Identified! AZ - Coconino Co., human remains buried in yard, Apr'09 - Elsie Cantrell

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Kat, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/stories/ashfork-news-091509-missing-woman-remains.181e90923.html

10:34 AM Mountain Standard Time on Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cantrell had not been reported as a missing person.

2. Loading...

3. Mazama

Mazama New Member

How sad that the woman wasn't reported missing by anyone.

Obviously her own daughter didn't care. She's serving time for theft. I wonder if perhaps the daughter did the dirty deed and collected moms Social Security checks?

Rest in peace Elsie Cantrell.

Maz

:cow:

4. not_my_kids

not_my_kids New Member

These are the really sad ones.
    It's bad to know there is someone looking, but somehow, it's worse to know that there isn't anyone looking.

5. kingjim

kingjim New Member

I ran into this by accident but I do have to say something. Ike and Elsie Cantrell were very good friends of mine as I lived not far from them in Ash Fork. I worked for them for awhile. Helped them build their home and restored some antiques for them. There has never been two nicer people that I have known. They had a ton of silver in a safe in the back bedroom and I fear that is what got her killed. May they both Rest in Peace. Later, Jim.

6. webrocket

webrocket New Member

I have to ask kingjim, what did her friends think happen to her or what was the official story from the next of kin? I'd be curious to know.

7. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

8. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Welcome to WS kingjim and thank you for sharing a little bit about Elsie and her husband with us.

RIP Elsie, I'm glad she was finally identified.

9. kingjim

kingjim New Member

I don't know of any friends she had. Her and Ike were private people. I had not seen her after Ike passed away. I moved around allot and finally settled in Kingman. I knew nothing of her disappearance until I seen an article in the paper about her being found. I contacted the Sheriff at that time to tell him about the silver in the house. Never heard back from him. I am still sad that I did not keep in touch. They were both absolutely wonderful people.

10. scooby2057

scooby2057 New Member

11. twignchelsmom

twignchelsmom New Member

I am the wife of Elsie and Ike's grandson. Son of Dottie Champlin. We are just as frustrated about this as others are. My husband and his sisters were told by their mother that Elsie ran off in the middle of the night with a black man who had threatened Dottie. Some of us agree that Dottie had something to do with this. There was a husband of Dottie's that was given a polygraph concerning the death of Elsie, he passed. Dottie refused to take it. The attorney has no real physical evidence to go on right now. The detectives feel it in their bones that Dottie did it, but no one can prove it. At this time she is out on parole and said to be living in the house on John Charles Road. If anyone out there can confirm this, I would appreciate it very much. If you have questions or comments let me know. I will answer as best as I can. Thank you.

12. twignchelsmom

twignchelsmom New Member

Dottie Champlin has not been charged and she is living in home on John Charles Dr, in Ash Fork, Az

13. twignchelsmom50470

twignchelsmom50470 New Member

I am married to Elsie's Grandson Larry. His mother is Dottie Champlin and we as a family found out in May 2009 that Elsie was indeed deceased. Soon after that Dottie skipped town. In our hearts we know that she did indeed commit murder on Elsie Cantrell. The detectives do not have the hard evidence to connect her to the murder. They did however find proof that she indeed was receiving a social security check that was for Elsie. We are saddened at the loss of Elsie and angry with Dottie because of her actions. We pray that there will be justice for Elsie. The family agrees that Dottie is the only one with opportunity and motive and weapons. Thank you all for watching the Elsie Cantrell thread.

14. marycarney

marycarney Inactive

Praying for justice for Elsie. What a burden you all must carry.......