AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
<snipped>

I never would've posted these imaginary scenarios today if it hadn't been for my hinkometer suddenly perking up today when reading:

"Arteaga says he also got out of the car to give Salinas her cell phone that she had left on the passenger seat of the car.

You're thinking 'way out of the box' today and that's great! Don't stop. This is something that caught my attention too.

Why is it that seems so strange? Something about it just seems weird and I can't put my finger on it.

I just finally asked my husband about this whole accident thing, since he knows more about cars than anyone ever should.

Ever.

Seriously, ever.

Anyway I asked if it is feasible that a college aged girl who was drunk and PO'd at her BF was driving too fast and hit a curb/median would:

A. sustain front end damage along with the two flats on the driver's side
B. was more likely to pop the tires on the spot, flattening them immediately OR cause them to be ajar from the rims and flatten slowly

AND

C. if she would then be able to drive several blocks further before abandoning it in either case (flat tires or slowly flattening)

He said "oh yeah, absolutely, sure, are you kidding me? Any car is gonna have front end damage after hitting a curb like that."

and

"anything could've happened with the tires going flat, I"ve seen idiots drive miles on flats until they had nothing left but rims that were sending off sparks as they drove. They could've gone flat slowly, too, either way driving a few blocks is absolutely feasible."

Just thought I'd share. It doesn't do anything for the case but I found it helpful to know just in general, I guess.

I never would've posted these imaginary scenarios today if it hadn't been for my hinkometer suddenly perking up today when reading:

"Arteaga says he also got out of the car to give Salinas her cell phone that she had left on the passenger seat of the car.

Arteaga then showed officers his phone records showing that he made a call shortly afterwards to one of Salinas&#8217; roommates to tell them she was walking home.

The roommate, R. Flores, told officers she went looking for Salinas on her bike but didn&#8217;t find her. "

( http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...e-after-argument-with-boyfriend#ixzz2ZcZ7YQwN )

Something about all this just bugs me but as Tonto said, LE obviously has decided it's all good on that end so it must just be something else that has me all ... gut-bothered.

I agree. Earlier I noted the multiple inconsistencies in reporting might all be due to the change in the party goers stories. Seems like RF might have ended up being a more credible source than the first roomie they quoted in articles.

What really is not feasible to me is that Adrienne could have had a fight with her BF, left to go to his place, came back and didn't talk to anyone else at the party about it. That doesn't fit the MO of a young girl, really angry at her BF and drinking at a party at her own apartment. Normally kids, anyone for that matter, want to talk to someone else about things when they're upset. I think she probably told someone at the party for sure.

We don't really know what time the party broke up and everyone was gone. We have been told approximately 3:00 am, but that would go against what the first roomie said when asked if anyone had seen her return following the accident, which occurred at 3:44 am, and the roommate said they were "all too busy partying to notice". Or words to that effect.

So it's highly possible, IMO, that there were party stragglers still hanging out there when Adrienne returned to her apt after the accident. And whoever she had been talking to or confiding in or complaining to about her BF might have been very interested in her.

I'm thinking this is where we need to focus. JMO

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one shortly...

<snipped>

You're thinking 'way out of the box' today and that's great! Don't stop. This is something that caught my attention too.

Why is it that seems so strange? Something about it just seems weird and I can't put my finger on it.

I've finally decided to post on this thread!

IMO this is what's weird about that particular situation: it's the middle of the night. AS is upset and jumps out of the car. BF gives her the phone. She continues to walk. I think in this situation the best thing for the BF to do would be to keep an eye on AS himself til she got home safe, driving behind, walking behind, whatever. But what he does is, call the roommate to come meet AS. So now there are two girls out and about in the middle of the night. And BF goes home?!! And doesn't answer calls or texts? !

That's what's off. I am not speculating that he was involved in her disappearance, just that to go home and leave two girls out not knowing if they were safe is really odd.

MOO

I've finally decided to post on this thread!

IMO this is what's weird about that particular situation: it's the middle of the night. AS is upset and jumps out of the car. BF gives her the phone. She continues to walk. I think in this situation the best thing for the BF to do would be to keep an eye on AS himself til she got home safe, driving behind, walking behind, whatever. But what he does is, call the roommate to come meet AS. So now there are two girls out and about in the middle of the night. And BF goes home?!! And doesn't answer calls or texts? !

That's what's off. I am not speculating that he was involved in her disappearance, just that to go home and leave two girls out not knowing if they were safe is really odd.

MOO

Do I ever agree!!! This is the part that really makes my head spin!!!

Oh...nice to meet you, btw. :)

ok, I haven't been reading along so sorry for the fact that what I'm saying has probably already been said.

The BF said they argued because he wasn't paying enough attention to her, then they left and went to his house, then left his house and came back and she got out and started walking when they were getting close to her place.

And then he saw she left her cellphone on his passenger seat so he got out and gave it to her.

And then he called her roommate (Flores) on his own cellphone to ask her to meet Adrienne, who was walking alone. So her roommate left the apartment on her bicycle to go meet Adrienne but didn't find her. Then when the roommate returned to the apartment, Adrienne was there and they talked outside on the grass and then Adrienne went inside and Flores never saw her again (she did not see Adrienne leave, she said).

So I've been accused of still acting, thinking, and feeling like a teenager plenty and I surely am female as heck so lemme just say, a few things about this speak to me.

What they SAY could be totally wrong of course.

But it seems to ME (therefore, IMHO) that Adrienne wasn't mad he wasn't giving her enough attention... she was mad he wasn't giving her AS MUCH ATTENTION AS HE WAS GIVING "SOMEONE ELSE".

Then she felt she had to leave the apartment with him, so it seems that "someone else" was in the apartment.

Then they started to drive back to the apartment and she became SO upset she actually got out of the car and walked. And didn't even remember her cellphone, she was so mad.

And what's he do? Call "someone else" who is at the apartment. So, first he (may very well have) payed too much attention to "someone else" at the apartment. Then when he couldn't control Adrienne he DEFINITELY called "someone else" at the apartment to warn them/let them know she was on her way back. Who would that be... like, maybe the object of his attention earlier?

So then I ask myself, well, who was the person he called? And, was everything that person has told LE and media consistent with what more impartial observers have said?

If not, why might that be?

I'm not accusing anyone of anything but it sounds to me like Adrienne might have THOUGHT her BF and her roommate were fooling around and was freakin' LIVID about it, so much that she wouldn't even stick around the apartment after her wreck, she just GTFO of there.

KWIM, jellybean?

IMHOetc

(ETA - my details above were gotten from this link - http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...linas-left-home-after-argument-with-boyfriend )

Could never have said it this well, but this is what I've been thinking.

And I worry that secret someone might be protected by people at that party if anyone knew of he and Adrienne leaving together, if that's what happened.

I think it is likely however that she probably snuck back out to meet this guy and didn't want her friends to be privy to her secret relationship - this explaining why no one saw her leave. She didn't want anyone to know she was cheating on the BF and for them to tell him.

AS and her BF had an on and off again rations hip for years. The idea of a third party coming into AS life during one of these "off" periods is highly likely IMO. And she could have kept him on the side. That would explain an MO as well: he kidnapped/harmed her bc she wouldn't pick him. She always kept going back to the bf as this guy played second fiddle.

:seeya:
Please remember no discussing innocent people, unless these have been named as a POI by LE in an msm article related to this case or if we get a statement from the police that these persons are suspects.

If you have questions pm a mod.

TIA

Quoting myself as a reminder to all...
Please thank this post so I know you saw it.

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member