Autistic boy,12, with higher IQ than Einstein develops his own theory of relativity

peeples

Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-IQ-Einstein-develops-theory-relativity.html

"According to his parents Jake has trouble sleeping at night as he constantly sees numbers in his head.

But far from complaining, Jake has turned the sleepless nights to his advantage - debunking the big bang theory.

The next step, according to professor Ross, is for Jake to leave class altogether and take up a paid research role."

I hope at some point he can have somewhat of a normal child hood :(
As cool as it is.. I kinda feel sorry for him.

That's sweet of you Peeples! Please know that it is easier on autistic people when they get older and their emotional reasoning catches up with their intellect.

He sounds like a fascinating person! I wish I had the chance to meet him!

I don't think Jake could have a normal childhood if he tried, his parents tried, and the whole world tried together to make it happen (lol). That young man is not going to have a normal life. It's just not in the cards for him, and I only feel "sorry" for him in that he will not have any true peers. I sure do hope he DOES find a peer for himself in this lifetime.

Bless him. No, really I understand where he comes from and Peteygirl was right on with the statment that he won't have a peer, likely not now, nor in adolescence or as an adult. It will make him lonely, likely already does, and for that reason, he is probably more comfortable in his own head than he ever will be with others. Considering that other people likely frustrate him and only succeed in making him feel more isolated, I can't feel sorry for him. He has learned how to express himself in ways that can fight the isolation often felt by autistic kids, and might not even want friends his own age. I can't blame him, and I can't feel sorry for him for not having age related peers, until I know whether he would really want them to begin with.

"Back of the house calculations..." (from the video) LOL He's very charming! :)

Wow, he is amazing ! Don't feel sorry for him, that child is happy, believe me. I know it seems odd for me to say that but I don't believe he is lonley and he prob. never will be, he is happy with his numbers, helping others understand math, thats what he wants and loves to do it looks like.
He prob. doesn't even really care about peer relationships to an extent because the social norm is not there for these kids, he is happy in his own head and the comforts of his home and school.

My son Tristan whom is Autistic is fascinated with numbers as well. He is in the 5th grade and does multiplaction into the trillions in a blink of an eye, he sees it in his head. His peers at school always go to him with help in math. Once he learns something intially he teaches himself from there on out :). He once taught himself the alphabet in sign language in less then 5 minutes by looking in the back of a book and remembers it still and he was 5 at the time.....

"His parents were worried when he didn't talk until the age of two, suspecting he was educationally abnormal."

I'm just thankful this boy was born when he was, not in the 40s or 50s. Back then, there was no diagnosis of autism, and any child who appeared delayed in any way had little or no opportunity for an education. Many were even put in institutions. I wonder how many really bright minds were wasted.

I know a family whose first two children, born in 1949 and 1952, had cerebral palsy. They were quickly whisked off to the state home, and lived out their lives there. I often wonder whether, with some speech therapy, physical therapy, special education, their lives might have played out much richer and fuller.

Whiz kid with Asperger's syndrome aims high

INDIANAPOLIS – When Jacob Barnett first learned about the Schrodinger equation for quantum mechanics, he could hardly contain himself.

For three straight days, his little brain buzzed with mathematical functions.

From within his 12-year-old, mildly autistic mind, there gradually flowed long strings of plusses, minuses, funky letters and upside down triangles — a tapestry of complicated symbols that few can understand.

He grabbed his pencil and filled every sheet of paper before grabbing a marker and filling up a dry erase board that hangs in his bedroom. With a single-minded obsession, he kept on, eventually marking up every window in the home.

Strange, say some.

Genius, say others.

But entirely normal for Jacob, a true child prodigy.

http://yourlife.usatoday.com/health...r-old-whiz-has-sights-set-on-stars/45083348/1

My son has Cerebral Palsy, Blindness, Autism and Tourette Syndrome.( yes all combined) and let me tell you He is one of the happiest 11 year olds I know. Please don't feels sorry for this young man . Yes his life is different from ours but that does not mean he is not happy. I know for my son. He goes to bed and wakes up every single morning with a smile on his face. Sure he can't express why he is happy but he IS happy. I know for US ( MY family) We HATE pity and that people " feel sorry" for my son and us. Our children maybe different and happiness may even feel different to them but they have happiness and love in their lives just because its not the same way you do is not a reason to feel sorry for him.

I think my post came across wrong I don't need ot be jumped on, I wasn't speaking about anyones child at WB's.. I don't feel bad for him because he's a genius, or has autism. I feel bad because he can't sleep at night because his head is constantly filled with numbers.

I think my post came across wrong I don't need ot be jumped on, I wasn't speaking about anyones child at WB's.. I don't feel bad for him because he's a genius, or has autism. I feel bad because he can't sleep at night because his head is constantly filled with numbers.

I know that is what you meant when I read your post :) :) My son has a hard time sleeping too due to numbers and other things he is interested in, I just give him some melatonin and he usally can sleep through the night.

((hugs))

I hope I did not make you feel bad :/

Interesting fact: Some feel that Einstein himself was likely on the autism spectrum, and my dad, who had Asperger's, thinks that Einsten likely did too.

Maybe wishful thinking, but I wouldn't be at all surprised, due to things like his being able to create things so well inside his head, but being socially inept to the point where he couldn't tie his shoes and had to be reminded to bathe. Means absolutely nothing, just a fun fact.

Not only was I not jumping on you I was making a General post to everyone that feels sorry for any child that is handicap. If I was saying this to only you I insure you I would of quoted you.

Not only was I not jumping on you I was making a General post to everyone that feels sorry for any child that is handicap. If I was saying this to only you I insure you I would of quoted you.

I just watched your video; what a fine bunch of young'uns you have there! :seeya::

I don't think anyone was jumping on you. I think they were merely explaining that he most likely is happy and that you needn't worry. :)

What a fascinating little boy. I can barely add and subtract without a calculator. This kid is amazing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back