Silver Alert AZ - Alicia Navarro, 14, autistic, Glendale, 16 Sep 2019

PayrollNerd

Reaction score
If Alicia is still out there, would she still look a lot like the pictures from 2019?
At age 14, I'd say yes, for the most part. Facial bones grow at different rates. So she may have a prominent upper or lower jaw for a period of time and then maybe prominent cheekbones, etc. That was the way it was with my oldest and we kept having to wait for her jaw bones to slow their growth for her braces. I can't remember if Alicia still had her braces on at the time she left. If she did, that would be a key identifier on remains. In addition, if they were removed, there could be stains or outlines due to lack of routine care.

Maybe if she looks a little different now it would be maturity combined with makeup and possibly shaping her eye brows.

margarita25

Reaction score
‎The Vanished Podcast: Alicia Navarro on Apple Podcasts

“In the early morning hours of September 15, 2019, then-14-year-old Alicia Navarro gathered her laptop and her phone, wrote out a short note for her mom, and headed for the backyard of her family home. Once there, she stacked some chairs and climbed over the first wall around her home, then stacked a pile of leftover bricks to climb the outer wall. Alicia made it over the barriers designed to protect her family’s home and vanished into the darkness that morning. She has not been seen since.
If you have any information about the disappearance of Alicia Navarro, you are urged to call the Glendale Police Department at 623-930-3000. You may also contact the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST.
You can follow Alicia's case on Facebook at: Finding Alicia.”

Shiningstar

Alicia Navarro... Praying for a resolution!
Reaction score
<modsnip- quoted post removed>
Hi and welcome to websleuths.

This case haunts me and has done since I heard about it, since you are local, I assume you would know who are investigating and where to send tips...but?

Honestly - no matter how small a tip you may feel it is, please send it to LE. It could be nothing or it could be the key, send it on to any law enforcement.

I pray Alicia is found soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
met up with a boy she had a crush on and something bad happened.

Or maybe she was supposed to meet up with a boy but got kidnapped by someone (who saw the opportunity) on her way. However, I feel like if that was the case the boy would've came forward and admitted the meeting up plans and Alicia's failure to show up or maybe they are too young/afraid to admit it because they think they'll get into trouble or become a prime suspect.

Tiff23fr

Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics
Staff member
Reaction score
Mod Note:
Several posts have been removed from thread for the following violations:
-Linking to and discussing unapproved YouTube or Blog Sources
-Referencing comments on unapproved discussion boards
-Referring to conversations with Family Members by Posters not verified as insiders
-other information without a link to the source

As a reminder, WS is a fact based discussion forum and links to outside sources on case information beyond MSM and LE statements require pre-approval.

For new members just joining the discussion, a complete list of the rules can be found here and should be reviewed in advance of posting to the conversation:
The Rules

IF you have any questions, please click on the “Report” hyperlink in any post to direct your question to a member of the mod team.

Thanks for your participation and understanding,
Tiff

Last edited:

rosesfromangels

Amateur speculations and opinion only
Reaction score
Just came across Alicia's case, and thought I'd jump in!
I only read the first two pages and last page of posts, which enables me to share my speculations without being influenced by group consensus. You may have already proven or disproven some of my speculations.

Glendale Police, family held news conference one year after Alicia Navarro disappeared

According to the Fox news article posted, Alicia was last seen during the early-morning hours of September 15, 2019, near the area of 43rd Avenue and Bethany Home Road. This would seem to confirm that Alicia left voluntarily, and was not initially kidnapped. As to whether she ultimately became unable to come back home is unknown.

My first question is motive. Was there a compelling reason Alicia felt she needed to leave home? Was there anyone who had access to her that was harming her or causing her distress? That is the first box I would want checked.

Coping status. I found some of the statements about Alicia conflictual. I understand that autism functioning can oscillate dependent on a variety of factors. However, I did find the characterizations of Alicia's functioning and activities in conflict more than a couple times in what I read.

There are two places I would focus my attention. First, her two closest friends. Kids share everything with their besties, and they would at least know if someone "special" had come in to her life. They may not know who or where they live, but they will know there is someone.

Braces. It looks like Alicia had braces when she left home in Sept. 2019. Those braces would have to have been adjusted or removed, (working on the assumption she is still alive). This is an angle I would vigorously pursue.

Sadly, the Perp is likely a pedophile or trafficker, and if alive, Alicia has likely ended up in Mexico for sexploytation. The best case scenario (if you can call it that), is that Alicia met some socially, developmentally delayed gamer who she is living with somewhere off the grid. While anything is possible, the former, rather than the latter is more likely.

Finally, while I"m not aware that current thinking would suggest this, I would not rule out someone in her close circle who had access to her, inflicting mortal harm.

Allegedly, and amateur opinion and speculation only

Unsolved

Reaction score
1. Yeah I agree. What 14 year old girl has a burner phone? Idk, I just find that extremely unlikely.

Sorry my response is so late to this thread post but I just started reading it. :)

I just wanted to add that another case I am following also had a 14 year old girl with a burner phone - 14 yr old Aaliyah Ramirez missing from Indiana. When I read Aaliyah's thread I also thought why would a 14 year old have a burner phone?

So now I would tend to believe the boys stories about Alicia having a burner phone. JMO. Scary huh? Somehow we have to do a better job in teaching "stranger danger" to kids, though then I consider all the catfishing going on with elderly people and $$$!

JayLee#99

Reaction score
I recently found myself asking the same question when my 14-year-old son was telling me about his friend having a burner phone. He explained to me that when his friend gets in trouble he loses phone privileges. So, he bought a burner phone and he uses that when his phone gets taken from his parents and they are unaware of the second phone. That may not be the case with this but it could be an explanation as to why a 14-year-old would have a burner phone.
Sorry my response is so late to this thread post but I just started reading it. :)

I just wanted to add that another case I am following also had a 14 year old girl with a burner phone - 14 yr old Aaliyah Ramirez missing from Indiana. When I read Aaliyah's thread I also thought why would a 14 year old have a burner phone?

So now I would tend to believe the boys stories about Alicia having a burner phone. JMO. Scary huh? Somehow we have to do a better job in teaching "stranger danger" to kids, though then I consider all the catfishing going on with elderly people and $$$!

confetticake

Reaction score
Hi! Just found this website, y'all are doing great work.

Do any of you know what apps she had on her phone/is there any way to check that through iCloud?

In 2019 I was groomed by someone on an app called Yubo. My situation and Alicia's seem eerily similar (we are similar ages, man tried to convince me to leave my family, etc) and maybe she met a predator through that app?

Note: I have already contacted LE with inf0rmation about my situation because I thought it may have been useful, but nothing came out of it. I really hope she's found soon.

Giuc0

Reaction score
Sorry for coming late, but I have a question about Alicia's medical background.

Did she have a brain MRI? Because I haven't been dx with Autism Spectrum Disorder myself, but by perusing my birth medical record, my now retired GP sent me to a neurologist to get a brain MRI.
Sure enough! The MRI did show plenty of demyelinisation, to the point first neurologist feared that I had a neurodegenerative disease.
A second opinion and a staff meeting with pediatric and adult doctors concluded that my brain injury has been caused by cerebral anoxia at birth.
The definitive diagnosis for me is "sequelaes of perinatal brain injury".
I also have PTSD since kindergarten, way before I've been diagnosed with my disability.

Perinatal brain injury is found at all intelligence levels, even high IQ can have perinatal brain injury.
So, brain injury does not automatically equal to intellectual disability.

In my case, I am easily overwhelmed with sensorial input, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia and ADHD + anxiety and depression.
From my hospital psychiatrist and my treating psychiatrist, the dosage taken is not correlated with the severity of sequelaes: I have severe sequelaes but I need only a tiny amount of psych meds.
Brain injury changes sensitivity to psychoactive substances, even medications. Don't start with alcohol, street drugs... !!

My question is: did Alicia receive a diagnosis of brain injury?
Especially a perinatal brain injury.

Because ASD and brain injury are not contradictory. People with perinatal brain injury can have ASD.

ASD can go hand in hand with perinatal brain injury.

Because if Alicia has both of them, her disappearance is at even higher risk. Because her brain injury makes her issues with ASD worse (per my hospital psychiatrist).

rosesfromangels

Amateur speculations and opinion only
Reaction score
Hi! Just found this website, y'all are doing great work.

Do any of you know what apps she had on her phone/is there any way to check that through iCloud?

In 2019 I was groomed by someone on an app called Yubo. My situation and Alicia's seem eerily similar (we are similar ages, man tried to convince me to leave my family, etc) and maybe she met a predator through that app?

Note: I have already contacted LE with inf0rmation about my situation because I thought it may have been useful, but nothing came out of it. I really hope she's found soon.
Hi Confetticake, and welcome to WS; glad you're here contributing to the discussion! Your experience will be very valuable in discussing this case, so keep it coming!

Yes, LE can obtain info on her interactions with apps, but it requires a warrant and is not a speedy process; it has to be for compelling reasons. This, IWT, qualifies, but that is up to a Judge to decide.

As far as you contacting LE to share your experience, I'm not surprised they didn't reply. LE is always short staffed vs. their work load. They are only interested in tips that are super relevant to the case at hand. (E.g. "I saw her leaving a store with a man last Wed. I knew it was her because x, y, z. The license plate of the car was....). You get the point.

Keep your good thoughts coming, and again, welcome!

Amateur opinion and speculation

jinenji

Reaction score
back to post the link to well known true crime YouTuber, Kendall Rae, who often includes family members of missing persons in her videos as she did here with Jessica, Alicia’s mom.
**hoping this comment meets community guidelines as this video was made with Alicia’s mom consent and involvement**
Jessica’s appearances in the video:
2:06-2:33, 4:09-4:21, 5:14-5:38, 14:43-14:55, 20:33-20:50, 32:58
time stamps I found interesting/important:
6:46: for the 911 call Jessica made the morning of the disappearance
8:49: neighbor’s security camera caught a white truck entering the neighborhood and shortly leaving around the time it’s suspected Alicia left
9:23: it’s mentioned that Alicia was last online at 3:26 AM on Sept. 15, suggesting she left between 3:30 AM to 7 AM, the time that Jessica had woken up.
11:29: potential sighting of Alicia by one of her siblings’ friends, four days after she went missing, around 4 PM, claiming she was with an older male, tattoos and darker skin. tattoos described being on the hands and arms. this sighting was at La Pradera Park on 39th Ave, in Glendale. about 1.5 miles from her home. this sighting is also backed up by a frequent visitor of the park who said he did see her with a darker skin male with tattoos.
16:00: mention of changes leading up to the disappearance such as wearing body spray, listening to older rock bands, makeup, revealing clothes. the infamous $200 Ironman comic that was taken with her. the mall meet up with two other boys that brought up her sudden interest in fitness. discovery of the ripped open screen on Alicia’s window. all information I’d like to mention was discussed in Danelle Hallan’s video, so accuracy confirmed.
20:28: nonprofit organization, Anti-Predator, come into the picture through the private detective. Trent Steele is the name of the member who is working closely on the case.
21:46: Trent talks about the difficulty of Alicia taking her devices (laptop, phone) with her, as that’s usually the first things they look into.
22:11: Discord is confirmed to be an application Alicia frequently used
23:00: Sept. 4, Alicia messaged a “friend” through Discord, a 20yr old male in Oregon. telling him she had, “sold her Xbox and had a boyfriend now.” then the Thursday, before she left, she had told someone else she was gonna go to California, asking if he would like to go with her. (I’ve heard of this comment before but don’t remember her extending the invitation)
32:30: July 31 will be Alicia Navarro Community Awareness day, where an event will be held to discuss internet safety and in honor of Alicia where parents and anyone can come to show support. Jessica is an outspoken advocate for human trafficking and internet safety, if you are in Arizona/Glendale area please find time to attend.
I discovered this case early 2020, and have tried to keep track of it ever since. I try to keep this thread as active as possible. also don’t forget to check out Jessica’s Facebook and TikTok page to show support!

Londonrraine

Reaction score
Alicia is of the vulnerable. Tech savvy but left her chargers at home? No, someone instructed her every step of the way and lured her out of her home, IMO, and that person (s) smart.
I've always felt that she's not outside a 5 mile radius, but that's just my gut. Idk, but I think the many RSO's in the area should be revisited, if they weren't already.
It wouldn't be the first time someone being held against her will was over looked by LE.
And what IS LE doing?

whiterhino

Reaction score
A teacher is a good suggestion! LE probably went down that road early on but teachers often know about the gossip that goes on at school. Wonder if LE looked into Alicias' online history at school?

Something about Alicias' disappearance seems less like a "typical" HT situation and more like one individual. Whoever it was, they must have been around in the early hours of 3 a.m on a Monday (Sept 16 2019 was a Monday). Guess they didn't have other responsibilities or anyone who would notice them out past 3a.m? Also assuming they had a vehicle and an amount of privacy/space.

Is the white truck relevant or not? By now I'd think LE would have sorted out who the truck belonged to, where it went, how long it was there for and why etc. I keep going back to the Iron Man comic book. $200 is a lot of money and it's so specific. This has to be some kind of "tell". Or red herring?

Whoever it was must have been very familiar and convincing in order to get Alicia outside at 3a.m. Even more convincing if she willingly went anywhere after that. Otherwise being in a moving vehicle, taken by force (weapon/violence/drugs) are the only ways I see anyone going anywhere. Alicia was close to home, on foot and in her own neighborhood. What else could have stopped her from turning around and running back home?

trixmix12812

Reaction score
I have read through this whole thread. I signed up for an account here just to say this. I don’t want to sound like some sicko, but have the police investigated and ruled out the step father who was asleep on the couch? And or the mother, obviously she has been investigated?

Also, question... was it the morning of September 15th at 1 am, that Alicia came down for the glass of water? Why then did the mother not call later that morning on the 15th? From what I see the mother called police in the morning on September 16th. She didn’t know she was gone, the entire day of September 15th?

Last edited:

trixmix12812

Reaction score
Concerning my last reply to this thread... I am in no way accusing anyone in her family whatsoever. I just have questions.