Az - Dr Steven Pitt Shot Dead Outside His Office

I think Jones may have thought he got away with it after that sketch came out. I have a feeling they will find a connection with his last victims.

Lots of details in this article:
Scottsdale shooting suspect left divorce full of discord, YouTube channel full of grudges
Updated 11:54 a.m. MT June 5, 2018
[...]
Connie Phillips and Dwight Jones married in June 1988 in North Carolina. He worked as she went to medical school there. And in 1997, when their son was born, they decided that because she could make more money as a radiologist than he could with his GED, that he would stay home and take care of the child.

For the next 12 years of their 22-year marriage, he was the child’s primary caretaker. And then when their son was old enough to go to school, again according to the court record, Connie wanted him to go back to work, but he refused.

He was living very well on her doctor’s income.
[...]

I live in Phoenix. After much searching, I finally saw this photo of the suspect; not locally but on HLN. I am baffled and disappointed that authorities released the composite picture which looks nothing like this guy, not to mention the lack of the obvious in the description.
Agree 100%. The sketch was basically useless in terms of helping to identify the suspect. Maybe a witness saw someone else running from one of the scenes, maybe to take cover, get out of the area, etc, and Jones had already left the area. Just trying to imagine how the sketch was so completely off base. Hope that makes sense.

IMO ONLY - my guess is that the woman who was shot in the head (perhaps Veleria, who herself was black) and ran to the bus for help, gave the initial description and probably did not mention whether he was black or white and the assumption is he was white. This was a discussion topic on the news this morning - the idea that the sketch appeared to portray an anglo man. I think it looks like him. :Shrug:

IMO ONLY - my guess is that the woman who was shot in the head (perhaps Veleria, who herself was black) and ran to the bus for help, gave the initial description and probably did not mention whether he was black or white and the assumption is he was white. This was a discussion topic on the news this morning - the idea that the sketch appeared to portray an anglo man. I think it looks like him. :Shrug:
I believe the witness who described him was the one who saw or heard Jones and Pitt arguing. It’s possible they saw him from a distance. He was wearing a hat and he looks like a lighter skinned black man.

There is a potential weak connection so far. The wife played
tennis 3 times per week and Jones had been a tennis instructor.
The husband was a teacher, I wondered if he testified for the
son or ex-wife in the divorce.
I think you may be on to something. Do you have a reference, link, etc?

Suspect in 6 Arizona killings never got over his divorce
Speaking on one of the videos, her ex-husband identified himself as a stay-at-home dad who occasionally taught tennis.

Fountain Hills deaths tied to shootings in Scottsdale, Phoenix
Simmons was in her 60s and played tennis three times a week in Fountain Hills.

Burglary at home of Fountain Hills murders connected to killing spree
Not sure what to think about this. The home of the last two of Jones' victims has been burglarized and
LE are investigating. Spooks me out and makes me wonder if maybe there is someone else
that might be connected to this still out there???? MOO, etc. Burglarize the scene to remove
something related to the other cases? Maybe it's just pure coincidence.

MCSO investigating burglary at home of Fountain Hills murders connected to killing spree

Victims Bryon Thomas and Mary Simmons

bryon-thomas__669416_.jpg

mary-simmons__233108_.jpg

How the Arizona killer is linked to his 6 victims

I had it in my head that he had stolen the gun and killed the couple FIRST, then used the stolen gun to kill the others.

That certainly made more sense than this..... so strange that he thought he wouldn't be connected to it.

“But based on 12 News interviews and new information Wednesday from Scottsdale police, we can answer one part of that mystery: Dwight Jones and 70-year-old victim Mary Simmons were tennis partners.”

MCSO investigating burglary at home of Fountain Hills murders connected to killing spree

I'm just at a loss for words at how senseless this entire episode is/was. I will never understand why so many others have to suffer for the
slights imagined and collected by one delusional, sick, violent person. Good riddance to him.

I had it in my head that he had stolen the gun and killed the couple FIRST, then used the stolen gun to kill the others.

That certainly made more sense than this..... so strange that he thought he wouldn't be connected to it.

Had LE not tracked him and found the gun after he dumped it, who knows. They may not have made that connection as quickly.

“But based on 12 News interviews and new information Wednesday from Scottsdale police, we can answer one part of that mystery: Dwight Jones and 70-year-old victim Mary Simmons were tennis partners.”

Yes, I mentioned this 'tennis' connection several pages back, BUT

in my mind there's still something missing- Why would you kill

your tennis partner and her husband?

I think they had another connection- Since this couple used

to live around Scottsdale, maybe they were 'landlords' to Jones

and evicted him. ???? Remember he holds a grudge.

Were they babysitters for son after school? I'm reaching here.

There is something in the past that angrily ticked off Jones.

Was the couple originally friends of his ex-wife , did they

testify at the divorce or custody proceedings? There's more

so LE needs to keep digging.

Speculation only- I wonder if Jones was employed at the tennis

club where Mary Simmons played and for some reason she

reported some bad behavior on his part, and got him fired. ??

There's an old grudge here that he's retaliating for his injustice.

Murder spree mystery: Dwight Jones' ties to Fountain Hills couple revealed
Based on the stories published on the various news sites, it seems like they played
tennis at local parks. I like your line of thinking. Hopefully there will be more
details as LE investigates.

Based on the stories published on the various news sites, it seems like they played
tennis at local parks. I like your line of thinking. Hopefully there will be more
details as LE investigates.
I imagine there was something he had against this poor couple. Maybe they had a falling out or he was confronted by them for his character. He was out for revenge so it had to be something that set him off. Maybe another long time grudge?

I imagine there was something he had against this poor couple. Maybe they had a falling out or he was confronted by them for his character. He was out for revenge so it had to be something that set him off. Maybe another long time grudge?
It could have been something as simple as him looking for someone to commiserate with, and not finding
them to be in agreement with him. He then felt they were not "on his side." By not supporting his views
of his wife and others he was blaming, they became part of the forces that were against him.

Just purely speculating, MOO.

It could have been something as simple as him looking for someone to commiserate with, and not finding
them to be in agreement with him. He then felt they were not "on his side." By not supporting his views
of his wife and others he was blaming, they became part of the forces that were against him.

Just purely speculating, MOO.

I agree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288