Autistic College Senoir scores 20 points!

I saw this last night. It was really awesome! We see so many sad stories on the news...that it is refreshing to see something like this.

This was an awesome feat for this boy and such a heart-warming story. I cried when I saw it on tv and then again when I read an article about it. Sometimes good things do happen to good people. :dance:

JMHO
fran

PS......oh,.....and the movie 'Rudy' is one of my favorites. I can watch it over and over again. Of course, being Irish couldn't possibly have anything to do with it! ;)

"I ended my career on the right note," he told The Associated Press by phone Thursday. "I was really hotter than a pistol!"

You GO Dude!! Great story, thanks.

I just heard more about this on the news. The family has just had to hire an attorney for their son. There are so many company's calling and wanting to make a movie out of their son's story!
They say they hired the attorney, mainly to protect their son as they want to make sure he is not portrayed in a bad light. They also said if they had their choice they would want Leonard Di'Caprio to act the part of their son.

mysteriew said:
I just heard more about this on the news. The family has just had to hire an attorney for their son. There are so many company's calling and wanting to make a movie out of their son's story!
They say they hired the attorney, mainly to protect their son as they want to make sure he is not portrayed in a bad light. They also said if they had their choice they would want Leonard Di'Caprio to act the part of their son.

That's so cute!

Not only did this story make me smile, it made my cry. What a great coach! Bless this little guy heart. I am so touched.

Just goes to show, we can do anything we put our minds.

Bush meets autistic basketball player

ROCHESTER, N.Y., March 14 (UPI) -- U.S. President George Bush met a basketball hero Tuesday, in 5-foot-6 Jason McElwain, an autistic boy whose basketball exploits grabbed national attention.

Bush met Jason as Air Force One landed in Rochester, N.Y., for a presidential appearance at a senior center where Bush was talking about the Medicare prescription drug benefit.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20060314-122319-2997r

spclk said:
Bush meets autistic basketball player

ROCHESTER, N.Y., March 14 (UPI) -- U.S. President George Bush met a basketball hero Tuesday, in 5-foot-6 Jason McElwain, an autistic boy whose basketball exploits grabbed national attention.

Bush met Jason as Air Force One landed in Rochester, N.Y., for a presidential appearance at a senior center where Bush was talking about the Medicare prescription drug benefit.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20060314-122319-2997r

This was so sweet. When the guy shook President Bush's hand he said "It's been a pleasure to meet you."

President Bush hugged him and said, "The pleasure was mine."

It was so sweet.

fran

This totally moved me to tears. I have a child with special needs and to see things like this, well, it is beyond words to describe it accurately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back