Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #47

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by Coldpizza, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drsleuth

drsleuth Well-Known Member

Yep, like the searches that were carried out whilst the Taree sitting was on , probably from evidence heard in closed court the week before @ Lidcombe? IMO

Ciana, alj65, bearbear and 11 others like this.
  2. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Well, I will be buying this for sure!
    And co-written with Dan Box! What a great writer he is.
    Looks like we may have the pleasure of seeing a lot more of Jubes during the next 12 months or so. :) :) :)

One of Australia’s high profile homicide detectives, Gary Jubelin, is set to publish his memoirs in a book and broadcast deal signed with publisher HarperCollins and News Corp.

The book will be written by Jubelin with award-winning journalist Dan Box .....
    The book will be released in the second half of next year.

He has also signed a deal with News Corp Australia to do a six-part podcast and series of news projects over the next 12 months.

Jubelin was approached by multiple television networks, publishers and production companies to work with him. His decision came down to two parties, Nine Entertainment Co and News Corp. Although Nine’s 60 Minutes approached and tabled a significant offer to join them as an investigative reporter in 2020, Jubelin chose to sign up with News Corp.

[​IMG]

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/au...-as-a-cop-ng-2ae0f7926a84d316a8d83b9737b15171

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    Ciana, alj65, bearbear and 13 others like this.
  3. Warshawski

Warshawski Well-Known Member

Hi D, thanks for this.
    I'm wondering if it was straight after KC's testimony re Tony Jones, that the inquest was suspended to resume in March ? (IMO the tweets as posted indicate that )

Loxoli and JWSleuth like this.
  4. Warshawski

Hi Doc, I want to state my appreciation of you in giving time to attend the inquest, and then to provide valuable Intel to us all.

Just trying to get a grip on things. .. could I perhaps read your post differently as per :
    'Katrina had completed her evidence & than the court was adjourned on Wed 28/8/19.
    It was known that Swift had wanted to make an application for days ( it was not known about what ) . Swifts application re the photo timestamp was obviously made after the court adjourned. It was not reported on in the media until 2/9/19

5. Warshawski

Sorry Doc, I meant to add that I was just trying to understand the timing & scheme of things that day.

Re possible reasons for what IMO appeared to be a sudden adjournment..
    Eg.
    Was it something KC said
    Was it something someone else
    Was it something discovered elsewhere
    Was it as a result of an application
    Or was it planned all along to end at this time on this day

Thanks everyone for your input, I so hope we can help William

alj65, Loxoli and JWSleuth like this.
  6. Warshawski

Am I understanding correctly now that the application by Ms Swift Was Made in court whilst the inquest was still 'active', but then shortly after that application the adjournment was made ?

Even if that's how it happened I still personally wonder if that was the reason for the adjournment - it may have just been an opportunity for that application to be presented at the end of the day ??

JWSleuth likes this.
  7. Warshawski

The information in that link interested me SA (thank you).

Even thought the inquest was adjourned, can an application to the inquest still be made ? And reported on ?

8. Warshawski

I wouldn't even know that I have to set the time on a digital camera (do I ??)
    Does it mean then all my photos are inaccurately time stamped ?

9. Warshawski

10. SouthAussie

Since I posted that date, I have been looking at Lia Harris' tweets - which I took the info from. I think many of the tweets are a whole day out in dates. Probably tweeted on US time (Twitter is based in San Francisco).

Many of her tweets during the inquest are dated on Sundays. And we know that the inquest was not on over weekends.

I will have to try to sort out the dates of my list of inquest witnesses by referring back to MSM articles. Which I wont be doing at the moment.

This is an example - dated August 18th, but August 18th was a Sunday.
    Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris Aug 18
    Detective Sergeant Beacroft told the court there was a child across the road from where the man saw the car who had a Spider Man suit, but she later spoke to that child’s mother and found it was “not possible” it was her child he saw. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    alj65, bearbear, Ms Kite and 5 others like this.
  11. Warshawski

In a criminal court / judge & jury - doesn't everyone hear the evidence at the same time ?

I'm sure Cleaver will better advise, but I guess the judge would direct jury to take said evidence ' under advisement' ( hard for a jury member to hear something & then disregard IMO)

Loxoli and JWSleuth like this.
  12. JWSleuth

JWSleuth Well-Known Member

Good to see in order like that thanks SA!

IMO, suspending either relates to:
    1. Whatever happened on Wednesday of no court day which came out of nowhere IMO, possibly police requesting suspension ?
    2. Further statements from public -post testimony of Chapman (and the setup of a direct phone number)
    3. Substantial new evidence on either Donohoe or Abbott
    If they are only halfway through witnesses it would seem strange to not at least use the time. It would also seem bit odd not to take up November dates.

Also I feel speddings testimony was rushed almost as if irrelevant to the coroner? (based on time on stand only), yet seems everyone else got a grilling just in case?

Are they waiting for Jubes trial, to hopefully allow recordings to be brought into the inquest?
    Is there another trial in motion on a POI?:confused:
    Have they found something big that will take a couple of months to get satisfactory testing complete?

I think (and pray) we are close...

Ciana, alj65, interested64 and 5 others like this.
  13. JWSleuth

This make me very happy! Big things for this man to come.

Ciana, alj65, Warshawski and 6 others like this.
  14. SouthAussie

He has landed on his feet, for sure. That is a great thing.
    And what a bolstering time for him - as opposed to times of late - with so many networks and publishers vying for him to sign up and offer his experience.

Ciana, alj65, Warshawski and 6 others like this.
  15. JWSleuth

Glad he is getting the validation he deserves! Bittersweet nonetheless - but hopefully he finds a way to keep serving the public in a different way.

Ciana, alj65, purpleandgreen and 4 others like this.
  16. Georgy

Georgy Well-Known Member

What is the suppressed info that you think was given to CO..The way i saw it ,closed court and suppression orders were not discussed outside courtroom, only witnesses concerned stayed in the courtroom and no public or media and everyone was aware of that very important rule.

Warshawski likes this.
  17. purpleandgreen

purpleandgreen Well-Known Member

Past posts explain it quite clearly IMO. BF have the brief which they’ve shared with a ‘support’ group for want of a better word.

I’m actually wondering if that leaves them open to prosecution.

I’d still like to know if CO has breached suppression orders by publishing it.

18. drsleuth

drsleuth Well-Known Member

I never said any suppressed orders were shared............

alj65, Warshawski, Wexford and 3 others like this.
  19. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

I don't even own a digital camera LOL. Only take pics. on my phone camera. So sorry, no clue about how it all works.

Ciana, Warshawski and SLouTh like this.
  20. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

BBM, Wouldn't CO be well aware of those things as a reporter?

Ciana, Warshawski, bearbear and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.