Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it different? Many people are saying he is a guilty man, what do they consider him to be guilty of if he isn't a suspect in William's disappearance.

I haven't seen anyone say he is guilty. People are just questioning why he is a POI, why his alibi can't be confirmed, why police issued a search warrant on his home and business. Maybe it's different in the town where he lives.

I can't believe it's nearing nine months since his disappearance where are you William? :(

And how could it be worse than what they are implying now? Again if you have a solid alibi you have nothing to worry about. He has been named a POI for a reason.

Exactly. If you were completely innocent and laid out the facts, if the media could report it completely wrong, there'd surely be lawsuits filed, easily.

How is it different? Many people are saying he is a guilty man, what do they consider him to be guilty of if he isn't a suspect in William's disappearance.

A person of interest is considered to have knowledge related to the investigation that can be used by law enforcement. They may or may not have direct involvement in the crime.
A suspect is someone who is suspected of committing the crime.

The case of Sharon Edwards missing from Gafton, her husband is now a POI. I think it's interesting that Grafton is only 3 hours away from Kendall.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 28

Mr Spedding had been at the Kendall home days earlier to quote on a washing machine repair and returned there a week later to complete the job — but maintains he had nothing to do with the boy’s disappearance. “I had no involvement, I wasn’t there on the day it occurred,” Mr Spedding told The Sunday Telegraph in his first sit-down interview since the raid.

“We understand the investigation, we accept the investigation.

I understand I was a person of interest because a few days before I was out there, a few days after his disappearance I was out there. I understand they are looking into that and I *accept that fully.”

“They’re following up each and every lead they have and it was our turn to be that lead to be investigated,” he said.

BS understands he was a POI and that it was their turn to be the lead in the investigation.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...t-william-tyrell/story-fni0cx12-1227195778466

I don't know about you guys but if he is guilty that creeps me out... telling everyone to search for him and driving past the places the police searched knowing full well they wouldn't find him/a trace of him in that bushland because that's not where he put/took him

It's not unusual for perps to be first on the scene, acting all helpful.

We have a case in the UK at the mo of a lady that went missing 6 years ago. Recently the police did a public showing of the CCTV they had along with other information about her disappearance. They showed it on a big screen in a public place, and they filmed the "audience" to see who was there, how they reacted etc.

You are an innocent person and your name is being thrown around in regards to a missing child. Damn right I would be talking to media, I would be calling them myself. I would be very clear this is where I was, here's a receipt to show I had a coffee, my friend Barry and several others saw me at school etc. The fact that he remains a POI says he hasn't not been able to confirm his alibi to police.

Unless you're guilty of a lesser thing that looks bad if it were to become public. Or you're in some sort of dispute with your relatives relating to children.

There might be reasons you wouldn't let the media get hold of you if you don't feel up to it. Particularly when the media is clearly leading a witch hunt with pitchforks and flames.

Not excusing him. We just don't know.

It's never been reported if there are any other Persons of Interest. Only Spedding. Would we hear about it if there were other persons of interest? Have we only heard about Spedding because his business permises was raided?

There is a case in Washington DC that I have been following recently. The murdered man’s wife gave a statement to the media. She said her piece, read from notes, then said ‘sorry, I will answer no questions, I have no answers’ and that was that.

The media had no opportunity to harass her at all.

I think it was made public to shake the family tree, and partly because being a small town, word would have spread pretty quickly. It's my thought somebody close to spedding is responsible, but he is definitely involved/or has knowledge. The cops are looking at this mob for very good reason. You could knock me down with a feather if it turns out they aren't involved, that's how shocked I'd be.

It's never been reported if there are any other Persons of Interest. Only Spedding. Would we hear about it if there were other persons of interest? Have we only heard about Spedding because his business permises was raided?

Ah, I won't research too many examples, but LE often talk of several lines of enquiry and other persons

eg: "Police have spoken to a number of persons of interest in the disappearance of William Tyrell." http://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2015/01/20/police-raid-properties-search-william-tyrell/

I still think BS is getting hounded because the police could not discretely dig up his yard while controlling the media. Remember, they have searched every house on the street, sometimes multiple times. And the caravan park. Etc.

Does the guy who's dead dog was dug up TWICE deserve to have his name associated with rape and abuse allusions in the media?

Again not defending BS. Don't know the guy, none of us do.

You are right, butterstick. Bill Spedding is not the only person being investigated.

“One of those lines of inquiry relates to people we suspect being involved in a paedophile ring,” head of the Homicide Squad, Detective Superintendent Michael Willing, said at a press conference on Friday.
“We are vigorously pursuing this line of inquiry,” he said.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/missing-t...-suspect-paedophile-ring-20150417-1mmzno.html

Maybe, as others have said, a public statement prepared in conjunction with his lawyer, providing some answers to the questions that so many people have, is long overdue.

My work's policy has always been not to say a word if the media questions us about anything. We were directed in one instance not even to say 'no comment'. Giving an interview - innocent or guilty - is never a good idea unless you've had legal advice (which I doubt BS did).

He has a lawyer. One would think that his lawyer could help him prepare a suitable statement to be released, and perhaps take some of the relentless heat off him. His complete silence about his specific timeline is not doing him a darn bit of good (publicly) right now. There comes a time, imo, when reading a statement to the media is better than letting everyone think you are affiliated with a pedo ring ... if you are not ... and it is destroying your business and life.

We've seen these type of statements read before.

Like the example I cited before, in Washington DC. The wife was under a lot of SM scrutiny with regard to the murder of her husband. She finally read a prepared statement. People gained some compassion for her, and some belief in her. And voila, two other people have now been arrested as murderer and accomplice. The wife was speaking the truth.

On the advice of his solicitor, he did not speak to media on Wednesday, but his close friend Colin ....

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-h...iam-tyrell-investigation-20150122-12v4n3.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong