Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes could easily access verandah via that sliding door...but the last people that were with him have said he ran around towards the lattice gate area

Yes. I think the Coroner is exploring the angle that William may have done exactly that. Ran through the lattice gate onto the balcony, with the FM/FGM being unaware that he did that because they just saw him run around the side of the house.

And also exploring the garden bed to see if this might have happened.

While exploring the Cobb & Co Rd/creek area (and car) to further that theory, as FM had been seen stopped there by the truck driver.

After the search and forensics are completed, she will likely rule in or rule out this theory. imo

Last edited:
An AVO would still be necessary if LE thought there was a possibility of the victim being approached at say school, shopping centre etc etc, via friend's of the victim, phone or internet contact. IMO

That’s true, but there would need to be some sort of evidence that firstly if there was this sort of contact, it amounts to “abuse” and secondly, there is a risk that the parents may actually approach her.

Just like in this case. Even if the little lattice gate was locked, or William found it too difficult to climb over the lattice, the balcony is directly accessible from the sliding door inside the house.

Is the balcony also accessible from the stairs outside?

Is there also a gate on the outside stairs I haven't noticed one,

I wonder if the gate was installed on the ground level part of balcony so WT can visit and be safe,

I don't see what the point of the gate is if you can access the balcony from the stairs

Didn't FGM say he ran around the grass, (was that the last time he was seen)

they hav always mention under the house but under the house is garage and under the balcony, if you were to go under the balcony couldn't you access the balcony then by the stairs,

then hasn't it been said by the sister he was on the balcony then whent to look for foster father,

always thought he could of walked up the stairs

I know with a hyperactive 3yr old I would be by their side the howl time if balconys and stairs are involved, and I would also hav any sliding doors to the balcony locked with key

I just can't believe that you can take your young foster child to a family members house that may hav areas that are not child friendly and that's ok with the department, and leave the young child with the family members while you go inside especially when family member has had knee operation and may not be mobile enough to see where the child had wondered off too, or be able to run after child if an emergency happened,

FGM should of told sister to follow your brother

True, but I've often wondered / been curious as to what makes people take such an intense interest in this case years later seeing as it's always been a very public high profile case?

For me personally, I have been following the case since the beginning, just not through WS. I’ve followed the MSM, watched the interviews like 60 Minutes, listened to the podcasts etc and I formed an opinion a long time ago that something just didn’t feel right with the FF. IMO, from the outset, it didn’t appear as an abduction.

I was happy to be proven wrong and for a long time it appeared that I would be (and still could be), however with the latest developments in the case (new lead investigator, coroner’s orders, new POI etc) it has spiked my interest again and I decided to follow the WS threads to see what other people think and feel.

I’ve also been going over the older threads to get an idea about what other members speculated about and what was discussed and IMO there is just a different feel now that the FM is the current POI and I find it interesting.

I like reading what people are thinking with the new direction the investigation is taking. I like reading that people are open to looking at the investigation in a new light and I myself am still open to whatever the outcome is regardless of how I feel.

On a side note, the case itself is of personal interest to me as I have an 11 year old nephew who hasn’t lived with his bio mother in over 7 years, has no relationship with his bio father and instead, lives very happily with his two aunts and grandmother. He was lucky to have never have had to go into the foster system which was a high possibility in his early life. I, like many others just want dear William to be found and returned to those who love him and for those who wronged him to be brought to justice, whoever they may be.

Last edited:
True, but I've often wondered / been curious as to what makes people take such an intense interest in this case years later seeing as it's always been a very public high profile case?

I’ve been a lurker on and off but didn’t actually sign up for an account until CS was abducted. I then got caught up in WT’s case due to recent developments. Although I had been aware of William, I hadn’t realised the complexity of the case, so fell down the rabbit hole.

It’s interesting for me also to learn about the geography and how social services and LE work too. I’m not even Australian!

Ah I see, so then that would indicate that he didn't have an allergy to cats, given he lived with them!
William may have had an allergy to fur shedding dogs. I recall hearing somewhere something about dog doodoos in the yard of 48. But nothing about a dog being present on 12/9/2014. Maybe there was dog before foster grandad death in Feb 2014 and it died.

That maybe true, just that some questions that have been asked the past few weeks on these threads, by some new members made me think otherwise is all & I could me mistaken too

Well, you also have those who are aging up. Kids or young teens at the time William disappeared who caught bits of news broadcasts or parents talking about the case, or even those who had their nightmares haunted by the case growing up. Now, 7 years later they may be surfing the net themselves --- looking info, looking for William, looking to assist.

Then, you have people like me, from Canada, who heard of the case before and saw the thread title in my feed, but never delved into this case in particular --- until recently.

@Dr Sleuth. Are you able to point me in the correct direction to locate a media article about the the interaction between Mrs Sharpley and FFC when FFC said something to her about William may have hit his head? I have read you attended the Inquest hearings and I am keen to read something about this particular interaction. TIA

William may have had an allergy to fur shedding dogs. I recall hearing somewhere something about dog doodoos in the yard of 48. But nothing about a dog being present on 12/9/2014. Maybe there was dog before foster grandad death in Feb 2014 and it died.
That's along time for poop to stay in a garden, feb - September. Not likely with a house sale, those lawns looked good. Neighbours dogs - the properties don't have boundaries

When this was filed a week ago it seemed a breakthrough was imminent.

Police close in on new person of interest in William Tyrrell disappearance as fresh searches continue - ABC News
Cadaver dog scouring property where William Tyrrell was last seen

Now we have had over a week of searches and police are expanding the search area (so that to me sounds like they haven’t found what they were hoping to find).

I really hope they haven’t alerted media based on unreliable information.

I honestly thought they knew where his body was when this started.

The hydrologist Prof Jon Olley is there assisting. He found Daniel Morcombes body. It took two months to find Daniel and it was a much smaller area.

William Tyrrell: Body-finder who helped solve Daniel Morcombe case speaks | Daily Mail Online

But these photos are recent aren't they? The witness was referring to a plump blonde woman he saw 7 years ago. 7 years ago FFC looked different: slim, short dark hair.

7 years ago I was slimmer I swear! The average age for menopause is 51. After menopause carrying some extra weight around the tummy and hips is not unusual.

Not saying either way if "plump blonde woman" is FFC or not, but if there's going to be a comparison then I think using the walk through video taken on Day 6 or images closer to 2014 will help better than more recent images IMO.
the woman in question is 100 % the BGM. Can we please move on . Don't mean to be rude , please don't take it that way.....but there is no doubt at all in that . It Is NOT FM .....

What if there is evidence that a criminal offence was committed?
In some cases, the investigation leads to the discovery of evidence that results in a person or persons being charged with indictable offences in connection with the death. The Coroner’s court has no jurisdiction to deal with criminal offences so, in these cases, the Coroner must suspend the coronial proceedings until the criminal prosecution is concluded. Read more about the jurisdiction of the Coroner.

Investigation

@Dr Sleuth. Are you able to point me in the correct direction to locate a media article about the the interaction between Mrs Sharpley and FFC when FFC said something to her about William may have hit his head? I have read you attended the Inquest hearings and I am keen to read something about this particular interaction. TIA
'It felt like a scream': William's carer

Anne Maree Sharpley said the foster mother was "rather upset" and told her words to the effect of: "He's either hit his head and can't answer me or somebody's taken him because he knows to answer me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44