Presumed Located AZ - Diane Marchetti, 80, Tucson International Airport, 3 Jan 2019 *prosthetic leg, uses a walker*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Jan 9, 2019.

1. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

Wow. We aren't looking for this lady but if you happen to see her, call 911.

Nope it still doesn't make any sense when I spell it out myself. I don't know what they could possibly trying to accomlsih something big.

2. inmyhumbleopinion

inmyhumbleopinion #NeverGivingUp

I just messaged TPD via Facebook. I will post an update as soon as I hear back :).

3. inmyhumbleopinion

inmyhumbleopinion #NeverGivingUp

Heard back from TPD today. I had asked them if they were still in need of assistance from the public in locating Ms. Marchetti, and their reply was:

“it doesn’t appear so. We have confirmed she has been contacted by people in Tucson and appeared to be well. Right now its moreso her family that would like to speak with her. Thanks for the question!”

9C7044B8-1C69-4C89-B7F8-5E2373A9ED89.jpeg 8478045F-CE81-4322-8F3F-82B3ABE64CAC.jpeg A75F24FD-058B-40A2-9626-711730CBC91F.jpeg

No changes to their FB post, however ....

Mercedes, GarAndTeed, carbuff and 6 others like this.
  4. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Member

5. Forpsy

Forpsy Well-Known Member

Weird. Just weird.

6. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

Thank you for reaching out to them. Perhaps she simply needs away from her family, for a while? Hmm...

7. Steelslady

Steelslady Well-Known Member

Could be something going on inside the family that she didn't want to deal with and perhaps went to visit a friend to get away. Hoping this is the case with Diane.

8. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Member

She has been contacted by people in Tucson? That’s an odd way of saying a welfare check by TPD was done at her residence and ascertained her well being. Hope she is okay.
    Many thanks for reaching out to them.

9. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

It sounds to me like an agency other than TPD did the welfare check--social services perhaps, or she showed up for scheduled doctor's appointments, or something like that.

inmyhumbleopinion and StarEyes like this.
  10. ellabella

ellabella Active Member

I've seen instances where families attempt to take advantage of an elderly person financially, etc, tries to pass them off as sicker/weaker than they are so that the person is heralded as a hero. Maybe she just needed to get away from that? who knows. I'm glad it seems she is ok. I really hope she is though? its kind of confusing.