Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just yesterday a Coroner offered immunity, in a QlD Inquest…

Mr Rice was called as a witness during the inquest and was offered immunity by Coroner David O'Connell.

At the time the prosecution noted there was no reasonable prospect of conviction.

Things could possibly end up being similar in William’s Case?

(Free Link)

Yes the NSWCC offered it to FM in the November grilling..

Ms Callan then told her: 'They can handle it in a way that does not connect you'.

There is another article about by ABC … I just don’t have that one at hand…

Edit to add … Found it…

He said she was given an opportunity, in the Crime Commission, where she could "tell the truth and she wouldn't be punished for it".

I think perhaps the point of what Ms Callan was saying was that FFC's involvement could also be concealed from the public. She had probably already been advised about s18B2 by her lawyer and/or the crime commission.

Last edited:
I think perhaps the point of what Ms Callan was saying was that FFC's involvement could also be concealed from the public. She had probably already been advised about s18B2 by her lawyer and/or the crime commission. It seems immunity under s18B2 would apply without an explicit offer and acceptance.
Yes quite possible… it has made me wonder exactly how they would do that, IF it were the case …. However at this point in time it seems to be off the table and things have moved on ..
IMO

Yes quite possible… it has made me wonder exactly how they would do that, IF it were the case …. However at this point in time it seems to be off the table and things have moved on ..
IMO
‎William Tyrrell - Nowhere Child: William Tyrrell update on Apple Podcasts

In CO podcast Where’s WT episode “WT update” @ 12:28 L describes to police what happened that morning just before W went missing.

Police “Can you tell me where W was playing like a tiger?”

L leads police around to the back deck where she had been doing her drawing. (Notice here how L leads police to the back veranda and not the side of the house where W was apparently last seen).

Then L tells police that W went off to find daddy’s car.

Police officer asks L “can you show me where?” and L replies “here” (At this point there is no mention of L walking away from the back veranda to show police another area where W went to look for daddy’s car) In fact Ls response to that question was “HERE”. Police then ask “who else was HERE?”. Mummy and nana. ( this indicates to me that the place where W was looking for daddy’s car was the same place where mummy and nana were, on the back veranda closest to the carport).
L then goes on to describe to police how W was playing like a tiger kneeling on the ground and roaring and then goes around there (I’m assuming L is pointing to the grassy area at the side of the house). “Do you know why W went around THERE?” L does not respond to the question. Police then say to L “ so you don’t know?” L replies “No”.

Police ask L “what happened when W went around there, were mummy and nana there? L replies “I don’t know”.

Odd how L remembers mummy and nana sitting on a chair each on the back veranda when W was playing Ike a tiger and looking for daddy’s car but doesn’t remember if they were there when W went off around to the side of the house.

I interpret this as one of two things happened that morning. Either the FFC and FGM were both inside the house when W went missing whilst playing on/near the back veranda OR Something happened to W on the back veranda and was then moved to another area of the house.

Also, of the 3 people to last see W alive, only the Ffcs story has W playing the daddy tiger game running around to the side of the house roaring for sometime before hearing nothing. At that time Ffc said she and her mother sat drinking their tea talking to L on the back veranda.
This is not the story the fgm gives in her walkthrough nor is it Ls story she gives to police in her walkthrough.

Last edited:
Police ask L “what happened when W went around there, were mummy and nana there? L replies “I don’t know”.

CO's book Missing William Tyrrell states this piece of sister's statement as:

"Okay, all right. Well, that's all I wanted to know ... what happened after he went around there and Mum and Nana were there?"
"I don't know."
"And when, when you couldn't find him what happened next?"

Presumably CO got that from the written transcript of the walkthrough, or it is what CO hears on the walkthrough video. Different from what your post states.

Chapter 4 (page 58 on my Kindle)

Last edited:
I don't think the police should have to tell online sleuths, child advocates, or the public who Wendy Hudson was speaking with that morning. IMO the Coroner probably already knows.

Being a youth liaison officer, Wendy could have been speaking about some kid who didn't show up at school that morning, and his parents didn't know where he/she went. A local kid who had been getting into strife. A local kid and his/her family who deserve privacy.

That is if RD got the one side of the overheard conversation right. If his "impression" was correct.

I wasn't implying that the online sleuth community needed to be told, but rather highlighting the importance Wendy Hudson's actions/movements could play in helping Mr. Laidlaw and his team crack this case.

As I said, Ms. Hudson could very well have been dealing with an issue totally unrelated to William. It's not a good look though that police didn't take RD seriously. No doubt a court will eventually provide those answers with the evidence presented.

Not every stone has been turned and it should.

The only type of court that interests me is the court that gets Justice for William.

I have much greater faith in Mr. Laidlaw's leadership than Mr. Jubelin's in handling this case. We can quote from Mr. Jubelin's book all we like but the bottom line remains he only had eyes on Spedding and when that failed he tried Savage. Mr. Jubelin is the only one who ever remotely raised an alternative scenario occurring differently to an abduction.

If there's been an attempt at deception from Day 1 by those at 48 Benaroon Drive, then dots can be drawn. Timelines can be ruled in or out. There are no dots to join that remotely suggest an abduction. No one has been forthcoming with information to support the cars in the street. It all came from a single source. That source eventually became a POI under Mr. Laidlaw.

It wouldn't be the first case that cops have stuffed up and let the person/s responsible slip through the cracks.

Does the community want this case solved?

IMO there would be hundreds of situations in the foster care system where the truth never gets told. These kids, tragically, simply become a number or a statistic. I think if William wasn't a foster child and this same (disappearance) scenario occurred things would've been handled a lot differently.

Police might've been able to do their job without having to seek approval or permission from a government department such as FACS. The spiderman photo should've been released at that first press announcement on the afternoon of September 12th, not some outdated daycare photo with bruises because it was on a government file. It's situations like that which FACS should never have been able to dictate to the police. Perhaps the laws need to be changed, to help police do their job properly when dealing with foster children who go missing. William's case will always remain political and that is a tragedy in itself. :(

CO's book Missing William Tyrrell states this piece of sister's statement as:

"Okay, all right. Well, that's all I wanted to know ... what happened after he went around there and Mum and Nana were there?"
"I don't know."
"And when, when you couldn't find him what happened next?"

Presumably CO got that from the written transcript of the walkthrough, or it is what CO hears on the walkthrough video. Different from what your post states.

Chapter 4 (page 58 on my Kindle)
The question police are asking L is NOT what happened to W after he went around there but the question was
“Mum and nana were there”?

To which L replies “I don’t know

Clearly police were probing to ascertain whether or not the Ffc and fgm were there on the back veranda when W went off to the side of the housr

The question police are asking L is NOT what happened to W after he went around there but the question was

Clearly police were probing to ascertain whether or not the Ffc and fgm were there on the back veranda when W went off to the side of the housr

I am just quoting, word for word, what CO's book says .... "what happened after he went around there and Mum and Nana were there?"

That's all.

I am just quoting, word for word, what CO's book says .... "what happened after he went around there and Mum and Nana were there?"

That's all.
And I’m quoting word for word what CO says in her podcast. What happened after he went around there, Mum and nana were there?
There is no “AND” mum and nana were there. in the podcast CO narrates the question as police asking L “Mum and nana were THERE”?
That’s the question being asked
To which L replies “I don’t know”

One well known case where immunity was offered in a murder case was the Matt Leveson Case ….

Mr Atkins was in May, granted immunity from all criminal charges, except perjury or contempt of court, so that he could be compelled to give evidence at the coronial inquest.
Anything Mr Atkins says at the inquest cannot be used as against him in any future criminal proceedings.

Oh, what a funny little coincidence. The NSW Attorney General at the time who allowed that deal was Gabrielle Upton, who was the minister for FACS when WT went missing.
Immunity issues in Matthew Leveson case - 9News

It's rather interesting the police officer interviewing William's sister shut down the interview rather quickly after she responded to this question:

Cop: Has William ever gone to look for daddy before when you've been here at nanny's house?
Cop: No. You're shaking your head.
Sister: No.
Cop: No. OK All righty, Well, we'll stop, I'll stop that camera now, and then we, what we might do is would you like to come for a walk with me just to the end of the street.
Sister: Yeah

Cop: Has William ever gone to look for daddy before when you've been here at nanny's house?
Cop: No. OK All righty, Well, we'll stop, I'll stop that camera now, and then we, what we might do is would you like to come for a walk with me just to the end of the street.
Hope you don’t mind me asking, but where does this transcript come from? I just can’t recall reading the part about the walk in the street before???
I assume by “cop” you mean Det D Nelson??
Many thanks

Hope you don’t mind me asking, but where does this transcript come from? I just can’t recall reading the part about the walk in the street before???
Many thanks
It's rather interesting the police officer interviewing William's sister shut down the interview rather quickly after she responded to this question:

Now this I find interesting
Fgm tells police in her walkthrough that W was playing Iike a tiger and then ran around the side of the house. Police ask “could you hear W after he went around the side of the house? No nana replies. Also note fgm doesn’t mention anything about W looking for daddy’s car.

Ws sister was asked by police during her walkthrough “do you know why W went around there” and “why W went to look for daddy’s car”. No and I don’t know L replies.

So if W, as stated by ffc, did run around the side of the house playing the daddy tiger game hiding then jumping out with a roar a couple of times before it went quiet, why were both fgm and L unable to corroborate this part of her story?

If W wasn’t playing the daddy tiger game and wasn’t looking for daddy’s car why then would W go off to the side of the house to play when he had the entire backyard to play in? Why specifically chose “there” for no good reason?

Again I feel compelled to express my opinion that whatever happened to W happened either on the back veranda or the grass close to the back veranda and then W was moved by someone around the side of the house. Out of sight out of mind

Last edited:
If W wasn’t playing the daddy tiger game and wasn’t looking for daddy’s car why then would W go off to the side of the house to play when he had the entire backyard to play in? Why specifically chose “there” for no good reason?
He might have continued on to almost anywhere on the block--they couldn't speak as to that because it was out of sight of the porch. From where they were sitting, he could have gone three ways: into the house; in the direction of the great yard and the lower leg of the street; or towards the carport. They said he chose the second.

He might have continued on to almost anywhere on the block--they couldn't speak as to that because it was out of sight of the porch. From where they were sitting, he could have gone three ways: into the house; in the direction of the great yard and the lower leg of the street; or towards the carport. They said he chose the second.
BBM:-
"He was playing daddy tiger," she told 60 Minutes. "My last memory is his raaaarrrr. Then there was nothing. Now it's just silence. He has vanished."

William was playing with his sister when he stepped off a wooden deck and onto grass near the side of the home as his mother made a cup of tea inside. Police believe William went down towards the sloping backyard.

On Sunday, William's parents revealed he could have made his way down the sloping backyard because he was excited about his dad coming home from work and wanted to welcome him home.

"I called out, 'Can you see daddy's car?' " said his mother. "Then there was no answer."

Within 20 minutes his mother had called police.

" 'Someone has taken Will' was absolutely screaming at me," she said.”

Parents of William Tyrrell appear on 60 Minutes as new evidence revealed

I wasn't implying that the online sleuth community needed to be told, but rather highlighting the importance Wendy Hudson's actions/movements could play in helping Mr. Laidlaw and his team crack this case.

As I said, Ms. Hudson could very well have been dealing with an issue totally unrelated to William. It's not a good look though that police didn't take RD seriously. No doubt a court will eventually provide those answers with the evidence presented.

Not every stone has been turned and it should.

The only type of court that interests me is the court that gets Justice for William.

I have much greater faith in Mr. Laidlaw's leadership than Mr. Jubelin's in handling this case. We can quote from Mr. Jubelin's book all we like but the bottom line remains he only had eyes on Spedding and when that failed he tried Savage. Mr. Jubelin is the only one who ever remotely raised an alternative scenario occurring differently to an abduction.

If there's been an attempt at deception from Day 1 by those at 48 Benaroon Drive, then dots can be drawn. Timelines can be ruled in or out. There are no dots to join that remotely suggest an abduction. No one has been forthcoming with information to support the cars in the street. It all came from a single source. That source eventually became a POI under Mr. Laidlaw.

It wouldn't be the first case that cops have stuffed up and let the person/s responsible slip through the cracks.

Does the community want this case solved?

IMO there would be hundreds of situations in the foster care system where the truth never gets told. These kids, tragically, simply become a number or a statistic. I think if William wasn't a foster child and this same (disappearance) scenario occurred things would've been handled a lot differently.

Police might've been able to do their job without having to seek approval or permission from a government department such as FACS. The spiderman photo should've been released at that first press announcement on the afternoon of September 12th, not some outdated daycare photo with bruises because it was on a government file. It's situations like that which FACS should never have been able to dictate to the police. Perhaps the laws need to be changed, to help police do their job properly when dealing with foster children who go missing. William's case will always remain political and that is a tragedy in itself. :(
Agreed.
Am grateful Laidlaw is on the case and not intimidated or held to past blunders.
Not an easy task to pick up the sloppy left overs neatly moulded square when we got a round hole.

where are you william?? :rolleyes:

That I understand thanks but if they chose the second option what is that saying?
its only logical that from that side of the house W could then wander off to any part of the house and beyond and if that were true that’s negligence. Negligence on behalf of both adults, one being the carer for W his ultimate protector and the other being the fgm who’s house it was and who should known how unsafe it is for a child to wander off in that direction.

BUT Ffc gave a reason for W going around to that side of the house where he wouldn’t be seen by the them and that reason was W playing the daddy tiger game wanting somewhere he could hide and then jump out at them with his ROAR, which going by Ffc story he did do once or twice before them hearing nothing. Neither the fgm or L confirm this story to police in their walkthroughs. All they say was that W was roaring like a tiger and ran off around the side of the house and he wasn’t heard after that nor did they know why he went there.
Clearly Without this part of ffc story, negligence for failing to supervise a 3yo in an unsafe fenceless area may have been a line of enquire further explored by LE at the time.

I don’t believe W wandered off anywhere out of sight, side of the house included. He may have been placed there temporarily and then moved further down the side of the house in the area searched in the dig for W remains

If W fell from the 5m high balcony why wasn’t the balcony forensically tested for Ws DNA during the last search, only the area below it was searched as well as the concrete slab leading to the garage and inside the garage. Surely that would have been the first area examined as that would have been the first area W would have come into contact with, by either his hands or his head especially if that’s where he fell from. Media reports listed 3 targeted sites where detectives were focusing on in this search and the upper balcony wasn’t one of them.

Last edited:
Many thanks

I think they had at least two occasions (that I know of) to chat with sister alone, and off the record.

There was the time when sister went for the walk 'just to the end of the street' with Det Nelson, after the walkthrough.
And the time when Snr Const Hudson took them to Diamond Head beach. Wendy made a sandcastle with sister, while FM comforted FD (further away, at the shoreline) as he was very upset. As stated in Ch 4 of Missing William Tyrrell.

It was probably part of their due diligence. Surreptitiously part of the early investigation ... to see if sister could help them further if she was removed from the situation. As well as just trying to help relieve some of the stress. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff