Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let you know, I rang the coroners court this morn & was told the inquest is open to the public.

Whether it will remain that way I don't know...

Wonder how many people with show up? eek!
Thanks iailwa.

I’m not sure that a lot of the general public will turn up. People’s memories and intense feelings about a case often fade after a number years. Many people I know don’t even remember William’s name.

When I was enquiring - I was told that if everyone fits in the court room, great, but if not - a secondary room might be available. The lady seemed quite anxious at the idea of more room needed - like, with the new facility, it has not yet happened yet! A little flustered she seemed! I just imagine with families/ representation/ required attendees (& their families/reps), police, plus court appointed workers... there must be almost 100 without the public? I’m guessing this tho... maybe 7o? Gonna take a big court room! Perhaps dear William’s will be the biggest yet for the new lidcombe facility? I wouldn’t be surprised!

When I was enquiring - I was told that if everyone fits in the court room, great, but if not - a secondary room might be available. The lady seemed quite anxious at the idea of more room needed - like, with the new facility, it has not yet happened yet! A little flustered she seemed! I just imagine with families/ representation/ required attendees (& their families/reps), police, plus court appointed workers... there must be almost 100 without the public? I’m guessing this tho... maybe 7o? Gonna take a big court room! Perhaps dear William’s will be the biggest yet for the new lidcombe facility? I wouldn’t be surprised!
She might seem anxious because the Coroner’s Court may still be in a transition phase, due to their move. I guess it could have been quite an upheaval for the staff in many ways.

I’m not sure that everyone called to appear at the inquest, for whatever reason, attends for the duration of proceedings, eg; AFAIK witnesses normally don’t enter the courtroom until they are called to give evidence.

It seems as if William’s will be a long inquest, with one week set aside for the first tranche, and an indefinite period of time in August for the second, so that would probably make it difficult for anyone, other than the OIC of the investigation, William’s family, legal representatives and MSM to be there every day. In fact, I reckon the latter will probably be the consistently largest contingent as they seemed to be at the Directions Hearing.

Is it common for an inquest to be split up into segments like this, ie part in Feb, part in March, balance in August?
I’ve noticed this before. There’s only two ‘segments’ slated so far. The dates set down for William’s inquest at the Directions Hearing were 25-29 March, and then 5 August for as long as it takes (to reach a finding, I presume).

Is it common for an inquest to be split up into segments like this, ie part in Feb, part in March, balance in August?

Yes it is.

During evidence, if anything comes out that the coroner thinks needs investigating or further investigating, the coroner will give directions to the OIC & the inquest will be suspended to a further date etc

Lead detective in William Tyrrell case is removed over misconduct allegations | Daily Mail Online

The lead detective in the hunt for missing boy William Tyrrell has been removed from the case while he faces a misconduct investigation.

Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin was kicked off Strike Force Rosann over allegations he used his phone as a recording device without a warrant.

Probably a good thing. I have always felt that Jubelin thought he knew what happened and was trying to fit the evidence to suit his theory.

Lead detective in William Tyrrell case is removed over misconduct allegations | Daily Mail Online

The lead detective in the hunt for missing boy William Tyrrell has been removed from the case while he faces a misconduct investigation.

Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin was kicked off Strike Force Rosann over allegations he used his phone as a recording device without a warrant.
No doubt a few people will use this as an opportunity to kick him while he’s down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member