Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #64

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by Coldpizza, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

He said they have never nominated any particular person of interest.

At around the 18:35 mark in the presser video, which is currently pinned at the top of this article.

Australia news LIVE: NSW COVID cases grow, Victoria COVID cases grow, Scott Morrison criticises ICAC and introduces religious freedom bill; Victoria vaccination rate hits 90 per cent, William Tyrrell search continues, NZ border to reopen in 2022

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021

2. JBowie

JBowie Well-Known Member

3. SouthAussie

4. organised_chaos

organised_chaos Verified Expert - Social Work Academic

“The update is that the search continues. It is painstaking, it is difficult, and we are very happy with the progress so far,” Detective Chief Superintendent Darren Bennett told reporters in Sydney.

“There have been numerous exhibits seized which have been processed and the results of those reported to the investigative team and subsequently to the coroner.”

He said he remains “very confident” that the Strike Force would collate a body of information and evidence for the Coroner to continue the inquest.

“We don’t know what happened to William Tyrrell as we stand here now and we’re trying to find out,” he added.

“This activity is in response to evidence we’ve obtained in the course of the investigation, it’s not speculative in any way,” Detective Chief Superintendent Bennett said at the time.

“It’s highly likely that if we found something, it would be a body. We are looking for the remains of William Tyrrell, there’s no doubt about that.”

‘Numerous items seized’ as detectives provide update on William Tyrrell search

5. Marg944

Marg944 Well-Known Member

An excerpt from Police Press Conference today ...... IMO

DCS Darren Bennett says numerous exhibits capable of ruling people in or out of the investigation have been seized in the William Tyrrell search.

6. Thebottomline

Thebottomline Well-Known Member

People or person ?

stormbird, ollijack, bearbear and 2 others like this.
  7. drsleuth

drsleuth Well-Known Member

stormbird, HayLouise, alj65 and 10 others like this.
  8. JBowie

JBowie Well-Known Member

Where have they ever rebutted media reports that the FM is the POI?

9. Angeline

Angeline Well-Known Member

Yes! I posted the other day that it looks like a good sign they've extended the search area. Fingers crossed.

10. SouthAussie

Yes. Sounds as if they are backtracking a bit this morning. imo

ollijack, Violet77, Bohemian and 11 others like this.
  11. k-mac

k-mac Well-Known Member

Just highlighting the point the 3 previous leading detectives who gave the FPS' a pass didn't solve the case either.

IMO nobody at all, most importantly the last ones to be with him gets a pass untill the case is actually solved.

moo

eta typos

12. Thebottomline

Thebottomline Well-Known Member

That’s not nominating a particular person though .

ollijack, Bohemian, Wexford and 5 others like this.
  13. Detective Willy

Detective Willy Well-Known Member

Talk about mixed messages coming out of the press conferences in the last week! They seem to be backing down a bit now after launching at a certain person last week.

It sounds like they are only gathering evidence for the Coroner and that the public is not going to find out anything further until after the inquest is completed and the Coroner hands down his findings?

Am I right to think that if they were to find WT partial remains in the next week nobody would be charged ATM? The investigation would run its due course via the Coronial Inquest and then Police would then act on findings or recommendations after the Inquest is completed?

stormbird, alj65, ollijack and 3 others like this.
  14. JBowie

JBowie Well-Known Member

However, to my knowledge, police have never rebutted widespread media reports that the FM is the POI, so my take on that is that they are happy for the public to believe that to be the case.

15. SouthAussie

He did say that if they found something important (presumably he means William), he is sure the press will be informed.

Ciana, alj65, ollijack and 12 others like this.
  16. JBowie

JBowie Well-Known Member

Need to remember that all of this new activity is being done under an order from the Coroner.

The Coroner cannot find someone guilty of a crime. If, at any time during the course of an inquest or inquiry, the Coroner forms an opinion that a known person has committed an indictable offence in connection with the death the Coroner is required to suspend the inquest or inquiry and refer the matter to the Director of Public Prosecutions. It is entirely a matter for the Director of Public Prosecutions to determine whether charges should be laid against the person, and a matter for the criminal courts to determine whether the person is guilty.

Role of the Coroner

17. JBowie

JBowie Well-Known Member

True, but the media has been running the FM headlines and, importantly, the police have not denied them.

IMO, it's one of those 'sources close to the police have said' things. In other words, a controlled leak.

18. ediethedog

ediethedog Well-Known Member

sometimes with a very hard sideways knock , there will be no actual skull fractures but shearing of the neural pathways (as seen in shaken baby syndrome) ...this causes a brain bleed and extreme swelling. usually when a brain is hit hard and brain hits the skull. It is enough to kill unfortunately , and will not show up if there is only skeltal remains.
    I feel awful even writing this about William....
    I know a lot about TBIs (too much ) as my son was hit by a van whist on a bike and suffered a massive hit to his head ...no helmet he was 13.
    He spent weeks in the royal childrens hospital here in Melbourne, with 5 trauma teams looking after him.
    Neuro informed me of all horror scenarios. We were lucky and now 5 years later I still have my beautiful son .
    He broke his jaw in two places and smashed cheek bones ....also I was told by maxio fascial that in kids under 13 their bones don't break cleanly as an older teen or adults do. They break like green tree branches ....messy fibrous and hard to fix. the opposite of a clean snap.
    Sorry a long post, and yes breaks would be visible if any occurred.
    I'm not a Dr , but having spent solid weeks bedside , 24 hours 7 days ....and many many months at outpatient appts , I think I heard too much.

19. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris Well-Known Member

I can’t tell if police are backing away from FM POI, or are nervous of lawsuits, both, or neither from that. They certainly gave nothing away.

20. ediethedog

ediethedog Well-Known Member

yes definitely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.