AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021 #2

Nothing to do with finding DR. Just an observation. Is there a reason dad refers to himself and Daniel mostly? "My son". Help "me" search for "my son". "My search". Is that common in missing cases? Do you think he was coached to say that as opposed to 'us' and 'our'?
MOO, but FWIW, the father has relocated to Arizona for the search while the mother and other family members have remained in South Carolina (at least at the time of this older article), so speaking alone from Arizona, “me” and “my” would make more sense than “us” and “our.”

‘My son would not abandon his family’: Parents of missing Daniel Robinson seek answers | WKRN News 2

Idk what info bus telemetry is but, then PI got it wrong? Rancher also said vehicle was not there a few days prior. Never quite knew what to make of the rancher's statements, esp regarding the cows. Idk enough about cows.
You're thinking the vehicle was there all along? A crash & lost in desert or a crash & someone took him are the options then.
That's my conclusion as well. I encourage you to read the entire Buckeye PD report which characterizes the accident from their perspective along with comments from McGrath. And look at recent explanations of mileage differences in displayed mileage and recorded EDR mileage. Also 40+ starts after airbag deployment. Review past posts and media accounts to see how some of the stories morph over time with David's retelling. For example, the original reporting of the Ranchers Account in a Daily Mail article in October, says and I paraphrase, "it seems I would have seen the vehicle because I'm out there all the time and then the whole cow licking stuff commentary. Now it's morphed into something more specific but that is only coming from David's account of his "personal conversation" with the rancher.
(McGrath is retained by David who's mission from the beginning is to get the case upgraded from missing person to criminal incident. So, who benefits from a scenario where the car is driven and "dumped"? McGrath's clients are DUI and Accident Attorneys.

This is the timeline I developed from all the data.
Driving Distances1.xlsx

Last edited:
MOO, but FWIW, the father has relocated to Arizona for the search while the mother and other family members have remained in South Carolina (at least at the time of this older article), so speaking alone from Arizona, “me” and “my” would make more sense than “us” and “our.”

‘My son would not abandon his family’: Parents of missing Daniel Robinson seek answers | WKRN News 2
Sister Davisha is in Phoenix. Moved here last March. But yes I get your point.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
@JJRay Do you have any theories on where in the area he could have been driving to and from to rack up the mileage after the well site and before the crash? I'm not in AZ so don't have a good understanding of the terrain, but I think I read it was raining that day? Wouldn't that mean to stay away from the washes or off road?

That's my conclusion as well. I encourage you to read the entire Buckeye PD report which characterizes the accident from their perspective along with comments from McGrath. And look at recent explanations of mileage differences in displayed mileage and recorded EDR mileage. Also 40+ starts after airbag deployment. Review past posts and media accounts to see how some of the stories morph over time with David's retelling. For example, the original reporting of the Ranchers Account in a Daily Mail article in October, says and I paraphrase, "it seems I would have seen the vehicle because I'm out there all the time and then the whole cow licking stuff commentary. Now it's morphed into something more specific but that is only coming from David's account of his "personal conversation" with the rancher.
(McGrath is retained by David who's mission from the beginning is to get the case upgraded from missing person to criminal incident. So, who benefits from a scenario where the car is driven and "dumped"? McGrath's clients are DUI and Accident Attorneys.

This is the timeline I developed from all the data.
Driving Distances1.xlsx

Thanks on the timeline. I've read the report as well as Gisela K has a YouTube video in which she reads the entire report. But your timeline is much easier to understand. Mr. R possible story changes may just the immense emotional burden. There are a couple of fenced areas towards where vehicle was located. One looks like a power station possibly with cars and another fenced off square, can't tell what that is. If those places had cameras / footage from that day...

Thanks on the timeline. I've read the report as well as Gisela K has a YouTube video in which she reads the entire report. But your timeline is much easier to understand. Mr. R possible story changes may just the immense emotional burden. There are a couple of fenced areas towards where vehicle was located. One looks like a power station possibly with cars and another fenced off square, can't tell what that is. If those places had cameras / footage from that day...
They do not...that google map is about 2 + years old. I was on site and thought they had cameras at the transformer substation. But they just look like security cameras. Det. Biffin informed they are just security lights.

@JJRay Do you have any theories on where in the area he could have been driving to and from to rack up the mileage after the well site and before the crash? I'm not in AZ so don't have a good understanding of the terrain, but I think I read it was raining that day? Wouldn't that mean to stay away from the washes or off road?
It rained in the morning but cleared up. As I understand from weather station in Buckeye, it started clearing at 11:00 or so. My wife said it was a light rain in Phoenix that day. (I was in Mesquite NV and we actually had similar weather there). So it wasn't like a Monsoon gully washer like we had on July 25th and subsequent weeks.

My first thought was lunch, but if he used a credit card for gas in the early morning I would assume he'd use a card for lunch. No such transactions are noted anywhere. IF the federal official is reliable then he is still in the desert late morning. In his vehicle but in Wagner Wash. So just riding around it would seem. P.I. thinks he was napping. And as you can see from my write up...even driving a very slow 15 MPH he still has "stopping time" to make the mileage and time frame fit together.

Idk what info bus telemetry is but, then PI got it wrong? Rancher also said vehicle was not there a few days prior. Never quite knew what to make of the rancher's statements, esp regarding the cows. Idk enough about cows.
You're thinking the vehicle was there all along? A crash & lost in desert or a crash & someone took him are the options then.
I think the simple answer to this is the rancher is mistaken, that his car ended up there the day he went missing.

We have seen other cases where a person goes missing after a crash. Sometimes the remains are not found for a year or more - and may even be close to the initial crash. Sometimes the remains have not been found.

I think his father is so extremely loyal, determined, and a wonderful parent. I do wish that he would admit that his son may have been having mental health issues at the time he disappeared. Being honest about the situation is important. My son is 21 and had a mental health break. If you talked to him briefly, you would think he was normal and everything is fine. But, if you spent a little more time with him, you could see that things just didn't connect in this thought patterns. When everything came to a head, he was pulled over by police and put in jail because of reckless driving (basically). No drugs or alcohol in the car. But, when he was "evaluated" by a jail psychologist, she said he was "just a drug user/abuser". However, when we were finally able to get him in to an inpatient facility, he has either bi-polar or schizoaffective disorder. Once he was medicated for that, his thought patterns and verbal responses make a lot more sense. I can tell you that if he had crashed his vehicle and lived, he would have likely wandered off in an unknown direction.

Talking about Daniel, this is Arizona in the middle of the summer, in the desert. Very hot! Heat, mental health issues, confusion, dehydration... Add all of these things together, and I fear that he may still be out there but has not yet been found. I honestly think this was a storm that came together. IMVHO, I think Daniel is out there and there is no foul play. I really, really hope they find him for his family's sake. I just don't see a dark side to this story, just a very, very sad story!
This has a lot of the earmarks of Bryce Laspisa. Mental instability, odd behaviors, college educated, girl troubles, lived far from parents, crashed car. Vanished. The only difference is Bryce is probably lost in a lake and DR is somewhere in the desert.

This has a lot of the earmarks of Bryce Laspisa. Mental instability, odd behaviors, college educated, girl troubles, lived far from parents, crashed car. Vanished. The only difference is Bryce is probably lost in a lake and DR is somewhere in the desert.

Agreed! Both sad and similar cases. Bryce was abusing Adderall if I recall. That is the same drug that affected my son.

48 ignition cycles after the crash. Why would he try to start the car as many times, or even at all, if it’s on it’s side? Does that make any sense to anyone?

Upthread, it was suggested that this was to try to open the window to climb out of the wrecked vehicle.

IIRC, the sunroof was kicked out?

Don't have a link....

jmho ymmv lrr

Upthread, it was suggested that this was to try to open the window to climb out of the wrecked vehicle.

IIRC, the sunroof was kicked out?

Don't have a link....

jmho ymmv lrr
Maybe. But you don’t need to turn the car on to do that, just the accessory mode. The roof does look broken out but also the driver door appears to be missing? Or the window is down?

Attachments

• 99BBEA00-BE9C-402A-B315-9B1438FF2BEC.jpeg
    99BBEA00-BE9C-402A-B315-9B1438FF2BEC.jpeg
    312.5 KB · Views: 76
Maybe. But you don’t need to turn the car on to do that, just the accessory mode. The roof does look broken out but also the driver door appears to be missing? Or the window is down?

Driver door window is down and/or broken. You can see the a & b pillars and the handle on the actual door. Mirror is broken off.

The drivers side window IMO broke out as it rolled the 3/4 to the LEFT i.e. the drivers side hit first, windshield, then rested on passenger side. A broken window was still at the wreck scene roughly where the drivers side window would have hit. The passenger side window is intact from watching the PI video of the car in his shop.
So the rear roof panel is lift out with a key to unlock. The front roof panel does retract but then also lifts out and is removable. (I don't think it is motorized). Rear roof panel may have been kicked out or fell out in the roll.

When the air bags deploy the fuel system shuts off. BUT it is my opinion that he was running low on gas anyway. He may have thought if he could get the car started he might have been able to shift it into Reverse and he could "rock it". I also think his boot may have been left under the car as he tried to roll it upright.

To add another layer, the outside crash expert retained by the Buckeye PD thinks he may have struck the ravine, airbags deployed, BUT did not initially roll. After the 40+ start attempts he may have figured out the obscure sequence of turn signal manipulations for that model to reset the fuel. He then tried to gun it on up the ravine but from how it was sitting and the wheel turned way to the LEFT, it jerked to the left and started its roll to where it rested.

I actually read that article and thought of Daniel and several of our other young men who are missing. Terrence Woods, Ian Solheim, Jason Landry, and a few more I can’t remember at the moment. I’m sure there are more that may fit a pattern. MOO. I wonder if there’s a thread in the basement about this or something related.

The problem is that families are often embarrassed/reluctant to publicly discuss mental illness or history of drug/alcohol abuse.

The problem is that families are often embarrassed/reluctant to publicly discuss mental illness or history of drug/alcohol abuse.
So sad and frustrating. This, despite the fact that a mental illness is a medical condition (i.e., a disorder of the brain, just another organ), just like diabetes (a disorder of the pancreas) or a heart condition.

One time, I had a co-worker go into a diabetic shock right in front of me. He was talking to me at my desk and suddenly, became completely incoherent. I had no idea that he had diabetes, yet I ‘m not a medical professional, I could tell right away there was something wrong. So I went to talk to his immediate boss (her office was only steps away) to see if she knew anything, and sure enough, she even had a thing of OJ in the dorm-size fridge she kept in her office just in case something like this were to happen. We gave him the juice, he rested for a while and he was OK.

Had the co-worker gone missing instead, however, I most certainly would have told LE about his becoming incoherent shortly before. And then his boss most likely would have told them about him having diabetes. It’s medical, and it’s critical information for LE, and in some instances, for the public to have.

As someone who has lived with PTSD, Major Depressive Disorder and other conditions for 30+ years, I really cannot afford to not talk about mental illness because it has affected my life so much.

The drivers side window IMO broke out as it rolled the 3/4 to the LEFT i.e. the drivers side hit first, windshield, then rested on passenger side. A broken window was still at the wreck scene roughly where the drivers side window would have hit. The passenger side window is intact from watching the PI video of the car in his shop.
So the rear roof panel is lift out with a key to unlock. The front roof panel does retract but then also lifts out and is removable. (I don't think it is motorized). Rear roof panel may have been kicked out or fell out in the roll.

When the air bags deploy the fuel system shuts off. BUT it is my opinion that he was running low on gas anyway. He may have thought if he could get the car started he might have been able to shift it into Reverse and he could "rock it". I also think his boot may have been left under the car as he tried to roll it upright.

To add another layer, the outside crash expert retained by the Buckeye PD thinks he may have struck the ravine, airbags deployed, BUT did not initially roll. After the 40+ start attempts he may have figured out the obscure sequence of turn signal manipulations for that model to reset the fuel. He then tried to gun it on up the ravine but from how it was sitting and the wheel turned way to the LEFT, it jerked to the left and started its roll to where it rested.
So you are speculating the crash happened, air bags deployed, 48 ignition attempts, car starts, he tries to go up embankment and then rolls?

48 ignition cycles after the crash. Why would he try to start the car as many times, or even at all, if it’s on it’s side? Does that make any sense to anyone?

I was trying to think of reasons for this. I think I said something further up thread, but all I can think of is:
1) Trying to charge a phone
2) To try to keep warm at night if he or someone was out there over a night (or a few)

OR if it was Daniel that turned it over 48 times after the crash, then he could have:
3) not been in his right state of mind just panicking and trying to start the vehicle
4) thought if he got it started they could trace him?

Just guesses and all MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998