Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there ever been other cases like this that so little has been shared? What was the purpose of the initial appeal?

I'm confused.

Do others think that they know what's happened but can't speculate due to gag orders etc?

This same scenario is screaming at me too.
If the police know he's safe then why would they keep searching, surely they would be told!
Was he abducted, dead or is he away in a safe environment.
This is the most confusing & frustrating missing person ever.
William is only a baby, I hope he's safe.

I've wondered too why things are so quiet about this case. I wonder about it quite a lot, actually.
As you said, the strange thing is, if the police know more than they are letting on then why do they keep searching bushland with dogs and why do they keep saying they are "stumped"? I don't know, it just doesn't sit right with me. The community, and a lot of people around the country, are genuinely distressed about this case and the lack of promotion along with the cops saying, "Eh, we're stumped" is just outrageous IMO. Where are the rewards for his safe return or information? Where are the appeals?

I think the main reason for their silence is due to what they (the police) first said when he went missing about him having had a very complicated upbringing (or something to that effect), and when it was announced that DOCs (government agency that focuses on the welfare of children]) were involved, this led to further speculation about what might have been going on. People have drawn their own conclusions as to what all this meant, but the media has been unusually respectful in not publishing speculative comments (they often do, especially the likes of Daily Mail).

In the last news interview I heard, they said that their inquiries were continuing, they didn't have an update to provide, and the dogs could not detect a scent past the end of the driveway (the last point being in response to a question asked by a reporter).

I'm not sure how long they wait before issuing rewards in Australia, but money talks ... and given William's young age and difficult circumstances, I would've thought that offering a reward for any information leading to an arrest and/or William's whereabouts would be a step in the right direction.

I agree that's why the media are being quiet - it's not up to them to break the ruling and go against FaCS - but I bet the police and/or courts could - if they wanted or needed to get more info out there.

I kind of feel like maybe the fact that that hasn't happened means there is a LOT more than meets the public eye to this case.

I feel at a loss as to what to think about all of this, William is just a baby really, surely someone must know something.

Its hard to make a lot of comments without saying the wrong thing, its just a massive mystery.

Wondering if the day care mums still visit here?

If a government department knows something & is too bloody minded to share the information with our police force to save wasted taxpayers dollars on endless wild goose chases, well this lowly taxpayer & concerned member of the public will be one bloody angry woman!

Just let us know if the kid OK & our community is safe to walk in peace!!!

7 weeks and nothing. Where are you little man? Who took you or has you? I feel for the family but wouldn't you put your safety on the line to find your baby? If that is why they are not in the media :/ It's just bizare. If they don't want to have their faces out there get the other family friend nicole back to speak to media. Do something.... this silence is a deafening roar!!

Capture.JPG
Interesting article. So Benaroon drive is not a dead end- the dirt road continues to the cemetery, which can be accessed from Albert street... Also looks like the dirt road turns further.

Article states that Williams grandfather is buried in that cemetery. I wonder if the family went for a walk to the cemetery the afternoon before, when they arrived from Sydney.

Given that it would have been the grandmother's (who they were staying with) husband, it's a high possibility. I wonder what time they arrived the previous day and if they had time to walk there that afternoon. Supposedly a very steep road, though. I wonder if he would have attempted it by himself.

There is still a lot that the public can do in this case. Putting up ‘missing’ posters everywhere is one effective thing that can keep William in the public eye.
I’m not sure that I have seen one consistent ‘missing’ poster anywhere … just a variety of different ones made by various caring people on social media.

Overseas, there have even been incidences of people renting (or being donated) billboard space and gaining high visibility that way.

Or placing the occasional full page/half page ad in major MSM – Saturday or Sunday papers, in particular. Sometimes the media will donate this space, but a fund-raising drive could achieve the same thing.

I just wish there was an organised group that was doing these types of things for William - as the organised groups for Kyle Coleman, Jennifer Ramsaran (US), and Daniel Morcombe did (and are still doing, in Kyle's case). Family and close friends are usually behind these types of organised actions.

There is still a lot that the public can do in this case. Putting up ‘missing’ posters everywhere is one effective thing that can keep William in the public eye.
I’m not sure that I have seen one consistent ‘missing’ poster anywhere … just a variety of different ones made by various caring people on social media.
Overseas, there have even been incidences of people renting (or being donated) billboard space and gaining high visibility that way.

Or placing the occasional full page/half page ad in major MSM – Saturday or Sunday papers, in particular. Sometimes the media will donate this space, but a fund-raising drive could achieve the same thing.

I just wish there was an organised group that was doing these types of things for William - as the organised groups for Kyle Coleman, Jennifer Ramsaran (US), and Daniel Morcombe did (and are still doing, in Kyle's case). Family and close friends are usually behind these types of organised actions.

There is a page that are making posters and sending them across Australia to be put up. They don't know the family or have any connections but seem to have a decent following. I believe the link is already on the thread somewhere. Hopefully this means more people will see his little face :)

Still no news? :( :(

Yup you guessed, no news!
We are talking about a missing 3 year old HUMAN BABY BOY I'm so equally frustrated wondering how this darling child is. Are we expected to forget that this little boy ever existed, is he dead somewhere in the bush or is he in the hands of a pedophile ring being abused!
Is our police force one of the great unwashed not valuable enough to be advised what another arm of our government departments are doing?

DON'T GET ME STARTED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member