PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

AZ AZ - Colorado City, Male Skel UP13327, 60-70, near Honeymoon Trail, Nov'14

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by PastTense, Nov 17, 2014.

1. PastTense

PastTense Active Member

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar...-human-remains-on-arizona-strip/#.VGprL2dNiPQ

carbuff likes this.
  2. jenstar

jenstar New Member

3. hideoustroll

hideoustroll Member

Doesn't the shoe in the picture belong to the photographer?

4. LotsaLatte

LotsaLatte Well-Known Member

5. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

New NamUs listing about an MP from Wyoming includes this info under Circumstances:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/27778

6. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Every time I see St. George, I wonder if it's Steve Koecher, but it sounds like this person hasn't been deceased nearly long enough to be SK.

The article (http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar...-human-remains-on-arizona-strip/#.VOlPk_lh7xt) has several good pictures of the skull. Wish I was good with that kind of thing the way Carl is, but based on what he has said in other posts, it's probably the skull of a caucasian (narrow nose, "aviator glasses" eye openings). Or maybe not.

7. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

That's what I'm seeing. Clearly male. Probably Caucasian, though I wouldn't rule-out Hispanic or NtvAm. The photos of the skull are taken from a strange angle, but from what I can see, it does look like Caucasian male.

8. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

i didnt see shoes? except the photographer, but they didnt look like the MP's shoes.

9. jjohnston0827

jjohnston0827 New Member

Guessing this is the same guy... if so, a lot more information about his clothing and belongings is included.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/13327

Also, it looks like Mohave County has jurisdiction. Can someone correct the title?

10. amputate

amputate New Member

It says a Safeway club card was found with the body, could that be traced to find out his identity? Aren't most club cards attached to a phone number?

11. PASA

PASA Verified Juanette

12. carbuff

Huh. That blanket is an unusual one to be with an adult male. Precious Moments is more the kind of thing that appeals to the same demographic that used to be into Beanie Babies.

13. Janeway

Janeway New Member

Bumping. I wonder if this is Charles Samek:

http://charleyproject.org/case/charles-daniel-earl-samek

What makes me think it could be him:

- the age is right, UID is believed to be between 60 and 70, Samek was 65
    - the estimated time of death was within 6 months (it says in the article above that you could still smell the stench of the body). Samek was last seen in August, the body was found in November, so three months
    - UID had long grey and dishwater blonde hair; Samek's hair was long and the color looks grey-blond-brown-ish in the pics
    - Samek was missing three teeth in his upper jaw. In the pic of the skull you can see that there's teeth missing in the upper jaw (could of course have happened after death)
    - UID wore blue jeans size 36x32 so he was heavy but not very tall. Samek was 5'4 and weighted 200lbs and was last seen wearing blue jeans
    - Samek was mentally ill so maybe the baby blanket was a safety blanket kinda thing?
    - He was last seen in Farmington, NM and wanted to travel to Moab/Utah and possibly after that to Arizona. The body was found near St. George in southern Utah on the border to Arizona

MicheleT and folieadeuxnola like this.
  14. carbuff

folieadeuxnola likes this.
  15. folieadeuxnola

folieadeuxnola Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe

Years after disappearing, missing son heading home

Nearly four years ago, Mary “Betty” Samek said goodbye again to her son and tried not to worry – again – about his chosen life on the road.

Then, this January, highway crews cleaning a stretch of U.S. 191 about 15 miles north of the Arizona line found a human skull, bleached white by the sun and caked with red earth, about 12 feet from the western edge of the road.

Detective John Laws of the San Juan County Sheriff’s Office, the Utah agency that assumed jurisdiction of the case, said dental records were used to confirm that the remains were Danny’s. Confirmation was completed June 15, he said.

MicheleT and carbuff like this.
  16. carbuff

So it appears Samek was matched to a different UID. I'm glad he's going home.

Lawrence Minter has been added to this UID's ruleouts list. Here is his updated Namus link: Unidentified Person Case

folieadeuxnola likes this.
  17. Coffee56

Coffee56 Well-Known Member