AZ - 9 killed, 2 injured in W Phoenix shootings, April-June 2016 *Arrest*

New details in Serial Street Shooter case as anniversary approaches
For the first time, Phoenix police are commenting publicly about a man they looked at as a potential suspect in the serial shooting case. This comes just ahead of the one-year anniversary of the start of the spree.

"There were several tips that came in on Frank Taylor," Sgt. Jonathan Howard said.

If that name sounds familiar, it might be because Frank Taylor was involved in an attempted armed robbery last August that made headlines. Glendale police say he pointed a gun at a woman and her two friends outside of a Circle K and demanded her gun, which was holstered. The woman, fearing for her life, shot Taylor.

Wow! Not in jail. Not south of the border. We didn't consider the possibility of DEAD.

Looking at FT's pic and the sketch, it's as if he was sitting right in front of the artist while it was being drawn!!!

'Person of interest' in custody in Phoenix 'Serial Street Shooter' case
Phoenix police have a person in custody who they are calling a "person of interest" in the notorious "Serial Street Shooter" case.

(...)

Multiple sources within the Valley law enforcement community tell us the Phoenix police SWAT team made the arrest within the past few days. The "person of interest" was arrested on unrelated charges that involved a gun.

Matching vehicle, surviving victim picked him out of a photo line up, same neighborhood, and arrested for a murder that fits the MO of the killer (below)
"On August 16, 2015, Romero was shot multiple times in the driveway of his home, near 7th Street and Bethany Home Road, and died shortly after at a hospital."
http://www.abc15.com/news/crime/police-make-arrest-in-phoenix-cold-case-murder-in-2015

This could very well be the guy!!

Holy Moly, POI may be linked to the Phoenix Freeway/I-10 shootings as well!!!

"According to court documents, the 2015 murder of Romero involved the same type of handgun used in the Phoenix freeway shootings. Romero was shot and killed near Seventh Street and Bethany Home Road on Aug. 16, 2015 -- 11 days before the first freeway shooting incident. Investigators with the Department of Public Safety arrested Leslie Merritt Jr. after they said bullet fragments found at the scene of four of the freeway shootings matched a gun Merritt he had recently pawned. He was arrested in September of 2015 but all charges were dropped in April of 2016. Merritt's firearm was one of eight Hi-Point 9 millimeter handguns DPS confiscated from Valley pawn shops as part of the freeway shooting investigation. It turns out a Hi-Point 9 mm gun having belonged to Saucedo was also one of the eight."
http://www.azfamily.com/story/35232...-case-dps-denies-link-to-freeway-shooter-case

Have any of you managed to find any social media for AS?
I've done a little research and can't find anything 😑

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I just can't believe there isn't more discussion going on here. This is potentially huge.

Phoenix Police have a presser scheduled at 3pm PST for an update on the case. Let's hope they have their guy!

Presser live right now.

​watch here

ETA:
-Aaron Juan Saucedo had been booked on 26 felonies in relation to the Phoenix serial shootings
-no evidence so far links him to the Phoenix I-10 shootings
-he has been linked to other shootings around the area
-the first 2 murders were only linked to him within the last months
-evidence doesn't point to any associates/partners in the shootings
-they expect to pay out the $75,000 in reward money

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads