Silver Alert AZ - Alicia Navarro, 14, autistic, Glendale, 16 Sep 2019

Dre

Reaction score
Any idea why the fb page disappeared? Anyone able to see if it’s still around?

Hate when alerts/pages/info goes down without the person being found, just makes the whole thing more confusing and those doubts NEVER help a case gain traction...often the opposite. One wrong move and interest and news slows down and it’s not fair for the person missing.. our attention spans have been ruined..

Can’t wait til Alicia is found safe and sound!!

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
From Univision Arizona, translated with Google Translate (summarized by me).

OCT 5, 2019
https://www.univision.com/local/ari...-navarro-el-dia-de-su-desaparicion-en-arizona
  • Glendale police have released Jessica Nunez's 911 emergency call.
  • Alicia's mother explains to the operator that when she woke up, the back door of her home was open and there were chairs piled up - they are believed to have been used to jump the yard.
  • She also says that her daughter's phone is off.
  • Investigators have confirmed that they are still searching for Alicia.
  • O'Neill said the department needs the public's help to be the "eyes and ears" to find new clues about her whereabouts.

Lostintheclouds

Reaction score
Any idea why the fb page disappeared? Anyone able to see if it’s still around?

Hate when alerts/pages/info goes down without the person being found, just makes the whole thing more confusing and those doubts NEVER help a case gain traction...often the opposite. One wrong move and interest and news slows down and it’s not fair for the person missing.. our attention spans have been ruined..

Can’t wait til Alicia is found safe and sound!!

I can try to find out but I think it was just too confusing for the admin (family) in my opinion. Not sure if anything else but possibly weird messages ..that's been an issue with other pages I've seen. Social media is a bit much right now and her moms page being public (last I saw at least) and all.

I cant believe it's still going on

Shin Masamura

Him who is without syntax cast out the 1st pronoun
Reaction score
I can try to find out but I think it was just too confusing for the admin (family) in my opinion. Not sure if anything else but possibly weird messages ..that's been an issue with other pages I've seen. Social media is a bit much right now and her moms page being public (last I saw at least) and all.

I cant believe it's still going on
Yes a common thing i've seen by people trying to run missing sites in the early stages of their loved ones going missing..

Lostintheclouds

Reaction score
Our local news just posted today actually. Pommy you're the one that's good at clipping..lol.

I'm glad they are updating despite there being no new updates. I'm thankful for news sources like this one. An update of "shes still missing" is like a bump IRL and keeps her name and face in MSM.

Search continues for missing Glendale girl with autism

Last edited:

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Our local news just posted today actually. Pommy you're the one that's good at clipping..lol.

I'm glad they are updating despite there being no new updates. I'm thankful for news sources like this one. An update of "shes still missing" is like a bump IRL and keeps her name and face in MSM.

Search continues for missing Glendale girl with autism
;)

Noting:

[...]

"When she's on her own for this long that's a concern because of her age, her autism, her physical stature being very small in stature, very exploitable," said Sgt. Patrick Beumler with the Glendale Police Department.

Glendale Police say they have canvassed known sex offenders in the area and have responded to dozens of tips from people who believe they've spotted Alicia. There is still no sign of her.

[...]

"I just feel inside of me that she'll be back, I just have a feeling that she'll be back soon and I just don't lose that faith," said Jessica Nunez, Alicia's mother.

She thanks the community for giving her the strength to keep going.

[...]

Police say there is no indication that Alicia has left the area. They encourage people to keep an eye out for her and call police if you think you've seen her.

PayrollNerd

Reaction score
Provided she has not been trafficked, this child is so tech savvy, I wonder if she has created a whole new online identity. Online gamers have dedicated players and she could still be playing whatever she is fascinated with but under a different username. Someone could have brainwashed her into staying, threatened her or whatever to convince her not to reach out to her family online.

insearchoflight

Reaction score
Provided she has not been trafficked, this child is so tech savvy, I wonder if she has created a whole new online identity. Online gamers have dedicated players and she could still be playing whatever she is fascinated with but under a different username. Someone could have brainwashed her into staying, threatened her or whatever to convince her not to reach out to her family online.
If she is still ok, someone must be taking care of her (somewhere to stay/food/etc). I wonder if there is more to this story than we know? Could it be a family member? Where is her father? Just speculating. She’s very young and vulnerable, I don’t think she’s out there all on her own.

Shin Masamura

Him who is without syntax cast out the 1st pronoun
Reaction score
Where are you Alicia? This no news at all is so upsetting. I cannot find anything anywhere. So sad. I have to trust that LE knows far more than us and Alicia will return home as she promised. Please.
It is very troubling to say the least, its one thing being tech savy.. however to be vulnerable at the same time is what concerns me. The family is being very active, putting out messages directed for her as of this weekend. To be honest, I've exhausted all of her sub usernames, contacts on those accounts and nothing.. like almost ever being accessed. Also of note, being a gamer, she has logged on to any of her PC games either that I can tell from the labtop with the code that would generate from it UUID. I hope there are answers soon..

Lostintheclouds

Reaction score
Journalist with Univision (Spanish language news) posted today and it got auto translated.. it seems to say the search is going to extend across the border (Mexico) or at least her family is pushing for it. There is a video in Spanish. Sorry I'm not sure about fb links when it's a journalist posting it but cant find another source yet. If someone can translate that would be cool.
Liliana Salgado

rainynights

Reaction score
October 27, 2019
'It's just so out of character': Mother of missing Glendale teen still searching for answers 6 weeks after her daughter's disappearance

Alicia Navarro is now 15 years old and hasn't been seen since Sept. 15.

Glendale Police and the FBI have been trying to find her, but nearly a month and a half later, her mother [JN] is still left with questions.

[...]

"It's just so out of character. It's difficult because she's out there and I don't know how her safety or how is she coping," [JN] said.

Alicia has high-functioning autism. [JN] said Alicia left a note when she ran away.

"She told me she was going to come back. I know she'll find a way to come back home," [JN] said.

[...]