Found Deceased AZ - Angela Tramonte, 31, hiking w/ off-duty LE, met on Instagram, Phoenix, 30 Jul 2021

What would the motive be? Where would the opportunity be?

They were seen going in opposite directions: Him up, her down.

As far as not bringing water, it appears they were likely attracted by mutual interest in physical activity/fitness. As we can see from the pictures of the cop in the parking lot, he's fine. I imagine he assumed she was at that level of fitness too.

I really don't see any cause for a criminal case. He might be guilty of not being chivalrous though.

What would the motive be? Where would the opportunity be?

They were seen going in opposite directions: Him up, her down.

As far as not bringing water, it appears they were likely attracted by mutual interest in physical activity/fitness. As we can see from the pictures of the cop in the parking lot, he's fine. I imagine he assumed she was at that level of fitness too.

I really don't see any cause for a criminal case. He might be guilty of not being chivalrous though.

I just felt that there were too many oddities to be just accidental. I'm surprised there isn't more.

Another updated article:
Tramonte's mother says she is angry and frustrated and believes the off-duty police officer her daughter was hiking with should bear some responsibility for her death.

"I'm frustrated because I lost the love of my life because of someone who is still walking around … and doesn't have a freaking care in the world," said Nancy Tramonte, Angela's mother. "I need to find out the truth … I need my questions answered, and no one wants to do that for me."

"At this time there is no evidence to indicate foul play is suspected in connection with Ms. Tramonte’s tragic death," read a portion of a statement released by Phoenix Police on Aug. 2.

Her mother added, "She thought because he was a police officer that she was safe and she wasn’t."

She believes Phoenix Police need to further investigate her daughter's death.
Hiker recalls seeing woman who died hiking with off-duty Phoenix officer on Camelback Mountain

Hypothetical question: Let's say that for whatever reason, police were able to obtain a warrant to search or monitor his phone or internet records, and this were to lead to something incriminating on his part (or anyone else for that matter), would the cause of death being declared accidental interfere with pursuing justice?

From the articles posted on this guy he seems like the kind of cop I really do not care for, most likely in law enforcement for the wrong reasons but I doubt he is a murderer.

I think it's pretty likely that he was remiss in what most of us consider to be his duty to serve and protect. Sadly, it has recently been decisively proven in courts of law that police have no such duty to protect us. In this case, even if there were extenuating circumstances I very much doubt they would have made it into any reports on the incident.

Sounds like they had a little disagreement on the trail. It was really hot. She headed back and he stormed off to the top. Maybe the trip hadn't been going so well and tensions kind of boiled over.

Not bringing water? I don't see that as really strange. They forgot or weren't smart. That's why we have a sad outcome. There are probably thousands of similar situations where the couple does bring water... and we never hear a word about their "date gone wrong."

Sounds like they had a little disagreement on the trail. It was really hot. She headed back and he stormed off to the top. Maybe the trip hadn't been going so well and tensions kind of boiled over.

Not bringing water? I don't see that as really strange. They forgot or weren't smart. That's why we have a sad outcome. There are probably thousands of similar situations where the couple does bring water... and we never hear a word about their "date gone wrong."

As a current online dater, I wonder if he wasn’t annoyed that she wasn’t as in shape as he may have thought. As other posters have said, there is a difference between being fitness obsessed and fitness conscious. In my own personal opinion, and having struggled myself with weight issues/body dysmorphia, I think she wanted to believe that she could do this hike with him. And I think he was perhaps bothered that she couldn’t. Maybe when they met up there was no water because there was no serious intent on this climb. Did they meet at all before this hike? Or was this literally their first meeting? Perhaps why there wasn’t any water is because they weren’t expecting to actually do a hike, but were expecting… something else. Again, I speak out of my own personal history, and shady experiences…. :)

Last edited:
Also I want to add, I am in my early 30s and have had serious health complications due to alcohol and malnutrition, and I have no doubts that had I been exposed to the heat and physical exertion of this site, I may have passed in the same way that she did. I’m not saying that he is innocent, and I am also not trying to accuse her of having issues that she didn’t have, I’m just saying that it is indeed possible that this was accidental.

Also I want to add, I am in my early 30s and have had serious health complications due to alcohol and malnutrition, and I have no doubts that had I been exposed to the heat and physical exertion of this site, I may have passed in the same way that she did. I’m not saying that he is innocent, and I am also not trying to accuse her of having issues that she didn’t have, I’m just saying that it is indeed possible that this was accidental.
I also think it was accidental but I do think he acted inappropriately. He shouldn't have gone ahead without her, whether she urged him to or not.

That said, they both made poor decisions. She had just traveled across the country by plane so she would have been dehydrated to some degree. Any dehydration is dangerous when out in the hot desert sun, especially so for someone who doesn't live in the desert. They should have taken water with them. And he should have known that.

I really feel for her family. I can't imagine their pain.

If he didn't have a history of lying, it would perhaps make sense because the desert is not kind at 104 degrees during the daylight hours. She was found around 5:30 PM? If I read correctly here; so that means, from 2:30 PM when the other people on the trail took their photo (perhaps mistakenly), for 3 hours she was alone or in the intense heat. If she got back down the mountain by 3PM, that is still 2 hours and heat stroke, you don't realize you are thirsty. Photo on Mt here, with time: Bachelor Party Hikers Saw Angela Tramonte and Police Officer Date Before She Was Found Dead: ‘It Did Not Appear To Be Amicable’

I'm 50, so considerably older than the young lady, and I haven't been an active exerciser in about 10 years. Last week, my husband and I had to clear out a few things from a storage unit in the Oklahoma heat. We had a Uhaul right next to the unit and plenty of water. After 20 minutes, I felt my heart pounding in my throat and immediately started resting in the air-conditioned uhaul with water. Nevertheless, I felt sick for the next 2 hours and was useless despite being in a/c with water. Maybe there's something wrong with me that I don't know about, but I can definitely see how even a young person without any water on a hike like that could become deathly ill. I was lucky to have my husband there just in case started feeling worse, so it's terrible that this guy just left her to her own devices.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back