Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was just dashing off when he roared, he might have been still performing for them, regardless of whether he was still in their line of vision. He would have had his back to them and might not have had a clear idea of what they could see or that their thoughts were separate from his.
i was thinking that possibility too, running away roaring, thinking his foster mother was chasing him

like others here, i have read the co book, and where she does explore a lot of interesting police detail and procedure during the case, she does seem to only rely mainly on ffc for her version of the family arrival and breakfast and williams last minutes etc that morning, so she is telling the foster familys story, which is not necessarily true,but seems to be taken as fact?
Bear, you raise a good point! In my opinion, I think that the statements had to be taken at face value at that time… as FM and FGM and his sister, were the last persons to see William, before he went missing, and it was the only account of what had happened….

Also at that time the FM had been very publicly cleared twice by the Police.

Just my own opinion ..

How could we possibly know that?
Unfortunately we can't, and it doesn't really help the case. But for me it still makes sense, if there was an "abduction". Only that I don't think, all of the 3 adults in the family didn't know.
An "abduction" to me seems more possible than a "balcony fall" or similar. Why FFC had to drive away secretly, I don't understand. No idea.

I worked in my grandma's home day care for years growing up. Kids as young as WT generally did not have such rigid rules as described above---like I only roar when my sis and mum are with me.

Kids that age roar just to roar because it is fun and there does not have to be a set of specific circumstances, in my experience.

Did we hear of any evidence saying that it was a special game with specific set rules where he would only roar like a tiger under specific circumstances?

Apparently, it was the first time they played the game (that morning). As in, first time ever. According to CO. No rules, no 'usually'. imo

"Then he got bored and decided to play another new game called Daddy Tiger.
He hadn't played it before. I suppose it came from Mummy Monsters. He [was] pretending to be Daddy Tiger."

Missing William Tyrrell, Caroline Overington, Chapter 2

She says that at first he was crawling around on the ground, then a bit further on she says that he started jumping off the patio and roaring, running around the corner and coming back ... until he didn't.

Apparently, it was the first time they played the game (that morning). As in, first time ever. According to CO. No rules, no 'usually'. imo

He hadn't played it before. I suppose it came from Mummy Monsters. He [was] pretending to be Daddy Tiger."

That sounds like she's backtracking on Daddy Tiger being a different game to Mummy Monsters.

That sounds like she's backtracking on Daddy Tiger being a different game to Mummy Monsters.

Yes, maybe it is the same game, except this time William decided to be daddy tiger and roar instead of doing whatever the monsters did.

I am not sure where CO is quoting from and referencing, in this segment. But I think it might be the televised police interview.

She says that at first he was crawling around on the ground, then a bit further on she says that he started jumping off the patio and roaring, running around the corner and coming back ... until he didn't.
Can you give us a couple of sentences before the "Then", please?

Can you give us a couple of sentences before the "Then", please?

Before that is the dice game. Where sister was up and participating.

"Lindsay emptied out the pencil container, and a dice rolled out and we started playing a game"
"I was rolling the dice and Lindsay would jump the amount of times the dice showed. William came over and played as well. I showed him how to roll the dice, he really liked it."

(Then comes the 'then he got bored' part.)

Yes, maybe it is the same game, except this time William decided to be daddy tiger and roar instead of doing whatever the monsters did.

I am not sure where CO is quoting from and referencing, in this segment. But I think it might be the televised police interview.
Where's William Tyrrell | Ep. 3 | One Last RoarVisit

We hadn’t played it many times before, but we played mummy monster doing chasings at the lower part of the house. it’s a variation of a hide and seek type of game. He played it more at their home in Sydney

Last edited:
Before that is the dice game. Where sister was up and participating.

"Lindsay emptied out the pencil container, and a dice rolled out and we started playing a game"
"I was rolling the dice and Lindsay would jump the amount of times the dice showed. William came over and played as well. I showed him how to roll the dice, he really liked it."

(Then comes the 'then he got bored' part.)
Thank you.

The interviewer asked sister what William did when he was pretending to be a tiger and she answered that he kneels on the ground and says Roar. I had the impression she'd seen him do it before.

I feel like FFC tries to keep her account of the morning fluid, able to be changed this way or that at any time. I've been thinking that when she appeared to demur at '10:15' it might not have been because she disagreed but because she didn't want a time stated at all.

Thank you.

The interviewer asked sister what William did when he was pretending to be a tiger and she answered that he kneels on the ground and says Roar. I had the impression she'd seen him do it before.

I feel like FFC tries to keep her account of the morning fluid, able to be changed this way or that at any time. I've been thinking that when she appeared to demur at '10:15' it might not have been because she disagreed but because she didn't want a time stated at all.

Remembering that it was from the televised police interview (I am pretty sure), scripted by whoever, and likely was perused by DCJ/FACS before it went to air. imo

It is not clear to me what FM was allowed to talk about, and what she wasn't allowed to talk about.

Thank you.

Where's William Tyrrell | Ep. 3 | One Last RoarVisit
Im not sure about that JLZ. The mummy monster/daddy tiger game hadn’t been played many times before and was played for the first time at fgm house earlier that morning. The game was a variation of hide and seek. Not sure where the roar fits into hide and seek but could possibly be what W does after hiding and jumps out.
Also I stand corrected on the point I made in an earlier post about the Ffc not inside making her tea.
“After W got bored rolling the dice he began rolling around playing the daddy tiger game . Ffc goes inside and makes the teas. After she makes the teas she sat out on the back veranda with her mum watching W play this game. It was a variation of a hide and seek
I agree with the second part of your post. I think as time went by it became evident that the original time she gave police W went missing at 10:30am didn’t fit in with all the evidence and that’s the case with other parts of her original story that she has seamlessly altered accordingly along the way

Last edited:
Remembering that it was from the televised police interview (I am pretty sure), scripted by whoever, and likely was perused by DCJ/FACS before it went to air. imo

It is not clear to me what FM was allowed to talk about, and what she wasn't allowed to talk about.
I don’t think it was from the first televised Police Interview ?? The transcript is in the link….. Or was there another one?? maybe the 60mins one???

Edit to add: FM does say this… so your memory is pretty close SA!

M: He was playing, he was having fun, he was in his Spiderman outfit playing Daddy Tiger, I mean, it was fun, it was just normal.

I am wondering if it may have been one of the many statements that CO appeared to have when writing the book?? Imo

That’s not right STH Aussie. Mfc says mummy monsters was a game they had played before at their home in Sydney. Daddy tiger was a new game and both games were played for the first time “at grandmas house” that morning

I don’t think it was from the first televised Police Interview ?? The transcript is in the link….. Or was there another one?? maybe the 60mins one???

Edit to add: FM does say this… so your memory is pretty close SA!

M: He was playing, he was having fun, he was in his Spiderman outfit playing Daddy Tiger, I mean, it was fun, it was just normal.

I am wondering if it may have been one of the many statements that CO appeared to have when writing the book?? Imo

I thought SA might have been referring to my last sentence about '10:15'. It's possible police asked the foster carers not to put a time on the disappearance, and FFC checked MFC after he forgot.

I thought SA might have been referring to my last sentence about '10:15'. It's possible police asked the foster carers not to put a time on the disappearance, and FFC checked MFC after he forgot.
Oh apologies SA and JLZ
Yes the 10:15 is from the televised Police Interview …

I had thought it was about this part….

And this part from your post…

Apologies once again…

Last edited:
By police are you referring to GJ and his team?
Who was in charge in April 2015 ?? As that is when the interview was done…

Was Rupp still in charge then?? I can’t remember when he retired ????

Edit to add: Rupp retired in Feb 2015, as per CO Book, Chapter 6.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members