Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravehearts founder Hetty Johnston said it was “about time” the issue of placing foster children in government-run “childrens homes” was revisited.

“I believe the government should look at this, I’ve been saying this for a long time,” she said.

“Those institutions (for children in the past) were horrible and they never worked, but it wasn’t the institutions’ fault, it was the people who ran them.
Category: | The Courier Mail
Bravehearts founder calls for the reintroduction of institutional care in the wake of Tiahleigh Palmer death

I am of the opinion we need to turn the clock back - some. Learn from the past and do things differently. Prisons, mental health, foster care and yes aged care.
We have persons with severe mental illnesses living in the community, because we do not have the facilities to house them elsewhere. Long term beds are few.
Are those living with a mental illness in the community being monitored adequately to ensure they are not a risk to themselves or others? How many of the 4000 on the register have a known mental illness?
That is not an excuse of course - I just wonder?
imo

I say this as the mother of a child with intellectual disability/autism, who would once have been placed against my will in institutionalised care: I agree. I think the pendulum swung too far, where now even people that should be institutionalised or whose carers and health professionals think it's the best thing for them can't get it no matter how much it's wanted and needed.

Forced institutionalisation where family is ready, able and willing to care for the person is wrong, and institutionalisation where there is no evidence it's the right thing for the person AND society is wrong too. But the fact is deinstitutionalisation wasn't really done because it was the right thing to do, it was done to save money. The land has been parceled and sold off to developers and they save bucketloads in not having to pay staff and forcing unpaid carers (usually women, whose careers and bank accounts suffer) to pick up the tab. And as you'll notice if you pay attention to all the cases on here, kids with additional needs (not just autism, but other disabilities, mood disorders, health conditions, family situations etc) are not necessarily better off at home at all.

So ... I agree. It should become an option again, just done with the knowledge and human rights laws that we have now.

While we are waiting and waiting for this inquest to be scheduled and held, I am heartened to see two cold cases here in SA be solved over the past week. Perpetrators arrested and charged.
And remains of another missing person being located in NSW, with an identification to come soon, and then likely an investigation and arrest.

Our police do NOT give up on anyone. They keep at it. So, if William's abductor is feeling any measure of comfort - it will be misplaced comfort. They can keep looking over their shoulder, and sweating about the upcoming inquest ... and any arrest that may even come before that.

It would be an ideal time for that person who knows something to quietly speak with the police, before being revealed as a harbourer of vital info and publicly shamed at an inquest ... with even worse consequences for them to follow afterwards.

While we are waiting and waiting for this inquest to be scheduled and held, I am heartened to see two cold cases here in SA be solved over the past week. Perpetrators arrested and charged.
And remains of another missing person being located in NSW, with an identification to come soon, and then likely an investigation and arrest.

Our police do NOT give up on anyone. They keep at it. So, if William's abductor is feeling any measure of comfort - it will be misplaced comfort. They can keep looking over their shoulder, and sweating about the upcoming inquest ... and any arrest that may even come before that.

It would be an ideal time for that person who knows something to quietly speak with the police, before being revealed as a harbourer of vital info and publicly shamed at an inquest ... with even worse consequences for them to follow afterwards.
Do you have someone in mind SA?

Do you have someone in mind SA?

Yes, I do.

Let's put it this way ... in the cold cases that have been solved in SA over the past two weeks, the perpetrator has been no big surprise. The police knew who they were from quite early on, it has just taken time to achieve the arrest and charges.

One thing that has assisted SA police in this endeavour is some changes in legislation. As well as the 'no body, no parole' law, we now have a 'no cooperation, no parole' law.
This has enabled police to gather information from others that has led to recovery of victims and charges to be laid. The people who have recently assisted the police in these cases have been more forthcoming with their info, when faced with the possibility of jail with no parole for themselves.

We are slowly finding ways to make these people who 'know something' speak in these serious cases.

Under Section 67 of the Act, the “no body, no parole’’ provision has been expanded to now include ‘‘no co-operation, no parole’’.
No Cookies | The Advertiser

Last edited:
Yes, I do.

Let's put it this way ... in the cold cases that have been solved in SA over the past two weeks, the perpetrator has been no big surprise. The police knew who they were from quite early on, it has just taken time to achieve the arrest and charges.

One thing that has assisted SA police in this endeavour is some changes in legislation. As well as the 'no body, no parole' law, we now have a 'no cooperation, no parole' law.
This has enabled police to gather information from others that has led to recovery of victims and charges to be laid. The people who have recently assisted the police in these cases have been more forthcoming with their info, when faced with the possibility of jail and no parole for themselves.

Under Section 67 of the Act, the “no body, no parole’’ provision has been expanded to now include ‘‘no co-operation, no parole’’.
No Cookies | The Advertiser
Is this just South Oz? These new laws? I couldn't open the article

Is this just South Oz? These new laws? I couldn't open the article

Yes, at the moment it is just in SA. Queensland is looking at adopting this law also.

In total, five cold cases have been solved since the adoption of the new law provision and, concurrently, a special operation has been implemented to solve these serious cases.

The law is just for serious crimes and covers persons who have committed "murder, manslaughter, accessory after the fact to murder or conspiring to murder; or who has counselled or procured the commission of, or conspired to commit, any of these offences". So, also covers people who have conspired to remain silent, even when they have knowledge after the fact.

CORRECTIVE SERVICES (NO BODY, NO PAROLE) AMENDMENT BILL 2017 Explanatory Notes

Last edited:
Yes, at the moment it is just in SA. Queensland is looking at adopting this law also.

In total, five cold cases have been solved since the adoption of the new law provision and, concurrently, a special operation has been implemented to solve these serious cases.

The law is just for serious crimes and covers persons who have committed "murder, manslaughter, accessory after the fact to murder or conspiring to murder; or who has counselled or procured the commission of, or conspired to commit, any of these offences". So, also covers people who have conspired to remain silent, even when they have knowledge after the fact.

CORRECTIVE SERVICES (NO BODY, NO PAROLE) AMENDMENT BILL 2017 Explanatory Notes
Oh we need this so much in NSW! Victoria too... I imagine

Where's William? DN had a light green car, was he the one that turned around that day while the kids were outside on their bikes around 9.30? Did he come back later? Was a neighbour interested? Just other suggestions to consider while it's quiet...

Where's William? DN had a light green car, was he the one that turned around that day while the kids were outside on their bikes around 9.30? Did he come back later? Was a neighbour interested? Just other suggestions to consider while it's quiet...
IF the abductor was DN, maybe little WT thought of him to be his "lost" grandpa? WT had just painted a picture for him, which should have been taken to grandpa's grave, what would have been an abstract term to a 3y-old.

IF the abductor was DN, maybe little WT thought of him to be his "lost" grandpa? WT had just painted a picture for him, which should have been taken to grandpa's grave, what would have been an abstract term to a 3y-old.

As far as I know, of the 4 named POIs in this case, only one allegedly has victim(s?) as young as William.

The other 3 seem to prefer the 11-12 year old age range.

I won't put the links up again - unless anyone wants them - as I think we all know by now the ages of the alleged and proven victims of these POIs.

I have been wondering if we will even hear who the 5 suspects in this case are ... although it seems from MSM that one of them is definitely Spedding.
At inquest time, in our age old practise of "protecting the victims", I feel that the 5 suspects may just be identified as P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, or similar.

Which would be a shame for our communities, who have every right (imo) to keep their children safe from predators.

But I feel that is the way it will be.

O/T
High alert as abducted child is seen in CQ
Mr Leisha believes he is protecting his daughter from paedophile rings protected by the government and Freemasons.
-.-.-
today Couriermail:
FOUND! GIRL MISSING SINCE 2014 LOCATED (paywalled)
WHEN little Layla Leisha went missing in 2014, it began a lengthy police investigation that became Queensland’s longest running parental abduction case. But in a major breakthrough, ......

This is the worst part of William’s case for me—the waiting. Waiting for the upcoming inquest into William’s suspicious disappearance (or an arrest). I can only content myself with the fact that members of SFR are working away on the brief of evidence for the Coroner. I’ll always be grateful to all of the police officers who have worked on William’s case for the dedication they have shown to him and his families.

Last edited:
This is the worst part of William’s case for me—the waiting. Waiting for the upcoming inquest into William’s suspicious disappearance (or an arrest). I can only go nd comfort in the fact that members of SFR are working away on the brief of evidence for the Coroner. I’ll always be grateful to all of the police officers who have worked on William’s case for the dedication they have shown to him and his families.

So on the spot Bo. The waiting. The team must be working feverishly at the moment to prepare for the inquest. Good to see you around :)

Mr Allwood said the Northern Region, which stretches from the Central Coast to Tweed Heads, has approximately 1100 registered sex offenders, while there are 4000 statewide.

“We basically have better than one-third of registrable persons in the North Region so it’s something that we definitely have to manage and look after,” he said...................

“You have to remember that there’s a lot of people on bail, in jail that will soon get parole and will soon get on the register – we’re not going to see a drop off, it’s a growth area.”

Call for greater police resources to track sex offenders

Mr Allwood said the Northern Region, which stretches from the Central Coast to Tweed Heads, has approximately 1100 registered sex offenders, while there are 4000 statewide.

“We basically have better than one-third of registrable persons in the North Region so it’s something that we definitely have to manage and look after,” he said...................

“You have to remember that there’s a lot of people on bail, in jail that will soon get parole and will soon get on the register – we’re not going to see a drop off, it’s a growth area.”

Call for greater police resources to track sex offenders

I live in this area, with a 14 yo old girl - scares the willies outta me! Not to say other shouldn't be worried either, it's statewide, or rather, nationwide, or rather worldwide :( I compiled a list of missing persons on the north coast a couple of years ago - there are many. Enough to think there's a possible serial killer operating around here (or was). I don't think there's been anything recent. I wish there was a way to know where they reside. I know they have rights, but surely the rights of the innocent should take priority? Afterall, these criminals committed the crimes - so what gives? How did WA pass this law to name & shame them, & show where they live? We should follow suit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288