Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was interviewed a week later and she can't remember where they sat.... I could understand that if it was your normal run of the mill assembly but there was the hallelujah rendition and a child in your care received an award.
yes so was it inside or outside,if inside do you sing to yourself sitting on a bench? also a few days notice about that detail have gone by

She was interviewed a week later and she can't remember where they sat.... I could understand that if it was your normal run of the mill assembly but there was the hallelujah rendition and a child in your care received an award.

My oldest is almost 13 and I remember whether every assembly, concert, and play was held inside or outside all the way back to when she first started school at 5.

Quoted from an article now behind paywall -

“But I’ve downloaded the receipt and he (Mr Spedding) has now got it in his hot little hand,” he said.
I’m assuming they mean that they downloaded the receipt from BS bank statement

Bank statement still doesn’t put BS there. She could been having coffee and cake with Tony J or PS wife for all we know! Now there is a thought!

Unless is CCTV or an unrelated (or several) witness or photos of him sitting there eating his cake and drinking his coffee I think it’s fair to say that nobody can confirm him being there that morning.

Bank statement still doesn’t put BS there. She could been having coffee and cake with Tony J or PS wife for all we know! Now there is a thought!

Unless is CCTV or an unrelated (or several) witness or photos of him sitting there eating his cake and drinking his coffee I think it’s fair to say that nobody can confirm him being there that morning.
We have to hear from the coffee shop owners still. Will be interesting to see what they have to say.

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 28s28 seconds ago
Jubelin asks Margaret in the video “have you discussed the significance of this with your husband Bill?” She responded that “we couldn’t believe what had happened to us”, referring to the media coverage. The court has adjourned for a short break. @10NewsFirst @10Daily
Clearly the detectives are suspicious of MS as BS’s alibi. Given she was interviewed not long after the assembly, she should be able to recall exactly where they were sitting. IMO

When I think back to when my children got particular awards at Primary school I can picture in my mind them going up to receive their award. I can tell where I was sitting by the angle I am seeing them in my memory. If that makes sense. They are 20 17 and 15. So a while ago.

How old was Margaret during this initial interview?

I am 66, and I have a pretty good memory for that kind of stuff. We went to Granddaughters recital last month, and I remember exactly where we sat, etc.

But my husband, he would be useless when it comes to those kinds of facts.

Okay, I'm just going to post the tweets from previous people who have testified in regards to the "Hallelujah" singing going on at the assembly.

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris Aug 19
The court has resumed with Laurieton man Gordon Wiegold on the stand. The court heard he had a child who attended the local school at the time. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

He is asked if he attended a school assembly at the Laurieton Public school for his child where they sang Hallelujah. He told the court he doesn’t remember which day but he recalls being there. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

He is asked if he knew the Spedding family back in 2014. He tells the court he did know them through the local AFL club and the local school. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

He is asked if he recalls a boy in Spedding’s care at the time getting and award at a school assembly back in 2014. He said he does recall and remembers seeing the child leave and “high fiving” him on the way out. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

He is asked if he saw Mr Spedding at the assembly where the child got the award. He responds “most certainly”. “When the children filed out... I looked back and saw Bill nod in approval”. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Spedding’s lawyer is now questioning him. He asked if he told police he was at a school assembly on the 12th of Sept, 2014. He said he doesn’t remember if the assembly where he saw Spedding was on that day. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

…………………………………………………….

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris Aug 20
The inquest has resumed with Angela Eschler appearing via video link from QLD. She lived and worked in Laurieton when William disappeared and her kids went to Laurieton Public School. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

The court heard she helped search for William on the day he disappeared. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Ms Eschler told the court she attended a school assembly in Laurieton earlier that day. She was running a hairdressing business nearby at the time. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

The court is being shown a document with names of children receiving awards at the Laurieton School assembly on the 12th of September 2014. A child in the care of Bill Spedding and his wife at the time is on the list. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Ms Eschler told the court she knew the Spedding family because the children used to have their hair cut at her salon. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

The court is now being shown a “sketch plan” of the Laurieton Public School assembly hall. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Ms Eschler is asked if she remembers “anything about the assembly” the day William disappeared. “The only other thing that’s sticks out is the singing Hallelujah” she told the court. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

She told the court she can’t remember any of the other parents who attended that assembly. “I can’t say for sure who was or who wasn’t there that particular day,” she said. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

She told the court she has no recollection of seeing Bill or Margaret Spedding there that day. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

..................…...................................................................

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 59m59 minutes ago
Mrs Spedding tells the court she remembers the kids singing Hallelujah at the assembly that day. Others have testified about that song at the assembly throughout the inquest. @10Daily @10NewsFirst

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 6m6 minutes ago

Mrs Spedding told the court her husband left to go and continue working after the assembly finished, while she went shopping. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 2m2 minutes ago
Mrs Spedding told the court she and Bill found out William Tyrrell was missing from a TV “news flash” while they were preparing to out for dinner on the Friday night. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 45s46 seconds ago
Mrs Spedding said her husband later recognised the house on the TV as the one he had visited the Tuesday before for a “service call”. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 54s55 seconds ago
Mrs Spedding told the court she recalled her husband having a service call to get to straight after the assembly, about 1pm. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker