AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by weepingangel, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Sticksandspades

Sticksandspades All comments are MOO

Could he have hit a large animal with the front drivers side and it kicked up and hit the windshield?

brooks likes this.

2. amoreau25

amoreau25 Active Member

Is there a pdf copy of this report? All I can find is the news articles about the report but not the actual report.

3. o 0

o 0 Former Member

PLEASE if you know where to find it let us know.

Who is this rancher that found him, where does he live?
    At what point did the co-worker pull out the job site and realized Daniel headed west?
    How long has the co-worker known Daniel?
    Was June 23rd Daniels first day on that job site?

If the air bags shut off the fuel system, has there been any attempt to trace anyone accessing youtube videos on how to reset it?(found one immediately when i searched)

Reminder: on aerial pictures showing the location of the jeep, pictures i have posted of the area where it was found and other pictures alike. Although the scenery looks beautiful and easy to navigate in, it can be deceiving. It is treacherous, unforgiving and easy to get lost in.

4. capitola51

capitola51 Well-Known Member

As we stand I believe this is still a missing person case for Buckeye LE. If they changed the status to a criminal investigation, they would be able to issue search warrants to get a lot of the information folks are asking about.
    MOO

5. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

I think the windshield crack looks like a big rock hit it or some other blunt thing; would be more dented if it were a big animal.

This is such a sad case. I wish we could do more on WS to get out the word about mental illness.

6. o 0

o 0 Former Member

highly unlikely, lack of blood, hairs, and typical damage found when striking an animal

IMO

7. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

ABC15 (I believe that’s the correct media outlet) stated in their latest article about Daniel that LE recently released the report.
    However, this media group just shared parts of the report by summarizing some of the main points in their article.

8. JJ Ray

JJ Ray Data Driven Empath

Not sure why I didn't post before but here is my Map of the major points of interest, Daniel's overland route to ravine, Routes by LE to vehicle site, possible routes at 11 mile mark, areas I have searched, etc.

Daniel Search - Google My Maps

Use in conjunction with the Sector Map at
    ArcGIS Web Application

9. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

@JJRay and our Suzuki rider, thanks again for your efforts on Mr. Robinson's behalf, and of course then detailing those efforts for us!

10. JJ Ray

The only thing known about times is BBM "A crash occurred at 1:00pm". Unknown as to whether it was the crash that deployed airbags or the crash in the ravine.

Nothing was taken from the ravine site. A work computer and his phone was still in the vehicle and his wallet was still in his pants, so nothing of value was taken. Leading Buckeye to judge "no foul play".

11. JJ Ray

Searches start up again Saturday.

12. JJ Ray

Well it's still an active missing person investigation. News reports indicated Mr. Robinson was upset Buckeye did not do "complete forensics" meaning fingerprinting. And pushed them to do that. He then received crash scene photos that the rancher took (those were originally released to WISTV in Columbia by Mr. Robinson. Based on that photo and a site visit, Mr. McGrath had questions. Mr. Robinson and Mr. McGrath actually wanted to take over the entire investigation. Buckeye balked and I assume the vehicle and Buckeye accident report given to Mr. McGrath for separate analysis was the result.

Mr. Robinson is aware of the ACCIDENT report and what it says but that is independent of the INVESTIGATIVE report on Daniel as a missing person. Those report sections have only been released to the press (as far as I can determine). Brittney on the AZ family podcast, ABC 15, and Channel 12 all seem to have copies but Mr. Robinson sounded like on interviews he had not seen (but surely he knows what he told about his Sunday conversation with Daniel and what the siblings reported).

As far as semi-secrets go two comments; if we had known about the relationship and some of Daniel's other issues in detail back in July, some of the theoretical possibilities would have started losing impetus. As far as Buckeye, without a vehicle for 3.5 weeks and then without a body, they still unfortunately for all of us, have no crime. I also feel Buckeye is holding on to some other crucial bit of info. They are releasing sections of the investigative report for a reason. It's now a PR battle. Now whether or not Mr. Robinson already knows other details, who knows. He definitely won't be sharing it.

FWIW ...my 2 cents. On a larger scale I think the whole "missing persons" (of color or not) will potentially lead to an LE change in protocol. Meaning, they won't be able to out of hand make a "runaway" decision, all are assumed to be kidnap victims (even without a demand), perhaps immediate steps after 12 or 24 hours like ground searches, warrants for cell phone records, more extensive use of amber alerts, etc.

13. JJ Ray

I personally never figured that one out, nor have I heard from anyone else. It's from Buckeye PDs original flyer when Daniel went missing.

14. JJ Ray

IMO woman lives in Tempe. He was delivering for a food service on his off hours so I can't imagine he'd go to far out of his residence area.
    As far as through Tartesso I just noted that IF he went back in town (remember he actually has 4 hours unaccounted for) and he wanted to get back to the substation and goggled it, Google takes you on a weird path through Tartesso. And if he wanted to avoid the contractor he met with he would not come in the access road north of Cactus because of fear of running into him. (see the map I just posted).

15. JJ Ray

Not that I can find. I have requested from Buckeye under a Public Information Request but I doubt they will respond to an 'ordinary citizen'...

16. JJ Ray

The Ranchers name has never been released. He did meet with David Robinson at the crash site on July 24th. He had his own photos and sent them to Mr. Robinson.
    My understanding is there are at least 2 if not 3 ranchers working the properties in the general area. May be more to the west of the Hassayampa. None live on property. They have some "lease arrangement" with the actual property owners. I met a second rancher about 6 weeks ago one day when I was out there and he knows to be on the look out.

My understanding from AzFamily podcast is that he only waited maybe an hour (?) and tried to reach Daniel via phone (I could be wrong, its hard to tell from the released report section cited by other reporting). When he didn't answer, he called the project manager at Matrix New World and he begin trying to reach Daniel. IMO by 1:00 at the latest, an office co-worker went to his apartment and to his sisters place looking for any sign of him. Mr. Robinson was notified around 4 or 5 local time.

The contractor is not a "co-worker". He is a driller, and yes, meeting for the first time on this particular site. I have not read if they had interacted on other jobs, but Daniel did have other drill sites in Buckeye but way to the south.

Excellent reminder BTW for those from elsewhere.

17. GoodNewShar

GoodNewShar New Member

The PIs statements were made before certain other information was provided to him. Obtaining 'current' views would be helpful from both.

18. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

19. ChiCubs2016

ChiCubs2016 Well-Known Member

Liked a million times!! :)

20. o 0

o 0 Former Member

GREAT efforts! your map is very useful for those riding out and searching.
    On a side note, My first post in this forum was immediately after finding out the location Daniel was working at, after reading every single post on this thread i noticed many things that where mentioned and pretty obvious to me just being a "local" for over 40yrs, like going west on that road or any road of Sun Valley Pkwy unless you are familiar with the area...some venture out that way but usually not alone and for reasons i mentioned on other posts. Most of what i have pointed out was as if Daniel where the driver, clearheaded and pretty new to the area.

After @JJ Ray pointed out the alternate route i did some mapping research and found multiple locations the jeep could of been driven from after the air bags deployed, one as @JJ Ray mentioned is the Tartesso neighborhood area thru the dirt roads basically the back way to where the jeep was found only a couple of routes that could add up to the 11miles driven after the air bags deployed. Another is north on Sun Valley Pkwy in the Sun City Festival neighborhood area, there's a gas station on that road. Another is Ankon Hiking Trail taking the dirt roads back to his job site and getting lost. All three are around the 11miles that is recorded after the accident, it does not mean the accident happened in those areas but it tells me that further out it couldn't of happened and the accident is isolated to LESS then a 11mile radius. IMOO i am not a pro