Autistic College Senoir scores 20 points!

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by spclk, Feb 24, 2006.

1. spclk

spclk New Member

The team manager for Greece was allowed to play in the final game of the season. He scored 20 points, 18 of those from three point shots. The crowd shouted his name, held up signs with his picture and went wild. What an inspiring thing this coach did!

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/preps/260760_night24.html

2. Loading...

3. luvbeaches

luvbeaches New Member

I saw this last night. It was really awesome! We see so many sad stories on the news...that it is refreshing to see something like this.

4. *02

*02 Former Member

5. fran

fran Former Member

This was an awesome feat for this boy and such a heart-warming story. I cried when I saw it on tv and then again when I read an article about it. Sometimes good things do happen to good people. :dance:

JMHO
    fran

PS......oh,.....and the movie 'Rudy' is one of my favorites. I can watch it over and over again. Of course, being Irish couldn't possibly have anything to do with it! ;)

6. Ixions Fire

Ixions Fire New Member

"I ended my career on the right note," he told The Associated Press by phone Thursday. "I was really hotter than a pistol!"

You GO Dude!! Great story, thanks.

7. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

I just heard more about this on the news. The family has just had to hire an attorney for their son. There are so many company's calling and wanting to make a movie out of their son's story!
    They say they hired the attorney, mainly to protect their son as they want to make sure he is not portrayed in a bad light. They also said if they had their choice they would want Leonard Di'Caprio to act the part of their son.

8. Marine Mom

Marine Mom New Member

That's so cute!

9. 2XL

2XL New Member

Not only did this story make me smile, it made my cry. What a great coach! Bless this little guy heart. I am so touched.

Just goes to show, we can do anything we put our minds.

10. spclk

spclk New Member

Bush meets autistic basketball player

ROCHESTER, N.Y., March 14 (UPI) -- U.S. President George Bush met a basketball hero Tuesday, in 5-foot-6 Jason McElwain, an autistic boy whose basketball exploits grabbed national attention.

Bush met Jason as Air Force One landed in Rochester, N.Y., for a presidential appearance at a senior center where Bush was talking about the Medicare prescription drug benefit.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20060314-122319-2997r

11. fran

fran Former Member

This was so sweet. When the guy shook President Bush's hand he said "It's been a pleasure to meet you."

President Bush hugged him and said, "The pleasure was mine."

It was so sweet.

fran

12. Amraann

Amraann Former Member

Made me tear up a bit.

13. Lynni

Lynni Member

This totally moved me to tears. I have a child with special needs and to see things like this, well, it is beyond words to describe it accurately.