Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he only went out as far as the carport, 40m from the road, when seeing H off?

Does this mean he only put the radio on after H left? Then radio noise wouldn't have helped mask noise from the street while he was seeing H off.

Locking up because he was going away for a week, then ten/fifteen minutes later not locking up because brother-in-law and wife were coming . . . I can't make sense of that.

1. Apparently

2. I think he said he usually turned radio on when he got back from his usual morning walk, so before H left......

3. That's what alot of his evidence was like..........

the walkthrough interview sounds pretty full on, it would be quite intimidating having two police officers in your home throwing out questions years after an event, what did he put on his toast, what plate etc, who could remember that?
i feel he saw something rather than did something and could be why gj recorded his conversations, knowing he may lose his momory, or plead forgetful later on, especially if he was afraid of what he saw?
if this is police strategy, msm outing ps like they did bs, what would be the reason?

It shows Mr Savage being interrogated by two female detectives — the sixth time he was questioned about his knowledge of the three-year-old’s whereabouts.

Detective Sergeant Beacroft and another policewoman toured Mr Savage’s green laminex kitchen in the house he occupied, across the road from where William had vanished.

The detectives took Mr Savage through the minutiae of his morning, boiling water for his tea and making it in a green mug, making two slices of toast and serving it up on a green plate, and going outside to sit in the sunshine.
The questions came thick and fast.

Did he have his tea and toast before or after or in between his two phone calls to his brother Laurie? What did he talk to Laurie about? What did have on his toast?

The answers were that Mr Savage wasn’t sure, that he “had a yack … about ‘how are you goin’, goin’ alright … I’ll be up there at such and such a time’,” and “jam”.
William Tyrrell neighbour spent hours on walk-through with police

Remember he had a 4 hour interview with Jubes about a month before, so things should have been refreshed for him than.....he also seemed a creature of habit ( used same coffee cup etc always had tea & toast ) .

I am also curious about a question he was asked about 60 minutes tv show........

C : There was a 60 minutes show on 6/9/2015 about William, did you watch it?

PS: I can't say, I probably did.

Coroner : Do you watch 60 minute? Is it a show you watch?

PS : sometimes , yes

the walkthrough interview sounds pretty full on, it would be quite intimidating having two police officers in your home throwing out questions years after an event, what did he put on his toast, what plate etc, who could remember that?
i feel he saw something rather than did something and could be why gj recorded his conversations, knowing he may lose his momory, or plead forgetful later on, especially if he was afraid of what he saw?
if this is police strategy, msm outing ps like they did bs, what would be the reason?

It shows Mr Savage being interrogated by two female detectives — the sixth time he was questioned about his knowledge of the three-year-old’s whereabouts.

Detective Sergeant Beacroft and another policewoman toured Mr Savage’s green laminex kitchen in the house he occupied, across the road from where William had vanished.

The detectives took Mr Savage through the minutiae of his morning, boiling water for his tea and making it in a green mug, making two slices of toast and serving it up on a green plate, and going outside to sit in the sunshine.

Did he have his tea and toast before or after or in between his two phone calls to his brother Laurie? What did he talk to Laurie about? What did have on his toast?

The answers were that Mr Savage wasn’t sure, that he “had a yack … about ‘how are you goin’, goin’ alright … I’ll be up there at such and such a time’,” and “jam”.

So what were the questions like this about, if Savage only saw something?

"Was this hole in the ground covered with tin, when William went missing"
"Is there a cover for the back area of your vehicle, so others can't see in"

Seems to me that the questions he was asked by the investigating officers go above and beyond being a witness to something.

Last edited:
I am also curious about a question he was asked about 60 minutes tv show........

C : There was a 60 minutes show on 6/9/2015 about William, did you watch it?

PS: I can't say, I probably did.

Coroner : Do you watch 60 minute? Is it a show you watch?

PS : sometimes , yes

So that was the 60 Minutes show featuring William's FP.

In it they speak of the two cars that FM saw, how FM immediately thought that someone had taken William, how the morning went, and then that last 'roar' ...... then nothing.

Category: | Herald Sun

Seems to me that the questions he was asked by the investigating officers go above and beyond being a witness to something.
yes thats true, or could it be strategy to make him feel like if hes a suspect, he needs to come clean to what he witnessed?

My thought is that the specific questions were to stimulate a memory of that day in particular, pushing back against his tendency to answer vaguely about what he usually or probably did. Whether the vagueness was deliberate or whether he was just having difficulty remembering an individual day. If he could just remember one thing that was different, that could be a point of access to other specific recollections.

Also IF Heather left @ 10:37 or 10:38 wouldn't she have seen / heard the FFC, MFC yelling out for William or noticed something not right on the street?

Has it been reported anywhere that anyone seen a maroon ford falcon leaving Benaroon drive at this time???

My thought is that the specific questions were to stimulate a memory of that day in particular, pushing back against his tendency to answer vaguely about what he usually or probably did. Whether the vagueness was deliberate or whether he was just having difficulty remembering an individual day. If he could just remember one thing that was different, that could be a point of access to other specific recollections.
I agree, the questioning by Detective Sergeant Beacroft wasn't at all like this article describes ( as interrogating ) she was very patient & calm & methodical.........

Also IF Heather left @ 10:37 or 10:38 wouldn't she have seen / heard the FFC, MFC yelling out for William or noticed something not right on the street?

Has it been reported anywhere that anyone seen a maroon ford falcon leaving Benaroon drive at this time???

Was the BIL asked whether HS was home when they arrived, if not what time she arrived home?

No he wasn't asked that I re-call ( just checked my notes also ) I'm not sure what time she arrived home unfortunately.........:rolleyes:

I'd love to see her statement ( assuming one was taken ;) )

Thanks dr

Kendall resident Paul Savage had seen William Tyrrell on two occasions before his disappearance in 2014 and observed he had a close relationship with his foster parents, the coronial inquest into the three-year-old's disappearance has heard.

Neighbour asked what he saw on day William Tyrrell vanished

The 2013 street Christmas party and ???
I guess the second occasion was not mentioned at the inquest.
Feb 2014 or prior, I wonder.

Thanks dr

Kendall resident Paul Savage had seen William Tyrrell on two occasions before his disappearance in 2014 and observed he had a close relationship with his foster parents, the coronial inquest into the three-year-old's disappearance has heard.

C: You had met WT a couple of occasions?

PS : Yes, that's correct.

C: 2013 " Millies" Christmas party?

PS: Yes

C: Saw WT?

PS : Yes

C: Foster carers?

C: Bond between MFC & WT?

PS : Yes, had good bond, followed him around

C: One other occasion you saw WT at FGM house? ( wasn't said when this was )

That exchange happened in the first few questions PS was asked.

Thanks dr

I just listened to the first half of Faded Memories - the part about Paul Savage. Lia says that Savage had met William 'several' times ... Savage had a friendly relationship with the FGP. Dr's notes sound more specific, so sound more accurate to me.

Faded Memories

What I was looking for is Lia speaking of Heather making a police statement. I am now listening to the first episode again, as I think Lia mentioned it early in the piece.

Last edited:
Thank you, yes, I believe I've read a few little comments like that, nothing to the effect that she openly told him off, but I had the impression that FFC was working quite hard to manage the children's energies and her mother's nerves.

RSBM

FGM wasn't feeling well.

Just listening to the first of Lia's podcasts again. FM called FGM once they hit the road to Kendall to tell her they would be there early .. in about 4½ hours. Lia states that FGM wasn't feeling very well. FM said to FGM to not worry about making up the beds or anything, they would do that when they got there.

Those ^^^ were the questions that made me curious about his grown son, who used to live on his property.

RSBM

FGM wasn't feeling well.

Just listening to the first of Lia's podcasts again. FM called FGM once they hit the road to Kendall to tell her they would be there early .. in about 4½ hours. Lia states that FGM wasn't feeling very well. FM said to FGM to not worry about making up the beds or anything, they would do that when they got there.

So fgm knew about 4.30pm ish that the family were on their way. Wonder if she spoke to anyone in that 4 1/2 hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23