Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #43

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by Coldpizza, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bearbear

bearbear Well-Known Member

the forest area seems pretty creepy...
    Senior Constable Grant Hollis confirmed to Mr Craddock that the first find — the small cross made of fence palings with handwriting on it — was above a dog’s grave.

“It had a date on it, I believe, of 2014,” he told the inquest.

“The significance there for me was that it was in the search area, it was probably 30 to 40 metres off a walking track and the date itself was the year that William Tyrrell had been missing.

He testified that find number five was considered a “shrine” of sorts by some within the search group.

“It looked like a doll’s cubby house, some people described it as a shrine,” he said.

“It was just made with homemade items like toilet rolls.”

Sen-Constable Hollis said there was no problem in thinking a child had accessed the area and built a little cubby.
    William search uncovered ‘2014 grave’

2. bearbear

youd hope so!!

3. sosocurious

sosocurious Well-Known Member

Mr Craddock said he would not be calling any witnesses tomorrow as they are still waiting to get hold of some documents which are with a person who arrives back in Australia on Monday.

William search uncovered ‘2014 grave’

4. JLZ

JLZ Well-Known Member

I don't think so. The dog was found beneath another cross. This one wasn't stuck in the ground, it was just lying around like rubbish.

5. JLZ

JLZ Well-Known Member

I thought that last paragraph was interesting. It seems at least some of the searched bush wasn't as dense as I had thought.

6. mussopossum

mussopossum Well-Known Member

Does anyone know why they are holding the inquest in Taree court?

I have read MSM article however doesn't say why.

7. JLZ

JLZ Well-Known Member

Why can't they tell us, which local man and which someone?! Was it left vague by the witness or is the reporter leaving it out? I hope we have a spy at the inquest.

8. Ms Cadfael

Ms Cadfael Well-Known Member

I think because it is closer for witnesses in Kendall to travel to.

Some may not be able to get to Syd, find accomodation or be away from home too long, so this would be more convenient.

I wondered why they didn't choose Port mac to do it..but Taree has a huge new court house, and with it being non functioning while new cop shop being built, it does seem like a good solution.
    I know all criminal matters from taree are being heard at Forster for the moment.
    MOO.

9. mussopossum

mussopossum Well-Known Member

Never mind just found another article and answered my own question.

NoCookies | The Australian

The inquest, which sat for a week in March, had been scheduled to resume next Monday but has been delayed until August 7, with extra sitting days in the NSW mid-north coast town of Taree added to the schedule, apparently to allow for the questioning of child sex offenders who live in the area.

10. Ms Cadfael

Ms Cadfael Well-Known Member

BBM

And there's plenty of them unfortunately... :(

Girl abducted from yard and molested

11. bearbear

sounds like the local children play in there and people bury their pets and lurk around the cemetary,
    i did a google walk through one of those tracks ages ago and it was very accessible in areas, but quite eerie!
    and probably really easy to hide a body in there!

12. JLZ

JLZ Well-Known Member

I was thinking about, first, whether it was possible for William to spontaneously wander into the bush and get lost, and second, whether PS could have got lost off-trail or alternatively found a comfy spot to wait out some of the search.

13. purpleandgreen

purpleandgreen Well-Known Member

That is really sooooooo annoying. It's not as if there must be thousands more question that can be asked and lots of people who can be asked about different things. Seems a wasted opportunity, not to mention taxpayers' money, to me.

If Jubes was there - why didn't they give him a go? Let him tell us what he knows.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  14. purpleandgreen

purpleandgreen Well-Known Member

Surely they can interrogate others in the meantime? So frustrating! Imagine what it must be like for the poor families.

15. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

It seems that they are going through things systematically.

The Australian reports that today was about showing how thorough the 2018 search was .....

Searchers were provided with a pamphlet, showing a picture of William, and a photograph of the red Spider-Man suit he was wearing when he went missing.
    They also had a photograph of his sandals.

They were told to look for human remains, as well as any evidence of the boy. In the process, they turned up all manner of debris, dumped in the bush: overturned vehicles, car parts, plastic bags, dumped tarps, and paint cans, and all of it was examined.

Senior constable Rattenbury described a meeting of the search team in May 2018, where the vast area around the house that William disappeared from was divided into areas one and two, which were in turn broken down into sections.

He described having 30 people, shoulder-to-shoulder, in the search line. Every second person had a GPS so they could be sure they’d covered every inch of territory.
    They were equipped with a trailer full of gardening tools, and “big heavy duty rakes” that enabled everyone to take a step forward, rake, take a look, take a step forward, rake, take a look.

The inquest is examining the thoroughness of the search for William, in part to allay community concern that he may simply have gotten lost in the bush, and hasn’t yet been found.

NoCookies | The Australian
    William Tyrrell inquest: pet cemetery dug up in search - August 8, 2019

16. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

I was wondering if it is Mr Savage who first found the shovel.

"If he had wandered, he would have been found," Savage says.
    "When I go for a walk you still find yourself keeping an eye out, hoping for a scream or a yell and not a horrible smell.
    https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...ts-dark-shadow-over-town-20141101-11fbdi.html

17. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

18. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

- allegedly made the recordings on several occasions, including about 10.30pm at night on December 28 last year.
    - allegedly recorded in May 2018 lasted an hour and 17 minutes
    - alleged recording the next morning lasted just eight minutes.
    - alleged recording at Parramatta, on November 3, 2017, is of a phone call from police headquarters.

- all of the alleged recordings involved Mr Savage.

William Tyrrell exclusive: Paul Savage at centre of allegations against Gary Jubelin | Daily Mail Online

I bet the call at 10.30 pm started with ‘I can’t sleep, can you?’ :D

19. Thebottomline

Thebottomline Well-Known Member

All the questions asked about him too in the first part of the inquest in March. There’s that KISS theory aswell.

20. Thebottomline

Thebottomline Well-Known Member

Besides PS I wonder if any other neighbours are called up .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.