Attachments

• 865DF4D7-3FDC-4C6D-BA05-C09C56152C42.jpeg
    865DF4D7-3FDC-4C6D-BA05-C09C56152C42.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 4
My best guess is Camelback Mountain
My eyes are old though, so just a guess

Camelback Mountain - Wikipedia
Camelback Mountain - Wikipedia

It does look a little like Camelback, but Camelback is right in Phoenix and Daniel was out west near Buckeye. I'm guessing it's the White Tank Mountains (my first guess) or Belmont Mountains (I think less likely as they are more unique looking).

His dad's website has an ARCGIS map of the location his car was found and the areas they are searching:

I wish I could tell which way his car was pointing in that picture. Does anyone know? If we knew that, we could easily identify the range. I'll do more digging.

It does look a little like Camelback, but Camelback is right in Phoenix and Daniel was out west near Buckeye. I'm guessing it's the White Tank Mountains (my first guess) or Belmont Mountains (I think less likely as they are more unique looking).

His dad's website has an ARCGIS map of the location his car was found and the areas they are searching:

I wish I could tell which way his car was pointing in that picture. Does anyone know? If we knew that, we could easily identify the range. I'll do more digging.
Attached is a still from JJRay’s crash scene video - I used the rollover simulation photo above as it gives a clearer view of the range/peak. Both are taken in line with the direction of DR’s travel immediately prior to going in to the ravine - approximately north-west. The JJRay video image is taken from roughly the spot where he believes the Jeep stopped briefly before taking off at speed and going into the ravine.0247505E-3A5C-444E-8B8B-F554694B03B3.jpeg

The point of particular interest from my POV is that DR stopped, and then took off again at speed. I think there has been a suggestion previously that he might have hoped to jump the ravine - I would be more minded to the idea that he stopped on high ground there to orientate himself. Had he got himself completely back to front and was aiming for the White Tanks (and the Sun Valley Highway)? Or was he heading for those mountains to the west?

KE said DR was staring out into the desert when at the job site earlier, but afaik he was never more specific than that. Was that peak/range what he was staring at? There isn’t much else out there to see. We don’t know what DR’s mental state was at the time of his disappearance, but maybe there was some kind of ‘method in his (perceived) madness?’

Did he stop stop to orientate, then took off at speed towards the mountains - completely failing to spot the ravine in front of him, crashed, got out, stripped (or changed clothes) and then just kept walking west towards the peak (the biggest landmark on the horizon)?

Attached is a still from JJRay’s crash scene video - I used the rollover simulation photo above as it gives a clearer view of the range/peak. Both are taken in line with the direction of DR’s travel immediately prior to going in to the ravine - approximately north-west. The JJRay video image is taken from roughly the spot where he believes the Jeep stopped briefly before taking off at speed and going into the ravine.View attachment 374201
Well if we're looking NW, it's definitely not the White Tanks, my bad.

It could be the Harquahala Mountains:

Attached is a still from JJRay’s crash scene video - I used the rollover simulation photo above as it gives a clearer view of the range/peak. Both are taken in line with the direction of DR’s travel immediately prior to going in to the ravine - approximately north-west. The JJRay video image is taken from roughly the spot where he believes the Jeep stopped briefly before taking off at speed and going into the ravine.View attachment 374201
I wonder why it stopped briefly. IMO it shouldn't have stopped at all. IDK that seems odd. It should have kept going if it was headed to the ravine why stop? Does anyone know?

Well if we're looking NW, it's definitely not the White Tanks, my bad.

It could be the Harquahala Mountains:
Could be - I’m finding it hard to figure from Google Earth alone. If that was his target, my current best estimate as to his direction of travel after the crash would be approximately west north-west along the white line in the image below - though obviously Harquahala is another 25+ miles further west and he would have to divert in order to cross a canal (black line) before coming to any mountains.

547FE11C-298F-4C99-ABD3-69CB94C2CAD4.jpeg

I wonder how far back he stopped (briefly) from the ravine actually because if he stopped far back enough he would be able to see the ravine and know there was a dropoff he would hit. Ok, if he can't see from in front for example he's too close he would at least be able to see from his driver's side window and from passenger's side window. Honestly if he was orienting himself with where he was and where he was going that would mean he was coherent and making a logical thought IMO.

Did Daniel put more gas in his Jeep after the Shell transaction? If he did not make a fuel purchase (perhaps a company credit card?) are there places, such as the substation, or equipment sites where Daniel could have accessed fuel?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back