Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think police definitely think that someone is protecting the perp. If they haven't spoken up yet I doubt they ever will.....unless trying to plea bargain. But if it's a woman (wife) it may never happen. Even if she were to call in an anonymous tip, she would be afraid would be considered an accomplice or jailed for lying to investigators.

Someone needs to slip up!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rmation-missing-four-year-old-s-abductor.html
Justice Minister Troy Grant also says 'someone in the community holds the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle' and Hetty Johnson in the same article makes the comment that someone may be too afraid to say something but can remain anonymous 'and the country will wrap its arms around you to support and protect you'.
I agree, it all points towards the fact they know very well that someone can tell them what happened to William. And the wording to me, the signboards and the facebook appeals all seem to be very much directed at a particular person, and probably female. IMHO.

What I don't understand is if they are so certain someone is withholding vital information then why haven't charges been pressed. If the authorities are so sure then what are they waiting for? An inquest?

Just to clarify I mean charges for withholding information!

so, williams case was referred to the nsw coroner michael barnes in 2015 and, paraphrasing from an article by dan box in the australian, a coroners file was opened in february 2015 classified as a suspected death, paving the way for an inquest, michael barnes is widely known as 'cold case barnes' his decision to hold a public inquest on daniel morcombe resulted in his killer being identified.
because nsw police are still active in williams case an inquest is not expected any time soon, a spokesperson for nsw coroners court confirmed the case had been referred to them by police on january 30 2015

so, im not sure what an inquest does, if police have all the info already, does it just make everything public?
and isnt there usually a set time frame before an inquest is held, like seven years?

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/29574763/tyrrell-case-referred-to-morcombe-coroner/

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...e/news-story/0bb0aebee0f0f3c71385554caea25179

Just to clarify I mean charges for withholding information!

I guess like in everything legal...they have to be able to prove it beyond reasonable doubt. Must be very frustrating. Frustrates the hell out of me just as an observer.

I don't understand the whole inquest thing either and I'm not sure if the results are always made public but surely getting every possible person involved in an inquest is bound to flush out answers or at least make some reconsider they're keeping quiet!
I just wish something would happen that brings the person or people responsible for WTs disappearance held accountable....

Where are you little Spidey?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Found a couple of websites re NSW Coronial Inquests (but please be alive and well little William!):

http://www.coroners.justice.nsw.gov...ss/inquests_inquiries/inquests_inquiries.aspx
http://www.armstronglegal.com.au/corporate-crime/coronial-inquests/when-can-an-inquest-be-held

It was reported in September 2015 that "The disappearance of New South Wales toddler William Tyrrell has been referred to the Coroner's Court, but police say the investigation is continuing in the belief he is alive.

A spokesperson for the NSW Coroner's Court said there had been no formal request for an inquest and the police investigation into William's fate was ongoing...Police said the referral of William's disappearance to the coroner was in line with standard protocol for this kind of matter." http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-19/william-tyrrell-case-referred-to-coroner's-court/6788624

Wouldn't it be wonderful if little William was reunited with his family for Easter.

To everyone, have a safe and happy Easter break with your loved ones and hold them close.

Haven't been around in ages (Daniel O'Keefe's case prompted me to come back) but still can't believe little Spidey hasn't been found :(
With DO'K remains being found under the house after all these years when the house was searched at the beginning, it makes me wonder what if something was missed in the search for WT too?

Perhaps there was - at another house that was searched and had the septic tank dug up?

Haven't been around in ages (Daniel O'Keefe's case prompted me to come back) but still can't believe little Spidey hasn't been found :(
With DO'K remains being found under the house after all these years when the house was searched at the beginning, it makes me wonder what if something was missed in the search for WT too?

I never followed Daniel's case here, but I did on FB when he first went missing. That he has been on his own property all this time undetected really makes you think about the possibilities that might be being overlooked in cases like WT's.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if little William was reunited with his family for Easter.

To everyone, have a safe and happy Easter break with your loved ones and hold them close.

That would be amazing! Bring little Spidey home. Happy Easter to you. :grouphug::daisy:

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of faith in our police force, I respect their line of work and don't think I would be able to do what they do. However, they do make mistakes and they do miss things - they're human like the rest of us.

So I guess if it was easy enough to miss a grown man under the house (that's if he was there from the beginning), how easy is it to miss a small child? :thinking:

I'd hate to think this or similar has been WT's fate but this recent discovery of DO'K does open my mind up a bit more to other possibilities :(

I agree! I agree!

I just can't believe that with all the skills at the disposal of our investigative forces, the degenerate misfits in our society can still be 'superior' .. and after all this time!

WTF is going on here .. William's parents must either be going totally out of their mind, or alternatively, been kept very much aware of the investigation and the outcome, to the point where they have become prepared to 'play the game' for the greater good.

I don't understand the whole inquest thing either and I'm not sure if the results are always made public but surely getting every possible person involved in an inquest is bound to flush out answers or at least make some reconsider they're keeping quiet!
I just wish something would happen that brings the person or people responsible for WTs disappearance held accountable....

I suspect much of the inquest findings will be redacted and not publicly released in full.

ETA and quite frankly, I actually think the foster kid thing is a bit of a red herring. The police are not restricted from finding out whatever information they need. It's an extremely well publicised missing persons case, despite the fact that WTs caregivers are not able to front the media openly. I think there are plenty of murders and abductions and missing persons cases that get solved by good police work with a mere fraction of the publicity this case has received. It's frustrating to us but I don't think it is what is making this case drag on. It's something else. Lack of evidence, lack of cooperation from the people the police probably already know quite well are involved/have information, etc. At this point all the locals who would have seen or heard something at the time would have been interviewed ad nauseum. And if he IS alive and being kept somewhere, there is nothing keeping William's face from being out there, and it is. He's surely the best-known missing kid in Australia.

Yep, William is the best known missing kid out there and I must say, I get frustrated by the vagueness of the public appeals. The police can tell us until they're blue in the face that "somebody knows something", but we (the public) can't do a damn thing about it. How are we supposed to help when we are just being told that "somebody knows something?"

I mean, at least give us a clue as to WHO "knows something".

It just makes people upset and frustrated, well, me at least.

And to see everything that's being done for Tiah Leigh Palmer, non-anonymous family appeal, reward, indemnity... none of this is being done for William... or does this only occur after a murder is confirmed?

Yep, William is the best known missing kid out there and I must say, I get frustrated by the vagueness of the public appeals. The police can tell us until they're blue in the face that "somebody knows something", but we (the public) can't do a damn thing about it. How are we supposed to help when we are just being told that "somebody knows something?"

I mean, at least give us a clue as to WHO "knows something".

It just makes people upset and frustrated, well, me at least.

And to see everything that's being done for Tiah Leigh Palmer, non-anonymous family appeal, reward, indemnity... none of this is being done for William... or does this only occur after a murder is confirmed?

I just wish everyone would get over the anonymity thing. It's there for a reason even if we don't know why. We know the movements, description and age of William and have heard the family speak. No rewards are offered unless there's a body. No point whinging about it. There's no ill intentions just the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members