Deceased/Not Found AZ - Ella Mae Begay, 62, last seen @ home, POI named, Sweetwater, 14 Jun 2021

YaYa_521

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Navajo Police Ask For Public's Help In Locating Missing Woman

July 20
The Navajo Police Department is asking for the public’s help in locating a missing person. Ella Mae Begay, 62, was last seen over a month ago in the Sweetwater community.

Morning Rundown: Tuesday, July 20

Navajo Police Say Search Continues For Ella Mae Begay
Good for Ms. Sera Phine Warren! Perhaps her journey from AZ to NM in honor of her aunt Ella Mae provoked LE to issue another media release today. She has accomplished half of what she set out to do: an effort to bring awareness and get answers. Now we wait with her for answers. ;)

mlhenn

Reaction score
Missing woman mystery continues: Ella Mae Begay’s family express frustration with police, investigation - Navajo Times

July 29
A frustrated Seraphine Warren took a walk early one morning from her aunt Ella Mae Begay’s home in Tolikan, which was the last place her aunt was seen.

Her walk wasn’t just any walk – it was a walk of awareness and to get answers.

In a week’s time, she ended her trek in Window Rock on Monday.

Warren said her aunt was cautious, with her house fenced off, and during the pandemic she did not allow anyone into her home.

Warren said for this to happen to her aunt, it had to involve someone who knew her.

“I don’t know who I was mad at the most,” said Warren, of all the factors as to why she believes her aunt’s case was mishandled. “I was mad at the police officers, mad at my cousin sister for not doing anything to save her, I was mad at my aunt and the person of interest that’s in custody. I was mad at everyone. How do I feel better from all of this … so I started walking.”

More info at link above (lengthy article)

mlhenn

Reaction score
Navajo News: WALKING FOR ELLA MAE BEGAY

Over one week ago, Ella Mae Begay’s niece, Seraphine Warren, began a walk from their community to the capital of the Navajo Nation to increase awareness for the disappearance of Ella Mae Begay, other missing persons, and the need to improve collaboration and communication with community members and law enforcement.

They were joined by Navajo Nation Division of Public Safety, Criminal Investigations, and Division Directors as they listened to concerns and recommendations from the family members and relatives who also shared many of their personal experiences and challenges with law enforcement and criminal activity. Speaker Seth Damon and Council Delegate Charlaine Tso were also in attendance to offer their support for the family.

“We are very thankful to the family of Ella Mae Begay, for their sacrifices to raise awareness for all missing people and for holding us accountable as leaders. We understand their frustration and why they walked to our Nation’s capital. As leaders, we are in these positions to hear from the people and take actions to create change. With the walk for Ella Mae, we hope that we can continue to heal and to pray that Ella Mae is located and we ask God for strength and comfort for her family, friends, and her community,” said President Nez.

SunSun

Reaction score
The Diné 4 Corners Prayer Run started with four runners in Blanding, Utah, at the Dine Blue Mountain Chapter. They continued toward Monticello, Utah, and ended at Red Mesa Chapter House, where Martina Maryboy, lost count of runners who joined.

Maryboy organized the three-day run to bring awareness to the families of Kayla Blackbird, Ella Mae Begay, Tiffany Reid, and others who joined the run.

Prayer run for missing, murdered

mlhenn

Reaction score
Missing woman's family pushes for answers

Sept 30
'Enough is enough,' Warren said. 'We want our loved ones back, and whoever has compassion to give us information for our loved ones, that's all I'm doing this for actually, for all the families that need closure so we can start grieving correctly.'

There will be a benefit bike run for Ella Mae Begayin Shiprock over the weekend to spread awareness about the case and raise money.

Video at link above

mlhenn

Reaction score
https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/m...peared-loved-ones-are-still-searching-for-her

Nov 25
Ella Mae Begay, a 62-year-old Navajo woman, has been missing since mid-June, and her family members are still searching for answers to her disappearance.

Ella Mae's disappearance is now classified as a homicide. At the same time, a person of interest was identified just days into the search. Preston Tolth would be arrested on unrelated charges and held for questioning in connection to Ella Mae's case, but he's since been released and no other arrests have been made.

Her niece is left with unanswered questions. "We weren't getting any answers from law enforcement, they left us for a whole month and we were walking in circles. We're just searching areas that we assumed that she might be," Warren said.

Despite Navajo Police and the FBI's search efforts, Warren has consistently made the trip from Utah to Sweetwater to organize her own searches for her aunt.