Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these serious allegations of persistent sexual abuse ..in the mid to late 80's that police uncovered - separate to the ones for which BS has just been charged?

Based on that quote alone I'd say they must be different because the charges that already exist are for sisters, and this woman is "the BOYS' mother" which seems to me to indicate her BOYS were abused. So, not the sisters in the current charges. IMO though.

Based on that quote alone I'd say they must be different because the charges that already exist are for sisters, and this woman is "the BOYS' mother" which seems to me to indicate her BOYS were abused. So, not the sisters in the current charges. IMO though.

I think by 'the boys' mother they refer to the mother of the boys who were living with Spedding, and these charges relate to the two girls, 3 and 6.

DNA extracted from crime scene exhibits and frozen decades ago cracks 35 sex crimes, with many more crimes expected to be solved.

I do not know if this article has been posted previously.
It is Victorian but all the same interesting.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...ted-to-be-solved/story-fni0ffnk-1226929110661
what a brilliant article. It gives me a lot of hope in our forces and that some people will get their justice even after decades of pain and frustration. Good journalism too.
I hope they increase the number of lab techs so all this new info can be processed, though, otherwise it is going to be a very long wait for results if there is a tenfold increase in testing.

Sorry if this has been mentioned as the forum has gotten away on me.

Has anyone considered that the REASON BS was considered a POI is that his history with children was known/suspected by Police?

I felt that they were looking for someone with pedophile tendencies who was connected to GM or the family and this is the first name that came up.

Unfortunately these animals have always preyed on single mothers, so this is nothing new however the new "online dating scene" makes it easy, quick and with multiple targets. I'm not judging but I just don't get online dating...why would I invite strangers to peek into my private life having never met in person...all I see online dating as is an easy way for creeps to find out more about you than I'm comfortable with...but I guess I learnt early in life when a creep stalked me for months after a simple hello, name exchange... My friend mentioned the area I worked and bam there he was days later! Watching, ringing and in the end breaking into my unit while I was away....makes me more cautious I guess. No thanks to online dating for me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A police facts sheet, presented to the court last week, said Mr Spedding was “in negotiations … to regain access to” the children before his arrest.

“Police hold serious concerns for the safety of these children if the accused is once more given access,” the document said.
What:gaah:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...h-three-children/story-e6frgczx-1227322290523

There are some seriously stupid policies in place in our family services departments.

4-year old Chloe Valentine’s (abusive, neglectful) mother was not allowed to be told that she was living with a sex offender …. due to his privacy concerns!

Obviously, the Coroner walked up one side of that policy and down the other in the inquest. With final high recommendations that the policy be changed immediately (as it was not against the law to advise her that he was a sex offender).

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...alentine-inquest/story-fni6uo1m-1227077492095

Not sure if this has already been shared but it came up in my newsfeed and it definitely made me sad :(

"In those seven months, he has missed so much. He has missed the colourful wonder of blossoming flowers in the spring, the warmth of summers spent making sandcastles on the beach and the crunching sound of his little feet stomping on fallen autumn leaves. He has missed the excitement of discovering what Santa had left for him under the Christmas tree and hunting for chocolate eggs left by the Easter bunny."

http://showandtellonline.com.au/wha...is-pictures-and-lets-get-this-little-boy-home

Sorry if this has been mentioned as the forum has gotten away on me.

Has anyone considered that the REASON BS was considered a POI is that his history with children was known/suspected by Police?

I felt that they were looking for someone with pedophile tendencies who was connected to GM or the family and this is the first name that came up.

IIRC LE were initially unaware of DOCs current investigation at the time of naming BS as POI.

I've been re-reading through the old threads (it's been raining!) and something struck me about the early police investigation and statements: Did the police at any time issue a general warning to the community after William had been taken? You know, something along the lines of be extra careful, don't let your kids talk to strangers, there may be a predator in our midst, etc? I would have thought this was standard procedure, but I couldn't find any reference to such a statement.

It's almost as though they knew quite early on who they thought their suspect was - not some blow-in or random stranger which would have triggered a lot of the standard warnings.

I could be quite wrong, but I'd like to be clear on it.

I've been re-reading through the old threads (it's been raining!) and something struck me about the early police investigation and statements: Did the police at any time issue a general warning to the community after William had been taken? You know, something along the lines of be extra careful, don't let your kids talk to strangers, there may be a predator in our midst, etc? I would have thought this was standard procedure, but I couldn't find any reference to such a statement.

It's almost as though they knew quite early on who they thought their suspect was - not some blow-in or random stranger which would have triggered a lot of the standard warnings.

I could be quite wrong, but I'd like to be clear on it.

We don't know, but there was speculation here that maybe the locals were told something. News articles mentioned that the kids were no longer playing in the streets.

Gosh it's just mind blowing isn't it. Known sex offenders out there with kids in their homes...why we don't have some sort of red flag system on people is beyond me...shamefully documents listing allegations, police reports even court documents are often only the eyes of only some officials. I say standard police should be able to search your name and this stuff show up... Not to alienate anyone but to help address situations correctly!

Everyone is a potential child molester, we should be aware of that, some have just not been caught yet.

Gosh it's just mind blowing isn't it. Known sex offenders out there with kids in their homes...why we don't have some sort of red flag system on people is beyond me...shamefully documents listing allegations, police reports even court documents are often only the eyes of only some officials. I say standard police should be able to search your name and this stuff show up... Not to alienate anyone but to help address situations correctly!

BBM: Police can and do access the government sex offenders register, Mishy. That is how they knew who the sex offenders were that they located to verify their whereabouts when William went missing.

I don't think Spedding would have been on that list though, as he was never convicted (that we know of - though he could have been, for different offences than the historic ones that we have just heard about) and the list does not show allegations.

The Offenders Registers are run by each state (there is no national one :facepalm: ). This link tells a bit about the registers.

http://www.aifs.gov.au/institute/pubs/carc/3b.html

Federal Government resisting internal pressure to create national sex offenders register

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-...re-for-national-sex-offender-register/5817112

Why on earth would the government not want to create this register ?....paedophile's in high place perhaps

I guess most of you would have already thought this but I had an awful thought that these monsters would be following places like this....what do they think of us ?....they must be so arrogant.....THEY don't think they're sick filth...

Vigilante groups, could be one reason they don't want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74