Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does the ‘prior to 24 January 2014’ come in, SA? Excuse me for being thick but I’ve either had too much caffeine or not enough and maths is not my strong suit. Stats however . . . :)

Should have said 28 years prior to 24 Jan 2014, sorry. Will edit my post.

"Bill and Margaret married 28 years ago after both having children with previous partners."
The Australian - 24 January 2014

Well, as unsavoury as the conversation is, if that was the issue on the police mind in regards to him, her statement could have a huge bearing on how things proceeded. With the scant information we have reported on this issue, I can imagine that at the time she was not pursuing charges with the police over this issue and that it came from another source, someone with a memory of the situation. We don't know that there was some document written up for her, waiting to be signed. All she did was give a statement to police, detailing that he had directly lobbied i.e. asked her for a stat dec IMO.

The court heard that Mr Spedding spent the night at the home of one of the complainants about six months ago and played with her young daughter.

“It just didn’t feel right...it felt really awkward,” the complainant said in police interviews.

Bill Spedding granted bail over child rape charges
JUNE 19, 2015

The timing seems rather important.
The court heard it was about six months ago BS visited? That was said at his bail application in June.

We really do not know when BS became aware he was being investigated in regard to Williams disappearance. Do we?
Was the visit before or after his home was raided?

"Bill and Margaret married 28 years ago after both having children with previous partners."

Ah, thank you. The date of the article I couldn’t link to. But it still doesn’t make sense. William was taken on September 12, 2014 so that article must be post that date. Could it be 24 January 2015?

Ah, thank you. The date of the article I couldn’t link to. But it still doesn’t make sense. William was taken on September 12, 2014 so that article must be post that date. Could it be 24 January 2015?

You are right. It must be a later-dated article, thanks for pointing that out. Will look again for the original article. Haven't been able to find it, so far.

It also makes sense with the marriage/abuse timeline we were figuring out many threads ago. I thought we calculated back then that the marriage must have occurred right around the time of the abuses.

(Still not finding the article ... maybe it is part of the subject(s) of the defamation suits? But the FB post that has replicated it was on Jan 2015, so I think they must have typed a date error when they gave credit to the source of the article.)

You are right. It must be a later-dated article, thanks for pointing that out. Will look again for the original article. Haven't been able to find it, so far.

It also makes sense with the marriage/abuse timeline we were figuring out many threads ago. I thought we calculated back then that the marriage must have occurred right around the time of the abuses.

Yes, I think the marriage was ‘Post-abuse’ too. btw would you like a mocha? :)

ETA: I found the article by searching ‘Bill Margaret Spedding 28 years’. It was originally published in The Australian.

Yes, I think the marriage was ‘Post-abuse’ too. btw would you like a mocha? :)

If the marriage was 28 years prior to Jan 2015, that means it was at least 31½ years ago.

Abuses a little less than that. 31 years 3 months ago. Perhaps during a visitation?

Still think he was just married when the abuses occurred, if I have my maths right.
(Have been checking on a calculator
coffee1-smiley.gif
)

If the marriage was 28 years prior to Jan 2015, that means it was at least 31½ years ago.

Abuses a little less than that. 31 years 3 months ago. Perhaps during a visitation?

Still think he was just married when the abuses occurred, if I have my maths right.
(Have been checking on a calculator
coffee1-smiley.gif
)

I’ll defer (demur?) to your superior maths knowledge. It makes my brain hurt.

I vaguely remember that MS and BS married ‘later that year’ after the CSA of the two victims occurred but I haven’t been able to find the post/MSM article . . . yet. Could have been during an access visit. I wonder if Marg was living in the caravan with BS on the property in Campbelltown(?) before they married? And, if so, for how long?

I’ll defer (demur?) to your superior maths knowledge. It makes my brain hurt.

I vaguely remember that MS and BS married ‘later that year’ after the CSA of the two victims occurred but I haven’t been able to find the post/MSM article . . . yet. Could have been during an access visit. I wonder if Marg was living in the caravan with BS on the property in Campbelltown(?) before they married? And, if so, for how long?

Well, we are taking ole Col's word for the length of the marriage, prior to Jan 2015, and who knows if he was exactly correct. He may have been so busy downloading that cafe receipt that he got his times a little bit out. Maybe it was 27 years and approaching 28 years.

Either way, Marg would have been a close person in Spedding's life at the time, one would think, if the marriage happened somewhere in the vicinity of the abuses.

Should have said 28 years prior to 24 Jan 2014, sorry. Will edit my post.

22nd January 2015

“Over 28 years you get to know someone and the way he loves those kids that aren’t his kids. He’s gotta be commended for that,” he said.

Nocookies
Man ‘at cafe’ when William disappeared

So either Col did not know BS before they married or they had just met about 28 years ago.
He has a good memory for an old bloke.

Well, we are taking ole Col's word for the length of the marriage, prior to Jan 2015, and who knows if he was exactly correct. He may have been so busy downloading that cafe receipt that he got his times a little bit out. Maybe it was 27 years and approaching 28 years.

Either way, Marg would have been a close person in Spedding's life at the time, one would think, if the marriage happened somewhere in the vicinity of the abuses.

BBM.

It seems so. Just what that means, I don’t know. Hmm . . .

Last edited:
BS has a copy of the original police interview and was happy to provide it, his offer was turned down.
Oh really? The very first interview? Wow! Is that usual police practice?

Could you please supply a link for that? Or if not, how do you know? I'm very interested in this.

Also, if he does have a copy and didn't tender it, then maybe it incriminates him?

It seems so. Just what that means, I don’t know. Hmm . . .

It may mean that Spedding claims an ex in his life was being vindictive by accusing him of child sex abuse. And people in his life may believe that, if an ex was also very upset about a lack of child support or proper care for any previous children he may have.

I would like to know exactly who that family think abused those little girls, when Spedding was staying in the caravan with them, Hillsley was in prison, and one of the girls exhibited black vaginal and leg bruising saying Bill did it, the other girl exhibiting injuries from penetration.

How many Bills were in these girls lives?
How many men had access to the girls during this Apr/May 1987 period?
How many times were the girls left alone with men at that time?

The police evidently took the accusations seriously, they would not have done that if the medical reports did not show recent abuse and injuries.

The Prosecutor evidently thought there was a valid historical case to persue, the Prosecutor would not have tried that without significant valid evidence.

84% of child sex cases in NSW have been unsuccessful. Our adverserial trials in this respect need rethinking. If good circumstantial evidence and evidence trail is sufficient to gain a murder conviction, it should be sufficient to gain a child sex abuse conviction.

imo

The court heard that Mr Spedding spent the night at the home of one of the complainants about six months ago and played with her young daughter.

“It just didn’t feel right...it felt really awkward,” the complainant said in police interviews.

Bill Spedding granted bail over child rape charges
JUNE 19, 2015

The timing seems rather important.
The court heard it was about six months ago BS visited? That was said at his bail application in June.

We really do not know when BS became aware he was being investigated in regard to Williams disappearance. Do we?
Was the visit before or after his home was raided?

Soso didnt BS come on the radar not too long after William's disappearance?

Didn't the woman whose kids he and Margaret were looking after contact the govt foster agency when she had 1st heard in the media about BS having been to 48 Benaroon?

There was something about the governments fostering agency having a parallel investigation as police re BS with neither knowing at the time?

I recall the woman had a photograhic mosaic of her children covering her walls.

It may mean that Spedding claims an ex in his life was being vindictive by accusing him of child sex abuse. And people in his life may believe that, if an ex was also very upset about a lack of child support or proper care for any previous children he may have.

I would like to know exactly who that family think abused those little girls, when Spedding was staying in the caravan with them, Hillsley was in prison, and one of the girls exhibited black vaginal and leg bruising saying Bill did it, the other girl exhibiting injuries from penetration.

The police evidently took the accusations seriously, they would not have done that if the medical reports did not show recent abuse and injuries.

The Prosecutor evidently thought there was a valid historical case to persue, the Prosecutor would not have tried that without significant valid evidence.

84% of child sex cases in NSW have been unsuccessful. Our adverserial trials in this respect need rethinking. If good circumstantial evidence and evidence trail is sufficient to gain a murder conviction, it should be sufficient to gain a child sex abuse conviction.

imo

A lot to ponder.

Really they did not want it?
Was it stamped and authorised?

Surely they'd want it if it was a copy of one of the ones that had been lost over time? Yes, maybe it wasn't stamped and authentic, perhaps. That would explain it. The phrase, 'not worth the paper it's written on,' comes to mind. IMO.

imo

With the timing in 1987 the ex in BS life would be the sister of JJH. BS ex has same 1st and middle name as CJY spouse. There are 2 woman with same name on ancestry. One may be CJY sister. The current spouse has been with him since his Vietnam days and just prior.

CJY did come out and state in 2015 he had known BS for nearly 3 decades. That makes it around 1985 or 1986.

Last edited:
Surely they'd want it if it was a copy of one of the ones that had been lost over time? Yes, maybe it wasn't stamped and authentic, perhaps. That would explain it. The phrase, 'not worth the paper it's written on,' comes to mind. IMO.

O’Brien said he did not have a transcript of the original police interview with his client, which must exist. “We don’t even have the mother’s original complaint to investigators back in 1987,” he said.

Bill Spedding, 'person of interest' in William Tyrrell case, seeks bail over historical sex abuse charges

Surely he gave his copy to his own lawyer. So there was at least some record.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member