Found Deceased AZ - Corey Bailey, 31, remote area near Castle Hot Springs, 29 Dec 2019

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
A 31-year-old man has been missing since Sunday after going for a walk in a remote area near Castle Hot Springs. Corey Bailey was four-wheeling with his friends. He was reported missing Tuesday afternoon.

Bailey is about 6 feet tall and weighs approximately 165 pounds. He has brown hair and hazel eyes. YCSO did not have any information about what he was wearing and said he does not have a cell phone with him.

Man missing since Sunday was four-wheeling with friends in Castle Hot Springs

5e0d8e1935fbe.image.jpg

31-year-old man missing in Castle Hot Springs area since Sunday
Bailey was out four-wheeling with friends and has not been seen after a walk in a remote area near Castle Hot Springs on Sunday, Dec. 29, the Sheriff’s Office was told on Dec. 31 after 3 p.m.

A ground and air search has been underway since Dec. 31 and will continue Thursday, the YCSO said on Jan. 1.

Castle Hot Springs: Google Maps

JAN 3, 2020
Phoenix man missing 6 days near Castle Hot Springs
Authorities are searching for a Phoenix man who went missing near Lake Pleasant north of Phoenix six days ago.

[...]

At one point, searchers followed several shoe print tracks in the area without success or further leads, the Sheriff's Office said. Search efforts include deploying aircraft and helicopters to help ground search teams.

"The terrain in this area is very rough with severe drop-offs," the Sheriff's Office said.

Bailey lives in Phoenix but had lived in the area of Castle Hot Springs and Morristown a few years ago, according to the Sheriff's Office.

[...]

JAN 3, 2020
Search for Phoenix man missing in Castle Hot Springs takes crews to 'very rough' areas

5e0fc147d014c.image.png
5e0fc16c3cd58.image.png
5e0fc18e0d6d1.image.png

[...]

When authorities first released information about the search for Bailey, they did not have any information about what he was wearing the last time he was seen on Sunday, Dec. 29. YCSO said it has since learned that he had on dark baggy pants and a burgundy-colored shirt.

[...]

... Both fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters have been deployed to help search teams on the ground, D’Evelyn said in an update Friday afternoon that included photos of searchers. “The terrain in this area is very rough with severe drop-offs.”

[...]

D’Evelyn said Forest Patrol deputies are heading up the search for Bailey and “have been in touch with family and friends to determine any background information that might help with the effort.”

Search for missing man continues near Castle Hot Springs (Video)

Notes from the video:

Corey moved to the Castle Hot Springs area from Michigan in October. His sister says he absolutely loves it, is always outside, often goes on hikes, and knows how to live off the land.

The last time Corey's sister spoke to him was Christmas Eve and he was wishing her a happy holiday.

In dark pants and a dark red shirt against those dark shadows and pinkish rocks, he's going to be kind of hard to spot if he fell. I hope he just lost the trail or something and has been able to stay warm...
Agreed, it would make him quite hard to spot. No jacket reported is concerning as well given the temperatures in the desert at night this time of year.

Agreed, it would make him quite hard to spot. No jacket reported is concerning as well given the temperatures in the desert at night this time of year.

Yeah, hopefully he could find a place to curl up in the sand or something. But at this point I'm not feeling very optimistic. It must be so terrible on his loved ones .

Yeah, hopefully he could find a place to curl up in the sand or something. But at this point I'm not feeling very optimistic. It must be so terrible on his loved ones .
It is. Tho, he's pretty tough about cold weather since he grew up in Michigan. I'm new here and joined this site after a Google search of Corey's name for updates brought it to me. We went to school together and he moved out there a while ago with other friends, one of which works at the Hot Spring he disappeared from.

It is. Tho, he's pretty tough about cold weather since he grew up in Michigan. I'm new here and joined this site after a Google search of Corey's name for updates brought it to me. We went to school together and he moved out there a while ago with other friends, one of which works at the Hot Spring he disappeared from.
Welcome to Websleuths, Billi@m. I'm very sorry that your friend is missing. We are all pulling for him here and we appreciate you joining us.

Please consider becoming a Verified Insider for this case in order to post and discuss things outside of what's in MSM. It's an easy process that just begins with an email. More information here: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Welcome to Websleuths, Billi@m. I'm very sorry that your friend is missing. We are all pulling for him here and we appreciate you joining us.

Please consider becoming a Verified Insider for this case in order to post and discuss things outside of what's in MSM. It's an easy process that just begins with an email. More information here: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters
Thank you. I sent the email request. I've never personally been to AZ and don't know the area, but I know Corey and his friends who live out there. His family would like some good news on this case.

In the above MSM articles, it mentions that footprints were found. I'm wondering if those footprints were all Corey's. Was Corey riding with someone else on their 4 wheeler, or was he riding his own? Was it normal for him to just get off of the 4 wheeler and go for a "walk" by himself? Without a cell phone? (assuming there is service in that area). His friends didn't provide any other details, such as his state of mind that day? So many questions. Hoping he is found soon, alive and safe.

I've a hypothesis about this case but may need help in tracking down dates to either deny it outright or keep up a shred of hope. It's out there in believability, but possible. Is this an appropriate place for that? (No, I'm not going suggest aliens abducted him.)

Below is the copied text from when I first made this suggestion. It's totally his sense of humor, but I do not know if the vandalism started prior to Corey going missing the last Saturday of 2019. Attached is a Google map image.

"So I posted a week ago about my missing friend in AZ who walked off in the desert of Yavapai County and hadn't come back. There is still no news, but since then I've heard of the Penis Man vandal in Tempe. I honestly wouldn't put it past Corey to go missing and then become a funny vandal, especially since his dad just died. I think my friend is Penis Man.

He's extremely physically fit and active. He's a black belt in ju-jitsu and some form of kung fu. He would routinely ride his bike in 75 mile round trips to go to a city near our town to, get this, use their gym. He could totally climb all over Tempe buildings to do this. He was last seen outside Castle Hot Springs and Tempe ain't far for someone like him. I really hope I'm right cuz that would be amazing."

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200108-192900_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20200108-192900_Google.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 55

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads