Identified! AZ - Apache Junction, HispFem UP6349, 16-18, desert near Hwy60, Phnx Trnsit Sys token, ring, Aug'92 - Melody Harrison

Will a name be released?
Happy she's identified, and at the end of the day that's all that really matters.. but a part of me is so curious about who she was after all this time.
There hasn’t been any official confirmation of her identification yet, let alone a statement on whether or not her name will be released. I’m wondering if the Doe Network marked her case as identified due to her NamUs page having been removed, because neither the AJPD nor the DNA Doe Project have confirmed anything yet. Which isn’t unusual at all, I know that they don’t always announce a resolution immediately after an identification for various reasons. But even if her name is withheld, I’m sure they’ll at least confirm that she has been identified when they are able to do so.

The decades-long mystery surrounding the Apache Junction Jane Doe case has finally been resolved with the positive identification of the previously unnamed victim. After relentless efforts by Apache Junction Crime Scene Investigator Stephanie Bourgeois and innovative investigative genetic genealogy techniques deployed by the DNA Doe Project, the once unidentified woman has been identified as Melody Harrison, reported missing from Phoenix, Arizona.

The decades-long mystery surrounding the Apache Junction Jane Doe case has finally been resolved with the positive identification of the previously unnamed victim. After relentless efforts by Apache Junction Crime Scene Investigator Stephanie Bourgeois and innovative investigative genetic genealogy techniques deployed by the DNA Doe Project, the once unidentified woman has been identified as Melody Harrison, reported missing from Phoenix, Arizona.
Was there a cause of death? I kept looking after her NAMUS was pulled and couldn't find one.

She was found in a desert area south of US Highway 60 and west of Idaho Road in Apache Junction, Pinal County, Arizona. i dont think she got there by her own, it looks like somebody brought her there.

New artilcle:

The body was discovered in August 1992. An autopsy at the time failed to determine the cause of death, but investigators believe the body was in the area for nearly five weeks before the discovery was made.

Beautiful Melody, beautiful name and girl. She does look like her recon but more AA than Hispanic, even though she was multiracial (Hispanic, German, AA).
So happy she got her name back and her loved ones get closure.

It is interesting that she was actually reported missing. I suppose the report got misplaced or something over the years. It's not the first case where the person was reported missing and the dots should have been connected sooner.

It is interesting that she was actually reported missing. I suppose the report got misplaced or something over the years. It's not the first case where the person was reported missing and the dots should have been connected sooner.
Happened all the time before social media and centralized databases. Even happens today on occasion

"Melody’s family filed the initial missing person report through the Phoenix Police Department in June 1992. However, due to individuals coming forth to the family saying they had seen Melody in multiple locations, the family believed she started a new life and did not want to go home. She was removed from the missing person’s database in August 1996. Her family thought she was still alive."

It is interesting that she was actually reported missing. I suppose the report got misplaced or something over the years. It's not the first case where the person was reported missing and the dots should have been connected sooner.she was taken off the missing persons list in 1996

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back