Found Deceased AZ - Benjamin Anderson, 41, Car found burned, Phoenix, 31 Dec 2021

as completely horrific as this new info is (the poor family and friends). It is good that it is bringing this case into the news again and maybe someone will remember something that is helpful.

I am honestly so shocked at how quiet the news has been on this one. Nothing! No requests for information from the public. Someone who is VERY violent is free out there!

This case really haunts me. Benjamin sounds like he was such a good lovely man, the way his close friends described him and who tried so hard to find him. It's heartbreaking.
A horrific crime against an innocent person...and why? It's been nearly 9 months. Ben deserves justice, as do his family and friends.

I am honestly so shocked at how quiet the news has been on this one. Nothing! No requests for information from the public. Someone who is VERY violent is free out there!
It reminds me of the Scott Ratigan murder in Jan 2020. Complete silence from friends, family and LE. I get LE not releasing information to maintain investigative integrity but I am really stymied by hearing nothing from those that were close to Scott.

Man who found Benjamin Anderson’s body on fire in Arizona desert speaks out​

Reading the article made me realize I had a completely different idea of what a wash is. I got the idea that where he was found was similar to those concrete storm drains you find in Phoenix to channel rainwater. The wash Scott was found in was a natural channel formed in the desert topography that is carved out through intermittant flooding from heavy rainfall. He was much further out than I thought, even with the pinpointed info provided by a poster who lives in Phoenix.

Completely naked, bleeding and set on fire? What on earth did this poor man experience? It does not appear to be a stranger abduction to me.

Completely naked, bleeding and set on fire? What on earth did this poor man experience?
I just watched the video again, at around 2:00 she says the witness does not recall seeing blood or anything else.
The case has really bothered me from Day 1. This account just took it to another level. Naked, pushed or fell off a cliff, then someone set his head on fire? I can’t even imagine.

I just watched the video again, at around 2:00 she says the witness does not recall seeing blood or anything else.
The case has really bothered me from Day 1. This account just took it to another level. Naked, pushed or fell off a cliff, then someone set his head on fire? I can’t even imagine.

Yes, I remember him saying he didn't see any blood but apparently when the authorities arrived they stated they found blood in the wash.

While that was from 5 years ago and the policy and technology may have been updated since then, it’s still kind of mind-blowing that they would pay for cameras that can’t record
You will find that most state traffic cameras and many municipalities don't record. There are probably legal as well as logistic (it would take a lot of space to store the footage) reasons why.
The purpose of the camera systems is to monitor traffic flow, not provide historical records.

It is just horrifying to me that they have not made an arrest in this case yet. It seems like such a violent and gruesome crime, so there is a violent and horrible monster walking freely in the Phoenix area!

Bumping for Benjamin, and article from August I had not yet seen. Comments from relative are interesting…

”Dedeppo said his generosity occasionally led him to associate with people who weren’t really his peer group, but that doesn’t mean his fatal circumstances were necessarily brought on by that characteristic.”

Every time I'm notified of a post in this thread I'm hopeful that it's about an arrest. With suspects on video and an appreciable reward it seems like it should be solved by now. If he was known to associate with people "not in his peer group" that just is more people to interview. Seems it might be about time for some of that reward money to go towards hiring a PI before the trail goes too cold.

Every time I'm notified of a post in this thread I'm hopeful that it's about an arrest. With suspects on video and an appreciable reward it seems like it should be solved by now. If he was known to associate with people "not in his peer group" that just is more people to interview. Seems it might be about time for some of that reward money to go towards hiring a PI before the trail goes too cold.
This case seemed like it would be solvable, I thought for sure there would be a digital trail with bread crumbs.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcerPacer
Back