Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll have to wait for the Daily Mail to copy paste the article from The Australian because that's a read-only one :(

You know .. if he got the part for the washing machine on Thursday night, it does seem weird that he went straight to his office that morning instead of going over to Kendall to install it, seems much more likely you'd go and get that job out of the way first, before meeting your wife for coffee and heading to the school. Do we know the exact time that concert started?

Also if he went over to Kendall, he arrived unannounced, so the adults would have no reason to worry about the kids running around, as the only person they were expecting was the adoptive father, who was aware the children would be in the yard and would therefore be careful.

The article was very odd.... then it begs the question .... if this individual was noticed WAY back then why has it taken so long to get to this point? Was he being investigated this whole time? Was he questioned early on? Or was it just a work van in the area? So many unanswered questions.
Yes, I read he'd been questioned twice and voluntarily made a statement to police.

When he said he'd never gone back to the house, did he mean never back to fix the machine? He must have omitted to say that his van had gone back to the street. He could've been doing a job for someone else. Kendall is more a residential area and businesses are at Laurieton, so it makes sense that someone would call a business in Laurieton.

Perhaps police have checked his phone to see if he was due to work in the street that day, or maybe they didn't because he's not a suspect. Maybe they think he's not the real perp but can't get the info they need out of him, so they've made a spectacular presence at his home with 19 police cars, a helicopter and a media conference. Like throwing a grenade in a chicken coup, people will start squarking and panicking. There will be so much pressure on him and questions from people.

Edit: I also remember Paul Fehon repeating multiple times during the press conference that people should call Crime Stoppers. He said it more than usual IMO. He kept stressing that it was not a breakthrough and to call Crime Stoppers.

I do know from living in a small town that finding a tradesperson is like finding a gold nugget and often such a person is very much in demand. I'm wondering if we will soon find out that there were many stops for him in days following WT 's disappearance - MOO

Instead, at that “crucial time” when William went missing, the Speddings were sitting at the Buzz Cafe in Laurieton, 10km from Kendall, according to Mr Youngberry.

“They have got proof that they were at the cafe because he paid for the coffees by card,” he said.

Mr Spedding and his wife then attended a presentation across the road at Laurieton Primary School, where one of the grandchildren was receiving an award.

Investigators were not aware of this detail before they questioned Mr Spedding this week, Mr Youngberry said.

“But I’ve downloaded the receipt and he (Mr Spedding) has now got it in his hot little hand,” he said.

“You order your coffee and you pay for it straight away, so it covers a reasonable period and it is a very crucial time.”

The couple were “devastated” when they arrived at Mr Youngberry’s house to stay overnight on Tuesday after police interviews, he said.

Police removed the police tape at their Bonny Hills house early yesterday and said their search of the property had concluded and that items they had removed would be sent away for analysis.

Mr Youngberry said his relative had all but raised his three step-grandchildren and that he was a good man.

https://www.google.com.au/#q=http:/...s-kidnap-suspect/story-e6frg6nf-1227193861228

^^ used the google link

whoever thought they would be relieved to purchase coffee with bank card (((am so glad they did))))

From that article:

However, the superintendent was critical of some media organisations, who he said may face “very very serious complications for them if nothing eventuates”.

Poor journalism? " Spiderman suited boy's grandfather allowed home after police search "

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/spider...ther-allowed-home-after-police-search-6222711

The media has made MANY mistakes in this case. An interesting one nonetheless considering the foster child angle.

Thanks for posting that Mrs G Norris #1054, I wasn't able to see the article on my end either.

will be interested to see if this NZ article prints a correction ....... or will let it ''stand''

Oh wow so media may have jumped the gun and named him when it really was just routine? If it turns out BS had nothing to do with William's disappearance then that means police really are at a complete loss and have absolutely no idea what happened to him.

It appears they've updated some info ... You might remember a few days ago they would NOT confirm if they were related. The media have been very messy with this case.

Published: 15:12 EST, 21 January 2015 | Updated: 08:09 EST, 23 January 2015

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-toddler-William-Tyrell.html#ixzz3PbJmscTd
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Police Superintendent Paul Fehon confirmed the homicide squad and State Crime Command were leading the investigation.

He told reporters in Port Macquarie the Speddings were not biological relatives of William Tyrell, who has a complicated family history.

Oh wow so media may have jumped the gun and named him when it really was just routine? If it turns out BS had nothing to do with William's disappearance then that means police really are at a complete loss and have absolutely no idea what happened to him.

Yes I agree.

At the same time, the police did swoop on two properties at the same time, over days not hours, and it was very visible.

People are desperate for answers.

All it took is for one local resident to name who lived there, and for one journalist to print it, and then it is everywhere, and suddenly police are forced to talk about him.

Everything until now seems to have kept a lid on. Even the inspection of the caravan park.

It's good the police are going to follow up with the media. But at the same time it's to be expected to some extent?

If I were BS, I would be happy to be given an opportunity to publicly declare my hand and clear my name..... if there was a gag put on him, then it would be horrible to live in that small town with everyone knowing but nobody able to get accurate information. He might as well be guilty, if the police clamped down on the reporting at this stage.

Instead, at that “crucial time” when William went missing, the Speddings were sitting at the Buzz Cafe in Laurieton, 10km from Kendall, according to Mr Youngberry.

“They have got proof that they were at the cafe because he paid for the coffees by card,” he said.

Mr Spedding and his wife then attended a presentation across the road at Laurieton Primary School, where one of the grandchildren was receiving an award.

Investigators were not aware of this detail before they questioned Mr Spedding this week, Mr Youngberry said.

[FONT=Times[B]]“But I’ve downloaded the receipt and he (Mr Spedding) has now got it in his hot little hand,” he said.[/B][/FONT]
“You order your coffee and you pay for it straight away, so it covers a reasonable period and it is a very crucial time.”

The couple were “devastated” when they arrived at Mr Youngberry’s house to stay overnight on Tuesday after police interviews, he said.

Police removed the police tape at their Bonny Hills house early yesterday and said their search of the property had concluded and that items they had removed would be sent away for analysis.

Mr Youngberry said his relative had all but raised his three step-grandchildren and that he was a good man.

https://www.google.com.au/#q=http:/...s-kidnap-suspect/story-e6frg6nf-1227193861228

^^ used the google link

But I have downloaded the receipt and he (Mr Spedding) has now got it in his hot little hand he said.

Can you actually download a coffee shop receipt?

Maybe bank statement?

Hadn't he been interviewed previously?

If he had it seems unusual that police would not of been aware of this detail, given the significant timing. imo

but surely if the police didnt want spedding named they could have put a gag order on him making it impossible for msm to report on him even if the locals were talking?
they have searched other properties too over the months, weird they let this one become so visible and didnt stop the media circus
msm have been respectful so far regarding privacy in this case

I find it interesting they have questioned him twice before… I wonder who else they've questioned. The lid has been very tight I agree.

But I have downloaded the receipt and he (Mr Spedding) has now got it in his hot little hand he said.

Can you actually download a coffee shop receipt?

Maybe bank statement?

Hadn't he been interviewed previously?

If he had it seems unusual that police would not of been aware of this detail, given the significant timing. imo

may have paid via smartphone and receipt was in cloud and didn't know how to access it OR just the stress of past few days had an aha moment?? dunno just guessing MOO

I find it interesting they have questioned him twice before… I wonder who else they've questioned. The lid has been very tight I agree.

I got the impression that many people would have been ''interviewed'' during the house to house search at Kendall ...... or perhaps it was voluntary KWIM

but surely if the police didnt want spedding named they could have put a gag order on him making it impossible for msm to report on him even if the locals were talking?
they have searched other properties too over the months, weird they let this one become so visible and didnt stop the media circus
msm have been respectful so far regarding privacy in this case

When I first found out who BS was it wasn't through the msm it was actually just through looking online seeing people talk about the location police were looking at, the shop etc. People were able to surmise who he was which lead to an open FB page. I wonder if that is the issue here. Did police actually release his name or did media just latch onto the online talk or did they find the owner of the pawn shop and just run with it?

I'm still not sure if anyone lived on top of the business that he was renting or who the couple in the caravan was. Wasn't there a mention of some other couples early on as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998