Identified! AZ - Coconino Co, 'Valentine Sally' WhtFem 585UFAZ, 14-19, along I-40, Feb'82 -Carolyn Celeste Eaton

Does this girl look a bit like Woodlawn Jane Doe by any chance has she been discarded?

Barbara G. Glueckert – The Charley Project
Yes , could be, can I have some time to look at this? It looks good though they say she looks hispanic and they do seem to have headed in that direction, problem is it hasn't solved anything so yes , this is a good point of departure, thank you so much, she was so abused, its not right that she hasn't had justice, thanks again, I can't say why she is so important to me, just woman to woman.

Apparently, from news clipping, she was staying with friends in Phoenix and had to go to New Jersey urgently.

Maybe she was wearing the same clothes on the second and on the third, given that the person who picked her up, recognized her.

I also agree that she had her dental work done prior to her running away, maybe Carolyn’s family has more insight in regards to her root canal.
So her friends never noticed she was missing? I find that hard to believe, and the treatment wasn't finished, I know because I've had similar treatment and it's ongoing because it's outcome is not predictable, this just doesn't sound right.

So her friends never noticed she was missing? I find that hard to believe, and the treatment wasn't finished, I know because I've had similar treatment and it's ongoing because it's outcome is not predictable, this just doesn't sound right.
It’s possible that they did, the same as her family.

Since it’s been stated that Carolyn was reported missing, perhaps her case was dismissed as a runaway.

So here's my take on the case, but first a timeline:

• October 1, 1964: Carolyn is born.
  • December 17, 1978: Carolyn's father dies.
  • January 10, 1981: Carolyn's maternal uncle dies.
  • January 13, 1981: Carolyn's maternal grandfather dies.
  • March 30, 1981: Carolyn's maternal grandmother dies.
  • December 1981: Carolyn runs away from home in St. Louis, MO.
  • February 2, 1982: Carolyn is picked up while hitchhiking in Cordes Junction, AZ.
  • February 3, 1982: Carolyn is seen with an UID Male at a truck stop in Ash Fork, AZ.
  • February 3 - 13, 1982: Carolyn dies of unknown causes.
  • February 14, 1982: Carolyn is found dead in Williams, AZ.
I think 1981 had a toll on Carolyn's emotional health. Maybe her home life got so bad that she thought the only way out was running away. She probably hitchhiked to AZ and died after getting in with the wrong person. With the NJ thing, I'm going to bet she might've had paternal family there, as her father's ancestry is unknown at this time.

So here's my take on the case, but first a timeline:

• October 1, 1964: Carolyn is born.
  • December 17, 1978: Carolyn's father dies.
  • January 10, 1981: Carolyn's maternal uncle dies.
  • January 13, 1981: Carolyn's maternal grandfather dies.
  • March 30, 1981: Carolyn's maternal grandmother dies.
  • December 1981: Carolyn runs away from home in St. Louis, MO.
  • February 2, 1982: Carolyn is picked up while hitchhiking in Cordes Junction, AZ.
  • February 3, 1982: Carolyn is seen with an UID Male at a truck stop in Ash Fork, AZ.
  • February 3 - 13, 1982: Carolyn dies of unknown causes.
  • February 14, 1982: Carolyn is found dead in Williams, AZ.
I think 1981 had a toll on Carolyn's emotional health. Maybe her home life got so bad that she thought the only way out was running away. She probably hitchhiked to AZ and died after getting in with the wrong person. With the NJ thing, I'm going to bet she might've had paternal family there, as her father's ancestry is unknown at this time.

I agree, the emotional toll that perhaps affected her through 1981 could have been too much for her.

Maybe she arranged her stay in NY with a family member, and perhaps would have contacted her family explaining it all once she got there.

I agree, the emotional toll that perhaps affected her through 1981 could have been too much for her.

Maybe she arranged her stay in NY with a family member, and perhaps would have contacted her family explaining it all once she got there.
I can’t imagine loosing 3 family members in the span of days, maybe she was close enough to them for her to take off.

Yes , could be, can I have some time to look at this? It looks good though they say she looks hispanic and they do seem to have headed in that direction, problem is it hasn't solved anything so yes , this is a good point of departure, thank you so much, so was so abused its not right that she hasn't had justice, thanks again, I can't say why she is so important to me, just woman to woman.
Oh my gosh, I'm 61 now. I opened the link and I thought boy she looks familiar. Started to read the article and realized that that was my family church and I was married there too! I know the story as I lived there at that time period but totally forgot about it as life got in the way.

I noticed Reddit users have shared an image said to be of Carolyn while she was alive. It appears the original file was enhanced, which was added to Unidentified Wiki today.

Does anyone know where this photo came from? I haven’t found it on any news publications yet, nor on law enforcement websites. Something similar happened with Sue Ann Huskey happened shortly after her identification, and it was later verified at least one of the initial images that surfaced wasn’t her.

Attachments

• 20D31DE4-1D7A-40BD-98EF-8EA9346E381C.jpeg
    20D31DE4-1D7A-40BD-98EF-8EA9346E381C.jpeg
    17.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 9F42FF14-3ED9-489A-A71A-F37971C1C713.jpeg
    9F42FF14-3ED9-489A-A71A-F37971C1C713.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 48
I noticed Reddit users have shared an image said to be of Carolyn while she was alive. It appears the original file was enhanced, which was added to Unidentified Wiki today.

Does anyone know where this photo came from? I haven’t found it on any news publications yet, nor on law enforcement websites. Something similar happened with Sue Ann Huskey happened shortly after her identification, and it was later verified at least one of the initial images that surfaced wasn’t her.
A WS user contacted the Sheriff's office and they sent the photo to them, with also stating it was released to the press.

Im thinking that maybe Carolyn was wearing the same sweater the day he picked her up, and perhaps, given that she commented on the root canal.

And that she intended to get a ride on Flagstaff, to head to New Jersey, may have confirmed to authorities that she was the girl that Patty saw and who’s body was found on the crime scene.

This, and Carolyn was also very attractive. I think most young men would remember giving a ride to a pretty young woman. And the college student was probably pretty shocked an upset hearing what happened. Those things would all cement a memory, IMO. I would be going over every little thing that happened, was said, etc.

A WS user contacted the Sheriff's office and they sent the photo to them, with also stating it was released to the press.

Yes, i contacted the CCSD via Facebook and they shared her photo after i provided a email address, i also made a Reddit post sharing her original photo and the enhanced version.

Another Reddit user also shared her photo and enhanced it, however (and i also saw it) Carolyn's eyes came back as hazel or light brown, i edited it on the enhanced version while i was doing it, which is seen in both photos that i uploaded to her thread.

This, and Carolyn was also very attractive. I think most young men would remember giving a ride to a pretty young woman. And the college student was probably pretty shocked an upset hearing what happened. Those things would all cement a memory, IMO. I would be going over every little thing that happened, was said, etc.
I completely agree, and i think that once he sees Carolyn's photo (if he is alive) maybe he'll remember more details from the 2nd of February 82'.

Yes, i edited her Unidentified Wiki page, i also contacted the CCSD who provided the photo along with a press release on a PDF Document.

I completely agree, and i think that once he sees Carolyn's photo (if he is alive) maybe he'll remember more details from the 2nd of February 82'.

Hopefully the friends she was staying with come forward too. Or someone she worked with, etc. So many years later, people who might have thought they were protecting a teen runaway, keeping secrets for a friend, that kind of thing, and probably just assume she went to NJ and lost touch.

Hopefully the friends she was staying with come forward too. Or someone she worked with, etc. So many years later, people who might have thought they were protecting a teen runaway, keeping secrets for a friend, that kind of thing, and probably just assume she went to NJ and lost touch.

It's completely plausible, they may not have known that she died on Feb. I wonder if her belongings stayed on the truck of her alleged killer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back