AZ AZ - Drake Kramer, 21, Grand Canyon, 2 Feb 2015

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by wfgodot, Feb 4, 2015.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

much more at San Antonio Express-News: San Antonio man, 21, reported missing at Grand Canyon National Park

2. Loading...

3. jash

jash Well-Known Member

I can't seem to find any information regarding how he got to the park (does he have a car?) or who he was travelling with. He checked out of the Bright Angel Lodge on Sunday.

4. jash

jash Well-Known Member

5. stx722

stx722 Member

6. Coldpizza

Coldpizza WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

[​IMG]

"We don't have a lot of information right now, but his last known location was in the developed area of the South Rim, which is pretty large," she said.

For perspective, Shedlowski said a developed trail that runs along the South Rim is 14 miles long, "just along the rim. That flat trail is just one tiny portion."

Shedlowski said the park service currently is conducting a search and rescue operation for Kramer. She added that a missing persons investigation also is ongoing.

She asked that anyone who has information on Kramer’s whereabouts contact the park service’s Silent Witness Line at 928-638-7840.

Shedlowski said Kramer’s family is in Arizona, working with liaisons on the search team.
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...ed-missing-at-Grand-6060097.php#photo-7478104

7. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

8. jash

jash Well-Known Member

9. Topcat

Topcat snooper

When they said he "checked out" does that mean he left with his luggage or whatever he brought with him? Did he stay with anyone while he was there?What was his reason for being there? Did he have reservations for just the one night?...just more questions...any answers?

10. kimi_SFC

kimi_SFC Active Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Father-Son-in-good-spirits-before-being-6065512.php

12. azure

azure Active Member

13. Topcat

Topcat snooper

So it seems he might be suicidal and has gone to a place he feels comfortable in..I wonder if he's in a cave. I'm sure there was more info in the texts that weren't released to the public.

14. newone

newone 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I find it interesting that he wanted to study geology and of course the Grand Canyon is fascinating -- His family is searching his 'favorite places' there and I hope that they find him ''sooner'' rather than later.

21 is a tough age for sure ...... praying for a positive outcome......

15. Maiko

Maiko New Member

I hope he didn't go there to harm himself but the text makes me think so. Hopefully searchers can find him unharmed. I can't imagine being "lost" at the Grand Canyon, it's such an enormous area to search.

Why would he do this? He seems excited (FB) to be transitioning to UTSA for geology. Seems fitting. :/

16. steelman

steelman Former Member

Sounds like a suicide to me. Since he wanted to give his body to Mother Earth, I have to assume that means he didn't want to be found, otherwise how would his body end up back with Mother earth ? He may have hiked for hours back into those canyons, maybe even a whole day.

They will find him......eventually.

17. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Not directly related to this case, but I found it interesting given that this youngster is missing in a national park.
    Dale Strehling's Disappearance and the Need to Track People Who Vanish on Federal Land
    http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2015/02/dale_strehling_missing_federal_land_database.php

18. wendybtn

wendybtn Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree. There was a reference to "Into The Wild" in a FB message with his brother. Classes started at UTSA Jan. 12. I don't think he planned on finishing the semester. JMO.

19. mikkismom

mikkismom Active Member

20. iluvmua

iluvmua New Member

*bumping*

21. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators