Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just get a feeling in this case that the investigation is following a false assumption. e.g. something they are relying upon to be a fact is either false or been interpreted incorrectly. Just getting to the end of #2 in this thread is overwhelming. Interested to know how often police are rotated on cases so they don't get so attached or obsessive bout a case and it can be regularly viewed with fresh eyes. MOO

If William was found alive, would we, the great unwashed, ever be told?

The crazy strict privacy laws shutting everyone's mouths, I really doubt any information about William would be allowed.

Think about it.....

Yes, I think so, because whoever did it would surely still be charged with kidnapping etc and that is a matter of public record.
They might suppress WT's name (and even the perp's name) during court proceedings, but we'd probably all know who they were talking about anyway...

ETA and I just don't think that would stay a secret, what with social media being what it is.

I just get a feeling in this case that the investigation is following a false assumption. e.g. something they are relying upon to be a fact is either false or been interpreted incorrectly. Just getting to the end of #2 in this thread is overwhelming. Interested to know how often police are rotated on cases so they don't get so attached or obsessive bout a case and it can be regularly viewed with fresh eyes. MOO
Agree frogwell. I dont think this is a pedofile abduction. I think this was too organised to be an amateur thing.

Yes, I think so, because whoever did it would surely still be charged with kidnapping etc and that is a matter of public record.
They might suppress WT's name (and even the perp's name) during court proceedings, but we'd probably all know who they were talking about anyway...

ETA and I just don't think that would stay a secret, what with social media being what it is.

Unless of course, Eloise, that William's disappearance was the result of a monumental stuff up by an already scandal-filled NSW government department/authority. Then there is a risk that this would entail even more court suppression orders being put into place regardless of the so-called 'public good' or our right to know the truth.

Hopefully, there will be those who are brave enough to blow the whistle although, sadly, they have been silent (silenced?) up until now.

If William was found alive, would we, the great unwashed, ever be told?

The crazy strict privacy laws shutting everyone's mouths, I really doubt any information about William would be allowed.

Think about it.....
With SM we would hear about it, although it may never be confirmed!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Don't one of the POI's have a court date right about now?

Don't one of the POI's have a court date right about now?

I think there's some information on those back on this thread. Maybe around ANZAC Day (4/25 for those of you outside AUS).

I also have a 'feeling' all is not what it seems in William's case, froggy. In the early days I think it's entirely possible that there was a false lead or misinterpretation of the facts in the investigation into William's disappearance.

Enter DI Jubelin. If the initial investigation was headed in the wrong direction before he arrived on the scene, I'm sure that would have been swiftly remedied. I wouldn't underestimate DI Jubelin's ability to sort the wheat from the chaff. He is smart and very, very good at his chosen vocation.

I also think he knows how to find balance as evidenced by his attendances at yoga retreats and his martial arts practices. The man has focus which makes him a formidable opponent of violent criminals. I'm almost certain he's read 'The Art of War' by Sun Tzu after reading the latest article about him :D (If you haven't read it, do so. It's an amazing article.)

As for the analysts, etc, I'm certain they would be rotated or be given leave if they became overwhelmed. No doubt they also have access to psychologists through an EAP.

Let's spare a thought for our police and emergency services. They see and hear things that can't be unseen or unheard and all in our service. I can't say 'Thank you.' enough to them for doing a job that must, at times, make the bulk of humanity seem 'irredeemably evil'.

also if there was an indigenous issue here there would be a lot more secrecy and red tape
especially if he was with bio relatives it may make recovery difficult
but im not saying there is an indigenous issue, just IF

also if there was an indigenous issue here there would be a lot more secrecy and red tape
especially if he was with bio relatives it may make recovery difficult
but im not saying there is an indigenous issue, just IF

Interesting point bb. Yes, IF...

Sorry but that's ridiculous. The only indigenous issue is photos published if someone has passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am aware of that thankyou, Found, as are most of my fellow Australians. I'm sure your fact about visual images (and, may I add, playing voice recordings and saying the names of our First People who have passed are taboo without their family's permission) will be instructive for those who haven't studied indigenous history or culture from their perspective.

What bearbear stated is conjecture, not an opinion or even fact. I was merely musing on that in my reply as I am now musing on the fact that you replied to me, rather than bearbear. Interesting.

Hi everyone,
I've been taking a break from WS for a while as it was all getting too much and too sad. Off topic but I do want to mention that a short while ago I saw a white car parked at a shopping centre that had pictures of William on the sides and where's William or something very similar to the billboards I have seen on the way to Port Macquarie. Wasn't something I expected to see where I live as I'm three hours away from Port but it comforted me to know that there are definitely people still out there that are committed to finding young William.

sorry if my post offended ....
it was only another scenario i had thought of regarding secrecy,
that if william or his bio family were indigenous then there may be more sensitivity and secrecy regarding the handling of the case
where govt departments dont want the public backlash and accusations of mismanagement and another child lost in the system

that if william or his bio family were indigenous then there may be more sensitivity and secrecy regarding the handling of the case
where govt departments dont want the public backlash and accusations of mismanagement and another child lost in the system

I didn't find anything about your post offensive bb and I, for one, think your point isn't ridiculous at all.

Hi everyone,
I've been taking a break from WS for a while as it was all getting too much and too sad. Off topic but I do want to mention that a short while ago I saw a white car parked at a shopping centre that had pictures of William on the sides and where's William or something very similar to the billboards I have seen on the way to Port Macquarie. Wasn't something I expected to see where I live as I'm three hours away from Port but it comforted me to know that there are definitely people still out there that are committed to finding young William.

I'm glad you're back, Chloe. IMO it's not OT that people are committed to finding William. Thanks for posting about the car. I found it to be a great morale boost.

I very much liked your post bearbear. We have to look at all scenarios. Anything is possible IMO

I'd like to acknowledge William's mother and grandmother(s) as it's Mother's Day in Australia today.

For the WSers who have children, grandchildren and maybe even great grandchildren, have a peaceful and happy day.

While we're enjoying ourselves today, let's also spare a thought for the women who are without their children and grandchildren, especially those whose loved ones are missing or have had their lives taken by others' hands.

Let's also spare a thought for our own mothers; biological or not. Have a wonderful day Mums, Nannas and Great Grandmas. Remember, you are greatly loved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie