Found Deceased AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #4 *Arrest*

(snipped by me) Random killers do linger, they take showers and try to destroy evidence. EAR/ONS/GoldenStateKiller ate food and ransacked homes of people unknown to him. Personally I think it was someone living or staying close to her home, within blocks. He was watching her from the back of her home and attacked when he thought the time was right.

Agree - my first choice... Probably a one time thing for him, thought he could get lucky with her, she knew him from the neighborhood, maybe said hello to him and got wrong impression, he's not a criminal and little likelihood of his dna getting into the system, likely won't do it again --- making it very difficult to solve this case.

Agree - my first choice... Probably a one time thing for him, thought he could get lucky with her, she knew him from the neighborhood, maybe said hello to him and got wrong impression, he's not a criminal and little likelihood of his dna getting into the system, likely won't do it again --- making it very difficult to solve this case.

That's exactly why I said over and over, SPD should have taken DNA from all the neighbors, just like that case someone mentioned on here in their neighborhood where it was done and the guy was caught because he refused to give it. JMO

That's exactly why I said over and over, SPD should have taken DNA from all the neighbors, just like that case someone mentioned on here in their neighborhood where it was done and the guy was caught because he refused to give it. JMO

Unless, he was someone from a store where she bought groceries, a gym where she worked out, an employee at one of her customers or someone else involved with young burn patients. Yet, I can't get over that there was no forced entry per this article not long after the murder. Her door was unlocked? Someone she knew? If it was someone she knew that well, you'd think LE would know who such people were via interviews.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-no...nd-dead-in-home-had-head-injury-documents-say

Unless, he was someone from a store where she bought groceries, a gym where she worked out, an employee at one of her customers or someone else involved with young burn patients. Yet, I can't get over that there was no forced entry per this article not long after the murder. Her door was unlocked? Someone she knew? If it was someone she knew that well, you'd think LE would know who such people were via interviews.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-no...nd-dead-in-home-had-head-injury-documents-say

Since, if I recall correctly, she had told her BF leave not too long before, perhaps she mistakenly thought it was him returning and mistakenly opened the door...

Where Allison comes from the upper Midwest, you always stay friendly with your neighbors. So if she recognized this guy from the neighborhood, she would have wanted to open the door.

I'm wondering where LE came up with the theory that the murderer was a visitor from out of town. Something in the trace evidence at the scene?

Going back through reports it appears that she was home for a few hours and made phone calls to a parent and a friend. Then LE said her home security system recorded someone leaving - opening a door at 1AM? But what time did they arrive and how?
BBM Investigators in MA trying to ID Baby Doe (later ID'd as Bella Bond), determined she was local by analyzing pollen on her clothing and isotopes found in hair and bone. Investigators in AF's murder may have found hair and clothing fibers in AF's home that do not belong to AF or her BF, with pollen and isotopes not common to the Scottsdale area.

Statements that this was targeted, that AF did not know her killer well, and that the killer may be from out of town are not necessarily conflicting. AF traveled for work. She could have met the perp briefly on her travels, or spoke to him over the telephone. I remember a young coworker years ago that had a client in another state who was too flirty for her comfort. He even told her that if he was ever in the area, he would stop by to see her/ look her up (something of that nature).

SM also puts people at risk. A friend of a friend, planning to visit in the area, might have noticed that AF lived there, did a little research on her before leaving town, and decided she would be "a good target." It would not be too difficult to learn a few things about someone from SM and then look them up. MOO

Since, if I recall correctly, she had told her BF leave not too long before, perhaps she mistakenly thought it was him returning and mistakenly opened the door...

read about this young lady yesterday and read posts to catch up:
some questions:
1) early post in Thread 1: did perp bring bleach with him: was it a local brand - something LE
Could have store pull up records for on that day or maybe day before
2) I read an article that said police know for a fact that a door opened and closed at 1am. Why do
They not know when perp entered since they have stated there was no forced entry.
3) could it be AF was already dead/ injured when BF left and he had someone come over and finish
Job and that's how they got someone else's DNA. I understand police said his DNA doesn't match.
4) suspicious her phone was turned off - was it actually in the off position?
5) it's hard for me to believe that AF would answer the door so late in the evening . She was 31 and living
By herself. To open that door she would definitely know that person and again why doesn't
Her alarm show what time?
6) why call her parents and ask if she was traveling? He was her fiancé and I would think he would know answer
to that question. If he was so worried about her why didn't he just drive over and check on her. I know he "found her" but he called parents first and obviously lives in the same city.
All JMO.

I've gone back and reread several reports on Allison's case.
LE originally thought it might be 2 perps - this was in the first week and I can't find that article. Then they said it was one person and she knew her attacker. They later changed that to she didn't know her attacker:
http://phxux.12news.com/story/news/...etails-in-scottsdale-murder-mystery/25004555/

LE has stated several times since late March 2015 that the attacker left her house after 0100. I believe they know that from the security system she had installed 6 weeks prior. But at no time do they say how the attacker got in or when. If Allison did not know her attacker that would seem to leave out that she opened her door to someone she knew. (Maybe this is one of those things LE holds back as only the killer would know.) Of course, Old Steve points out that since the BF had just left, maybe she thought it was him coming back.

I know I've seen one video where LE states that they have a theory that the killer is from outside the Scottsdale area and may have only been there visiting.

Trying to remember, I thought LE knew time attacker left because of neighbor's security video (they could actually see the perp). I thought Allison did not have her security system on, and it was of no use in the case. Correct me if I'm wrong on this..

Trying to remember, I thought LE knew time attacker left because of neighbor's security video (they could actually see the perp). I thought Allison did not have her security system on, and it was of no use in the case. Correct me if I'm wrong on this..

I'm not too clear on that either. I don't know if a neighbor's system captured him leaving or if her security system recorded a door opening and closing sometime after 0100.

[FONT=&amp]"The security system records the activity anytime a window is open or closed," said McWilliams. "We know that there was a door open when the killer left the residence at approximately 1 a.m."[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]So then what happened during those five hours between when her sister last talked to her, and the suspected killer left her home? The crime seemed too up-close and personal to be random.

http://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/03/28/unsolved-young-woman-found-murdered-in-scottsdale-home/

From what I can remember, the time of 1am was the time the suspect left the house, but we were left to speculate as to how they knew this. I remember us talking about a neighbors camara maybe catching the perp leaving but I think it was a rumor. ( would have to go back and look). Much later in the investigation, it was reported that the 1 am time was from data from her security system. If I'm wrong, please correct me.
LE has not released whether the system registered a door or window opening to let him in .Just that there was no forced entry. So, either it was off and later turned on? ( doubtful, doesnt make sense). Or a door or window was open and he just came in? If it was on, and she let him in, that would be recorded in the system.
My thought is.... that her system was on and he entered through an open door. And there is no record of it. But recorded him leaving[/FONT]

[FONT=&]"The security system records the activity anytime a window is open or closed," said McWilliams. "We know that there was a door open when the killer left the residence at approximately 1 a.m."[/FONT]
[FONT=&]So then what happened during those five hours between when her sister last talked to her, and the suspected killer left her home? The crime seemed too up-close and personal to be random.

http://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/03/28/unsolved-young-woman-found-murdered-in-scottsdale-home/

From what I can remember, the time of 1am was the time the suspect left the house, but we were left to speculate as to how they knew this. I remember us talking about a neighbors camara maybe catching the perp leaving but I think it was a rumor. ( would have to go back and look). Much later in the investigation, it was reported that the 1 am time was from data from her security system. If I'm wrong, please correct me.
LE has not released whether the system registered a door or window opening to let him in .Just that there was no forced entry. So, either it was off and later turned on? ( doubtful, doesnt make sense). Or a door or window was open and he just came in? If it was on, and she let him in, that would be recorded in the system.
My thought is.... that her system was on and he entered through an open door. And there is no record of it. But recorded him leaving[/FONT]

Interesting stuff - would think if her system recorded 1am time, it would have shown the first time her door or window was opened. Maybe it did and LE doesn't want it known. It appears the system records the doors/windows regardless of when it's activated, but maybe has some kind of programmable feature that does that only at certain times...

Interesting stuff - would think if her system recorded 1am time, it would have shown the first time her door or window was opened. Maybe it did and LE doesn't want it known. It appears the system records the doors/windows regardless of when it's activated, but maybe has some kind of programmable feature that does that only at certain times...

When my system is unarmed (it is always on), it still records an open door or window and where in the house. When it is on, the alarm sounds.

In March, 2016 I spoke with an individual with SPD (Scottsdale PD) and at that time, the individual stated that this (AF) is the only unsolved murder in Scottsdale currently. My gut feeling is that this was someone AF knew casually (maybe for a very short period of time). Maybe nobody (not even her friends) knew about him. Maybe a fling? Maybe a co-worker or "unavailable" male whom she kept secret from even her closest friends. We know that the perp stayed at her place for a substantial period of time. I just have a hard time believing a random attacker would linger. Was this someone she may have invited over for a drink or something and things took a terrible turn??? JMO I think SPD needs to re-interview the friends, neighbors and co-workers. We need this back in the news.

THANK YOU. THIS is exactly what I have thought all along but have been reticent to posit here.

In March, 2016 I spoke with an individual with SPD (Scottsdale PD) and at that time, the individual stated that this (AF) is the only unsolved murder in Scottsdale currently. My gut feeling is that this was someone AF knew casually (maybe for a very short period of time). Maybe nobody (not even her friends) knew about him. Maybe a fling? Maybe a co-worker or "unavailable" male whom she kept secret from even her closest friends. We know that the perp stayed at her place for a substantial period of time. I just have a hard time believing a random attacker would linger. Was this someone she may have invited over for a drink or something and things took a terrible turn??? JMO I think SPD needs to re-interview the friends, neighbors and co-workers. We need this back in the news.

I had to come back this one, too. Someone she knew, but her friends and family didn't. Maybe someone she didn't talk much about, but wasn't intentionally trying to keep it secret. She was in sales. I'm trying to remember the nature of her sales job. Did she call on hospitals? Doctor's offices? There are a load of people she met and could have been friendly with if this involved sales calls. A person with a friendly personality can do well in sales. But I wonder if it couldn't be someone who took that the wrong way. I would hope she kept a journal of her sales calls. Our Dad was in sales and he made calls. He recorded his calls in a journal and made notes about what was successful and what wasn't and who he met with during the call. This day in age a sales rep would probably keep it on a computer.

LE said they believed it was someone from out of town. Did she go to medical conferences? Someone she met at a few of such conferences and now they were in Scottsdale. Arizona would be a nice place to visit in the winter. Could it be someone she counted as simply an acquaintance from conferences and happened to be in town? Many folks don't have landlines any more, choosing to go only with a cell phone. But I wonder if Allison had a landline? A local call on a landline is not going to show up on a phone bill and such a person could have called that way.

The mention of a conference has me back reviewing, fwiw.

Snipped...
...Allison Feldman worked in sales for a Swedish medical-device company and graduated from the University of Arizona, where she studied Spanish and communications. She remained in Arizona after college partly because of the much warmer weather, Harley Feldman said.

He last spoke with his daughter Tuesday night. She was excited for a business trip to a resort and had just bought a new dress. She also got a positive performance review at work.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/more-questions-than-answers-in-arizona-womans-murder-case/

I think the parents should hire a private investigator. This has gone on so long.

:bump: for Miss Feldman!!!!!!!!!

Just reading about national DNA databases & 'familial searching'...wondering if It has been employed in the search for Allison's killer.

Snipped...
...Familial searching is a process by which investigators look for partial matches between crime scene DNA profiles and the DNA profiles of individuals stored on a DNA database. This can be used to identify a relative of the suspect who can then be interviewed, potentially leading to the suspect’s identification and perhaps a successful prosecution. Familial searching leads to a long list of partial matches which must be shortened by additional DNA testing and/or other policework.

http://dnapolicyinitiative.org/resources/dna-databases-and-human-rights/

(perhaps a relative of the killer has already been identified...)

:thinking:

:dunno:

Hopefully the silence is a sign of progress behind the scenes.

:please:

I didn't start following this one till late and now I'm not seeing much on this one. I suppose there won't be much until there is a break in the case such as an arrest of the murderer for another crime and their DNA matches.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back