AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by weepingangel, Jul 8, 2021.

1. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Daniel Robinson was reportedly rebuffed by young woman before his disappearance

Looking on page 34 of the full report, it appears Daniel visited another job site prior the the Sun Valley job site on June 23.

According to the report, Daniel left a Shell station the morning of June 23 and drove to the job site on Verrado Way.

At 0835 hrs, the odometer reading was 58112.50
    At 0900 hrs, the odometer reading was 58129.90
    At 0906 hrs, the reading was still 58129.90

Daniel traveled to the Sun Valley Parkway job site shortly after the Verrado job site, but it is UNCLEAR where Daniel may have went in between the two job sites (see page 34 for further explanation).

2. Wowno17

Wowno17 Well-Known Member

I also think he was suffering with schizophrenia. I have a close relative with it and the way Daniel is described as behaving , all points to this being the case IMO

3. JJ Ray

JJ Ray Data Driven Empath

Thanks, it slipped my mind that @capitola51 probably had not seen the report.
    Here's a more detailed breakdown of all readings that morning and I threw in estimates based on Ken Elliot's interview and cell phone usage at Verrado Well. Coming up with a range of 6 to 14 miles unaccounted for PRIOR to meeting KEN depending on routing up to the work site. I also think he was stopped for a total of 45 minutes, either 1 or multiple. AM nap? "Wanted to go rest"

upload_2021-10-9_23-38-26.png

4. Spitfireseven

Spitfireseven Member

I’ve been following this case for a while and hope the romance rebuff is a new clue. I see it’s been redacted in the report so it could be a sign police are investigating the K... situation in particular.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    Nora221, Flicka1 and MadMcGoo like this.
  5. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

Edited by me to approximate TOS.

As this person has NOT been named a Person of Interest by LE, TOS indicates we use initials ONLY.

Sometimes posters form a private Conversation group to discuss material not allowed on the main threads.

Consider editing your post or clicking Report & asking a Moderator to change to the initial apparently used by LE.

Thank you!

jmho ymmv lrr

6. Spitfireseven

Spitfireseven Member

Thanks for the heads up! Just edited!

7. capitola51

capitola51 Well-Known Member

Updating from the police report
    https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21080582/robinson-report-9-23-21.pdf

The meeting with KE at the job site on the morning of 23 June 2021.

Page 4 KE advises DR arrived at the site at around 0900 and that it was raining.
    Page 13 KE clarifies that they drove out to the job site together in their separate vehicles and they got to the job site at approx. 0930 hrs.
    MOO: They both sit in KE’s vehicle waiting for weather? (see page 23 “…waiting for a storm cell to pass…”)
    Page 13 DR asks KE if he wants to abandon the job**. While KE checks a weather app on his phone DR goes back to his vehicle, leaves the site and is last seen on the road driving South approx 0945 hrs.

** According to KE, the phrase was either ‘Do you want to go back to Phoenix?’ (Page 13) or
    ‘Do you want to go to Phoenix to rest?’ (Page 23)
    MOO: I interpret this as DR asking KE if he wants to abandon the job. If we could know more about the work each of them was there to do, we might understand more clearly the circumstances of the ending of the meeting.

ChiCubs2016, Nora221, kelsie and 4 others like this.
  8. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Missing geologist Daniel Robinson sent a desperate text to woman he barely knew before he vanished | Daily Mail Online

Everything we know about missing geologist Daniel Robinson

Details of the coworker & Daniel’s meeting as described in the police report and news articles:

weather
    •It was an abnormally cool and rainy day for the area.
    •rainy, looked like more rain was coming
    •check weather app
    •it had rained that day

Job
    •Daniel met up with pump technician Ken Elliott who he had never met before and they were to work on a deep well.
    •The pair had met for the first time that morning to assess a remote drill site in the Arizona desert.
    •KE worked for a different company than Daniel (but the two companies worked along side each other)

Behavior
    •Elliott told police that Robinson 'was saying things that did not make sense,' such as asking if he wanted to go with him to Phoenix to rest.
    •Elliott told Daniel he had work to do, but just 15 minutes after he arrived, Robinson abruptly left without a word.
    •coworker stated Daniel was talking about topics unrelated to the work the two were there to do like asking the coworker if he wanted to go to Phoenix to rest

By the information that’s been shared, I feel like the odd conversation the coworkers had including when DR asks KE if he wanted to go to Phoenix to rest, and DR abruptly leaving the job site had nothing to do with the actual job (task) the two needed to complete that morning.
    JMO
    This was the first time the two coworkers met each other. For KE to feel Daniel’s behavior was odd (not having any knowledge of how Daniel normally acts/his personality) enough to take note of it, call his employer with his concern, and to go looking for Daniel later on that day says a lot to me.

j_in_c, ChiCubs2016, misgrn and 20 others like this.
  9. capitola51

I note that KE's version of events varies between pages 4, 13 and 23 of the police report. KE had never met DR before yet comes to some behavioral conclusions.
    This was on a Wednesday morning. The weekend previous, a friend LJG had flown in from New York to visit DR and stayed with DR in DR's apartment over that weekend. LJG did know DR, and reported no odd actions or statements (Police report page 18) from DR over that weekend.

ChiCubs2016, misgrn, JJ Ray and 12 others like this.
  10. Spitfireseven

Spitfireseven Member

Could there have been jealous significant other of K... who didn’t like Daniel’s attentions on K...?

ChiCubs2016, misgrn, JJ Ray and 5 others like this.
  11. BlkMtnGirl

BlkMtnGirl Well-Known Member

Kudos to all of you who are digging deep for Daniel. Life is getting in the way for me to do it right now. But can someone chime in — I’m having trouble understanding the line of thinking that he may have been targeted for some reason. If someone went after him in the desert, how would they have found him? How would they know where to look? The coworker didn’t report any other vehicle taking off after him. Sorry if I’m missing something completely and this is a dumb question.

ChiCubs2016, misgrn, NoSI and 12 others like this.
  12. Spitfireseven

Spitfireseven Member

Hey can you please pm me a link to the non redacted report?

Nora221, TruthIsStranger and Flicka1 like this.
  13. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

I agree. I haven’t come across any information that’s been shared that would suggest he was targeted by someone.
    I’ve only come across that as a mere theory.
    I feel like Daniel being the victim of some random incident is more likely than being targeted by someone (if we’re going that route w/ theories)

There was one article where the PI shared his worry about a tip that came in concerning cartel activity in the desert.

However in one of the latest articles the PI shared his theory that Daniel went into the desert to rest after a night of binging on video games.
    Daniel Robinson: Buckeye police help with search for missing geologist

ChiCubs2016, misgrn, JJ Ray and 11 others like this.
  14. JJ Ray

Here are some links to photos of the crash site and some added graphics to help understand the Buckeye PD interpretation of the crash scene. Some are over head (aerial depictions that show the route and then subsequently zoom in. Some show key points in the narrative (like how the slope effected the movement, the windshield damage, and minimal roof damage). Last there is a link to the updated spreadsheet of missing miles/hours during the morning. (they are links to google drive because of resolution and upload size limitations here on WS)

wreck overview.jpg
    wreck Mid overview.jpg
    wreck close overview.jpg

from direction of travelc.jpg
    ravine e view b.jpg

Loading Google Sheets

15. JJ Ray

Its on the Latest NewsNation Now on-line article and someone said Daily Mail IIRC

16. JJ Ray

IMO Cartel activity is a non-starter. They seem to be reacting to any and all "suggestions" coming in vis a FB page and Mr. Robinson phone line. Anything to obfuscate ....IMO they are not even worthy of "tips".

17. Nora221

Nora221 Active Member

This is great- thank you so much for all the helpful info you post! Who did the google sheet? Are the times/miles from the PD report?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  18. Nora221

Nora221 Active Member

Oh sorry, I never had a non redacted report. I only had some screenshots of the redacted report before it was released for everyone online.

ChiCubs2016, JJ Ray, Flicka1 and 2 others like this.
  19. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100% on this.
    As I stated in a previous post, I PERSONALLY haven’t read any information that would steer toward someone targeting Daniel or that Daniel was victim of a random attack (such as cartel). Of course, that’s merely my opinion.

20. capitola51

Updating from the police report

The meeting with K, the Instacart customer, and subsequent text thread.

See Police report Page 16.
    On the evening of June 12 2021 (a Saturday night) DR, working a second job for Instacart, delivers goods to a customer named K.
    K thought that DR was nice and invited him in to hang out with her and a friend. They also exchanged telephone numbers at around 0230 the following morning and at that time K sent DR a link to a podcast.
    I have been through the subsequent text messages between DR and K.
    MOO I don't see anything sinister about the interchange although it is a bit socially awkward, nothing points to serious mental illness. The last text is a bit confusing and I put that down to not knowing the context, maybe it relates to some content in the podcast?

LoveyG, ChiCubs2016, shadwell and 4 others like this.