AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by weepingangel, Jul 8, 2021.

1. annpats

annpats Well-Known Member

Wow, the area of his job and the area he was last seen both look super remote. I wonder who last saw him out that way? Was what the witness doing out there also?

Was he last seen driving his car? Surely he wouldn't have been walking anywhere in that heat.....unless his car broke down and he had no phone signal?

Maybe he was offered a ride to town by someone with nefarious intentions?

o 0, Helloyou, Ravenmoon and 14 others like this.

2. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

BBM, Yes. He was last seen driving away from a remote job site in Buckeye. There are a couple of maps at the link below. His vehicle is also pictured on page 1. MOO

AZ - AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 June 2021

3. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl On Time Out

bumping for any new ideas. This man's father needs answers...

4. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

This just came up on my news feed from 3 hours ago. A fairly good summary of the information they have so far. Keeping his Dad in our prayers. News List | City of Buckeye

5. Trackergd

Trackergd Verified SAR Manager and Tracker - Retired

Civil Air Patrol flyovers is the best method for that type of terrain. Whole lot of nuthin out there. His vehicle should have stood out if he had broken down.

6. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

I've flown the CAP grid searches many years ago. The aircraft has to remain 500 feet above terrain/highest structure/building in a remote area to be legal. A car that may be close to the color of the landscape is harder to spot than you think. I'm glad they set up a search. They've been extremely useful in SAR in the past.

7. bykerladi

bykerladi Well-Known Member

The thing that's holding me back is - where's the car? If he had a mental issue and left his car behind it should've been found by now...

8. justtrish

justtrish Well-Known Member

I always wonder that too! I mean in areas with a lot of water I worry a wreck into water happened, but it would seem in a more desert like area, there isn't many places to wreck and not be seen by driving by unless there are cliffs and drop offs, but a plane or drone hopefully would spot something!

9. Trackergd

Trackergd Verified SAR Manager and Tracker - Retired

Drones are used in lower level searches but are limited by battery time and air density. Blue is one of the colors that does stand out in desert environments.

10. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

SC man missing in Arizona, last seen leaving work June 23

July 13
    Officials say 24-year-old Daniel Robinson was last seen driving away from his job site in the desert area west of Sun Valley Parkway on June 23.

According to police, Robinson did not tell anyone where he was going or why he was leaving.

On July 9, the Arizona Civil Air Patrol assisted police with an extensive search by air and land. However, no signs of Robinson or his vehicle, a blue 2017 Jeep Renegade, were found.

He moved to Arizona to temporarily work for Matrix New World Engineering, but is from South Carolina.

11. bykerladi

bykerladi Well-Known Member

You'd think a BLUE truck would stand out in the desert...

12. AmandaSkis

AmandaSkis Well-Known Member

So he didn’t tell anyone where he was going or why he was leaving, which means he could be anywhere. It’s just a few hours to California, Nevada, New Mexico...

samsmom, BlkMtnGirl, agilbe and 11 others like this.
  13. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

I feel for his family and hope he's found safe very soon.

14. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Search intensifies for field geologist last seen leaving job site in Buckeye, Arizona in June

When David Robinson got the call that his son was missing, the worried father jumped in his car and drove some 2,000 miles from South Carolina to Arizona, hoping for a miracle.

But it’s been nearly three weeks since 24-year-old Daniel Robinson was last seen on June 23, 2021, and his father, along with others, are still in Arizona searching.

According to an updated press release issued by the Buckeye Police Department on Monday, Daniel Robinson was last seen driving a blue 2017 Jeep Renegade with Arizona license plate NLA2CMA away from his job site near Sun Valley Parkway and Cactus Road, heading west, further into the desert area.

His father said they were notified of his disappearance by the company Daniel worked for.

David added that the company Daniel works for has been very supportive of the family throughout the ordeal.

15. annpats

annpats Well-Known Member

BBM.

Oh my. That doesn't sound good. I'm going to check Google Maps to see how far the road leads, and if it eventually hits a major road again or even a small town or community.

16. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

He can bike just fine with or without a prosthesis. I won't post pictures of a little Laughing but I have them.

We're a Shriner's Hospital family, thank God for the Shriners, their hospitals, physical & occupational therapists, and the aaaalll the people who teach you that it really, really is going to be OK!

Now back to Mr. Robinson!

17. TwinMama

TwinMama Well-Known Member

What a handsome fella! I can see how his blue vehicle might not pop out easily since it's a "dimmer" blue (not super vivid). I attached a PDF from LE with his exact vehicle.

We're pulling for you, Daniel!

Attached Files:

18. TwinMama

TwinMama Well-Known Member

I think borndem was originally thinking that Daniel had rode off on a bicycle instead of a car, hence her "oops." :)

19. asmi106082

asmi106082 Well-Known Member

God bless you and little Laughing.

20. JMapes

JMapes Well-Known Member

I've been scouring the map as well. There are only dirt roads to the west of his jobsite area. The most prominent ones seem to be along runs of high voltage power towers, through washes, over a canal...No shade, no pavement.

The closest point of interest appears to be a trailhead/gathering point for the Ankon Hiking Trail. There's a somewhat 'direct' route from the intersection of Sun Valley Pkwy & W Cactus Rd (his purported jobsite), through the dirt roads and washes. If the terrain were difficult, he may have been or may still be somewhere out there with a blown tire or broken down vehicle.

I'm kind of surprised that google maps says you can get through on this route. Are there no gates on any of these roads!? Is this all public land? I see what looks like a power station. Wouldn't something like that be gated? MOO.

Google Maps

Attached Files: