AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be very easy for police to determine when the killer left based on the alarm system even if it wasn't armed. Mine (and I'm sure most others) logs any time a door or window with a sensor is opened or closed. I frequently check the log from an app on my phone.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

It would be very easy for police to determine when the killer left based on the alarm system even if it wasn't armed. Mine (and I'm sure most others) logs any time a door or window with a sensor is opened or closed. I frequently check the log from an app on my phone.

Is it common with these alarm systems to have a panic buttons that can be placed in places throughout one's home that when the button is pressed will send out an alarm even if the system is not activated?

We don't know (do we?) if her system was connected directly to police or a monitoring service - I'm not up on new systems, with my old system, I do not have it to connected to anything, so it can be used simply as an intrusion system..

So, that whole sentence about the bad guy being caught on video at 1:05 is opinion?

For some reason I have been accepting it as fact. Note to self: links! Links! Links! How many times have we all read that here?

In any case, I'm still thinking that if the actor were someone in Allison's immediate circle it would have been a slam-dunk and he would have been implicated long ago - in view of the apparent mess at the crime scene. I agree that someone in her immediate circle may have hired someone to do it, in which case not so much of a slam-dunk.

Although I'm still getting an obsessed teenage neighbor vibe, I think the hired gun is a possibility.

This is all my opinion. Except for requiring links before accepting anything as true: that's a fact, Jack!

So, that whole sentence about the bad guy being caught on video at 1:05 is opinion?

For some reason I have been accepting it as fact. Note to self: links! Links! Links! How many times have we all read that here?

In any case, I'm still thinking that if the actor were someone in Allison's immediate circle it would have been a slam-dunk and he would have been implicated long ago - in view of the apparent mess at the crime scene. I agree that someone in her immediate circle may have hired someone to do it, in which case not so much of a slam-dunk.

Although I'm still getting an obsessed teenage neighbor vibe, I think the hired gun is a possibility.

This is all my opinion. Except for requiring links before accepting anything as true: that's a fact, Jack!

Yes, it's obvious to me it was noone she knew personally. I don't think it was a hit at all either, that's way too far out. I think it was someone with a crush on her and saw the BF leave and knew she was alone. So LE has the killer's DNA, then go find the person it matches. Do what they did in that case, Raleigh N.C. and interview all the neighbors and take swabs.

Is it common with these alarm systems to have a panic buttons that can be placed in places throughout one's home that when the button is pressed will send out an alarm even if the system is not activated?

We don't know (do we?) if her system was connected directly to police or a monitoring service - I'm not up on new systems, with my old system, I do not have it to connected to anything, so it can be used simply as an intrusion system..

There are so many security system out there, who knows but LE, the security company, AF's family, bf, and the perp.
My dad's system was directly linked to the security company via land line (phone) back in the late 70's. If the alarm went off (and it was audible so the entire neighborhood heard it), SPD be there in about 5 minutes if the security company didn't get an answer to a "security call" or the right "password" if someone answered the phone. It had 3 panic buttons, one at the top of the stairwell on the 2nd floor, one in the kitchen which was central on the first floor, and one at the garage door. 2 motion sensors, 1 in the stair well, another in the breakfast room that covered entry ways to the kitchen, dinning room, pantry, utility room, hallway to garage, and outdoor patio to the pool. It was a "hard key" system. No keypads.
There aren't any monitoring companies out in the boonies where I live now, so my cameras' feeds are stored on a removable hardrive that re-writes every 30 days, and "realtime" uploaded to a dedicated IP address that stores everything for as long as I want it.
The current standard is security monitoring running through your modem/Wi-Fi directly to the monitoring company.

There are so many security system out there, who knows but LE, the security company, AF's family, bf, and the perp.
My dad's system was directly linked to the security company via land line (phone) back in the late 70's. If the alarm went off (and it was audible so the entire neighborhood heard it), SPD be there in about 5 minutes if the security company didn't get an answer to a "security call" or the right "password" if someone answered the phone. It had 3 panic buttons, one at the top of the stairwell on the 2nd floor, one in the kitchen which was central on the first floor, and one at the garage door. 2 motion sensors, 1 in the stair well, another in the breakfast room that covered entry ways to the kitchen, dinning room, pantry, utility room, hallway to garage, and outdoor patio to the pool. It was a "hard key" system. No keypads.
There aren't any monitoring companies out in the boonies where I live now, so my cameras' feeds are stored on a removable hardrive that re-writes every 30 days, and "realtime" uploaded to a dedicated IP address that stores everything for as long as I want it.
The current standard is security monitoring running through your modem/Wi-Fi directly to the monitoring company.

Thanks Bernina, your dad's system sounds like my outdated system...

Mine has a panic button on the keypad on the wall by the door. In my old apartment there was a panic button on the wall in the master bedroom.

I'm guessing if she just put the system in it's highly likely that it was monitored. Monitoring is pretty cheap these days so why not. The only people I know who don't pay for monitoring have older systems and they let the monitoring plan expire and just keep the equipment.

My alarm system is a year old. It supposedly was the newest type when we had it installed. Well,that's what the company told us. We have 2 panic buttons. One is on the keypad and one is upstairs in the master BR. We also have an app on our iPhones. The app can be used as a panic button when a code is put in.

My alarm system is a year old. It supposedly was the newest type when we had it installed. Well,that's what the company told us. We have 2 panic buttons. One is on the keypad and one is upstairs in the master BR. We also have an app on our iPhones. The app can be used as a panic button when a code is put in.

Could she possibly have had her phone out to try this feature or even call 9-1-1 and that is why her phone is missing? The police said she fought hard so I would assume (as a 30 something female) that would include trying to access her phone to get help in one fashion or another. JMO

It's possible,but if she was able to contact 911 or if she has a panic button, I would assume it would have been at the very beginning of the attack. If she was able to do this, I would assume LE would have responded immediately. We have 2 sensors in our house. Once when we were out my one of my dogs set it off. The alarm co. called and since there was no answer, LE was at the house when we came home. Ugh! Now we bypass the sensors when we leave the house.

It's possible,but if she was able to contact 911 or if she has a panic button, I would assume it would have been at the very beginning of the attack. If she was able to do this, I would assume LE would have responded immediately. We have 2 sensors in our house. Once when we were out my one of my dogs set it off. The alarm co. called and since there was no answer, LE was at the house when we came home. Ugh! Now we bypass the sensors when we leave the house.

Someone was obviously clever enough to completely disable her iPhone so that she would have been unable to make calls to 911 or do anything else with it. If there was an argument, she might have picked up her phone and threatened to call 911 and that would have been the last of that phone.

imo

I just looked at my camera app on my IPad. I can bring each camera screen shot up to the size of the IPad screen. I can see, my neighbor directly across the street's , front door and garage door perfectly.

Not to bore you with my camera stories,but at night it's very difficult to make out much other than a figure. My next door neighbor's asked us to review our cameras because they were having an issue with someone ringing their bell a few night and when they went to answer,no one was there. My son reviewed the pictures over a few nights and he could see was a figure. They didn't have any outside lights on. Turned out it was a young teenager that lived down the block,just playing games. I don't know if he would been able to to see him better if they had on any outside lights.

Not to bore you with my camera stories,but at night it's very difficult to make out much other than a figure. My next door neighbor's asked us to review our cameras because they were having an issue with someone ringing their bell a few night and when they went to answer,no one was there. My son reviewed the pictures over a few nights and he could see was a figure. They didn't have any outside lights on. Turned out it was a young teenager that lived down the block,just playing games. I don't know if he would been able to to see him better if they had on any outside lights.

You're definitely not boring us with your camera stories. I find this to be highly relevant and probably why the perp cannot be identified leaving (if this is the case). imo

Other than giving the time and seeing how many people,it seems having cameras is almost useless at night.

I find it interesting that one of AF friends posted on FB that she spoke with AF Tuesday & said she (AF) was "doing great" That would've been less than 24 hrs before the murder took place.

Mary, I hope if this is the case, that LE interviewed the person who posted that on Allison's very public FB timeline, because in that conversation Allison might have told her other things that could be highly relevant to this case.

In fact, it's possible she might have even told her what she was doing and who she was with at the time, provided she wasn't alone when that call was made or received. I saw that too. I believe that person (who is a female) lives here too. imo

But, I think she just posted that she "talked to AF" that day. So we don't know if she saw her in person or spoke with her on the phone. Do we?

I would imagine that LE has investigators who have thoroughly examined Allison's FB timeline, photos, posts she made, posts others made, likes by others, friends of hers on FB, etc. At least, I think they would. Wouldn't you? imo

Mary, I hope if this is the case, that LE interviewed the person who posted that on Allison's very public FB timeline, because in that conversation Allison might have told LE other things that could be highly relevant to this case. I saw that too. I believe that person (who is a female) lives here too. imo

I would imagine that LE has investigators who have thoroughly examined Allison's FB timeline, photos, posts she made, posts others made, likes by others, friends of hers on FB, etc. At least, I think they would. Wouldn't you? imo
Hopefully they have gone through it with a fine tooth comb. I definitely think its someone who was close to her who killed her. Apparently LE is leaning that direction based on their comments. Too many red flags to dismiss someone close to her as having committed this horrible act of violence. Although I may be 100% wrong in my thoughts.

Hopefully they have gone through it with a fine tooth comb. I definitely think its someone who was close to her who killed her. Apparently LE is leaning that direction based on their comments. Too many red flags to dismiss someone close to her as having committed this horrible act of violence. Although I may be 100% wrong in my thoughts.

I agree totally, Mary. imo

I am not sleuthing the BF but did someone say he spoke at her funeral? I wonder if he was helping her father in the boxing of her belongings at her home this week seeing as he was going to be her fiancé.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie