"We don't have kids, [nor are there] many children in the park; they are all retired here, so it is an unusual sound," he said.

"Police came here. They wanted to have a look through even though I'd been through that cabin since. We went down because obviously there might have been a body in there or [the police] thought there could be."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/260...cret-owner-of-raided-house-posts-on-facebook/

BBM

Always thought that comment odd given the owner had already been through the cabin.

Residents were alarmed by the sound of a crying child in the weeks following William disappearance.

I wonder who may have been in the cabin from the 12th to 27th Sept give or take a few days.

The Victorian couple, a POI, a person known to a POI. :dunno:

Was it a simple look around because the police thought there could be a body in the cabin? Were items removed for testing ...mattress for example.

imo

So who was the child in the caravan park then (if it was a child crying)? Could've been a bird, like a Bush Stone-curlew. Haunting noises come from that thing, although pretty rare in that region. Don't laugh, when travellers visit a new place they hear new wildlife, and confuse it for the nearest familiar sound they know. Or for locals, they might hear an uncommon bird visiting the region.

For example, Rangers in Kakadu National Park sometimes get complaints that a camper has brought a dog into the park, because they thought they heard a dog barking all night.

A shiny penny to anyone who knows what bird barks like a dog.

Good thinking abut the curlew

"They heard an infant crying and they thought it was coming from that cabin," the owner said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/caravan-p...iam-tyrell-20150121-12ux0y.html#ixzz44ZcE77xJ
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

(The Barking Owl. This bird is very special because it barks like a dog!! Besides it having total crazy eyes, if you hear a dog in a tree at night, it’s likely this fellow.)

I wonder when the resident made that call? It sounds like the police went through the cabin after the owner went through it. I would have thought that police would have come the same day/night that the call was made...isn't that what normally happens when someone makes a call to the police whether it be a continually barking dog or a domestic dispute etc? I think I'm reading it incorrectly

no not for me

Originally Posted by Freddo Frog View Post
Off topic, but is anyone else finding that William's name on this thread is highlighted with a yellow box around it and his name written in red? I've cleared my browser's cache and cookies but it's still showing as highlighted.

If you have searched the thread for "William", then each mentioning of "William" is marked yellow. Have you done this before? Perhaps log out and log in, maybe it's gone afterwards?

So who was the child in the caravan park then (if it was a child crying)? Could've been a bird, like a Bush Stone-curlew. Haunting noises come from that thing, although pretty rare in that region. Don't laugh, when travellers visit a new place they hear new wildlife, and confuse it for the nearest familiar sound they know. Or for locals, they might hear an uncommon bird visiting the region.

For example, Rangers in Kakadu National Park sometimes get complaints that a camper has brought a dog into the park, because they thought they heard a dog barking all night.

Yes

Which is why I wonder........ when exactly was the alarming crying of the child was heard .... a day, a week, a fortnight, a month following William's disappearance. Day or night .... Night and day.
When was it reported to police week one, two or four OR ????
When did the police check out that cabin to confirm there was no body in the said cabin ..... Sept 2014? Dec 2014? Jan 2015?

Further along the path is Laurieton Oval with a newly-equipped childrens' playground, a skateboard park and tennis courts.................................
http://www.havencaravanpark.com/index.html

imo

Yes

Which is why I wonder........ when exactly was the alarming crying of the child was heard .... a day, a week, a fortnight, a month following William's disappearance. Day or night .... Night and day.
When did the police check out that cabin to confirm there was no body in the said cabin ..... Sept 2014? Dec 2014? Jan 2015?

Further along the path is Laurieton Oval with a newly-equipped childrens' playground, a skateboard park and tennis courts.................................

imo
I'm sure that if all the true times and dates were known then that would throw part of the case open?...who knows...the investigators probably have their reasons for holding back on that info I'd say

Sorry to skew the flow in forum, edited to attach quote to make sense.

Most likely you are right but I think Halibut refers to the part of the article where it refers to William Tyrrell as 'Queensland boy'. Did the reporter ever respond, Halibut??

Hi, my apologies, I didn't see this comment, until now, reading back through older posts. I am new to websleuths but have been following Williams story since he "vanished". No, the reporter did not return an answer to my query. I wonder if it was an amatuer reporters over sight or if there was some fact in it. Just worth a share, IMOO.

You make a good point Puggle. There is also his own foster kids/stepgrandkids who were removed from his care at some stage in the case and indications seem to be that it was before he became a POI. The recurring caravan theme bugs me and I can't quite explain why. The seeming lack of proof that the POI was anywhere he (or his wife) said he was at the time and as you say, that no one else seems to be speaking out as his mate (even Col is quiet these days). The timeline of how it became known that the POI had a history also makes me wonder? As I remember, the POI wasn't named publicly until it was discovered he had been a visitor to the house AND had a history. So someone had to know he had been there AND know he had some sort of a history to be able to flag him to LE. I am constantly bugged by the comments of the journalist that there is something that the public cannot know and the implication was there that she thinks they should be allowed to know....and whatever that is.....it is something that the locals are aware of.

Hi Inspector! Could what's bugging you about the caravan be related to an historical case ? I thought it may be around the time of the (NSW?) paedophile ring which included 'Dolly' Dunn but I can't seem to find an online reference. The other possibility is Daniel Morcombe's killer. He sexually assaulted a 6 year old boy at a Darwin caravan park.

Barking Owl. Cockatoos can bark like dogs too but aren't nocturnal. Another really creepy animal that is said to bark is the Bird-Eating Spider (a Tarantula found in Australia) but they actually 'whistle' when threatened. *runs away screaming*

Dear little boy, where are you? Will you ever be found? Sending much love to, and many prayers for, William and his loved ones. Easter must've been so difficult.

Barking Owl. Cockatoos can bark like dogs too but aren't nocturnal. Another really creepy animal that is said to bark is the Bird-Eating Spider (a Tarantula found in Australia) but they actually 'whistle' when threatened. *runs away screaming*

Correct! A Barking Owl.

I wonder when the resident made that call? It sounds like the police went through the cabin after the owner went through it. I would have thought that police would have come the same day/night that the call was made...isn't that what normally happens when someone makes a call to the police whether it be a continually barking dog or a domestic dispute etc? I think I'm reading it incorrectly

Im wondering if the childs cries weren't reported at the time.....and it was only months later, as Williams case was more publicised. ..that someone remembered about the child crying - then rang through to crimestoppers.

The dates when the child were heard.... coincide with nsw school holidays.

Yes

imo

I think they must of searched it around the 16th or 17th of January 2015. The article mentioning the search was dated the 22nd and was stated that police had conducted their search "At the end of last week".

Sadly if this was considered a plausable scenario......that William was hidden in a caravan and then taken away from the area.........well...that's one mighty big head start to getting away.

Im wondering if the childs cries weren't reported at the time.....and it was only months later, as Williams case was more publicised. ..that someone remembered about the child crying - then rang through to crimestoppers.

The dates when the child were heard.... coincide with nsw school holidays.
Same here Puggle, I'd say that if the cries were reported at the time then police would have been there asap rather than weeks or months later. I wonder if it was 1 or a few people reporting it? Surely the case would of been fresh in people's minds and the caravan park being close to where William was abducted would of made residents connect the dots there and then. Now I wonder if the calls were made later to "clear" the residents or that they somehow "remembered" the cries way back when.

I think the investigators know it was William at the caravan park otherwise why would msm report on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998