Found Safe AZ - Eunice Salinas, 5 mo, forcibly taken from foster family by mom, Phoenix, 6 Aug 2022 *endangered*

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
PHOENIX — A five-month-old girl is missing after Phoenix police say she was taken from her foster family by her biological mother.

Eunice Salinas is described as 2-feet, 6 inches tall, weighing 15 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.

She was allegedly taken by her mother, 24-year-old Angelica Salinas. Angelica is described as 4-foot, 10-inches tall, weighing about 135 pounds with hazel eyes and brown hair.

The young child was taken from her foster family

Police say around 8:30 Saturday night, Angelica Salinas went to the home of Eunice's foster family and forcibly removed her from the home.
Angelica Salinas does not have custodial rights to Eunice, and police added that there is concern for the child's safety.

If you have any information on the missing girl's whereabouts, call the Phoenix Police Department Missing and Unidentified Persons Unit at (602) 534-2121.

I don't know much about foster parenting. Is it normal for the bio mom to know who the foster parents are?
She may have been on a supervised visit?

ETA: Friend's of mine are foster parents and once a month my friend takes the children to spend a few hours with their parents, and stays with them. UK though so...

I don't know much about foster parenting. Is it normal for the bio mom to know who the foster parents are?

There's no one answer. Lots of factors, some already mentioned.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

This could be a relative placement - that cutie-pie baby placed with Aunt & Uncle, with Mom expected to complete steps of a reunification plan.

jmho ymmv lrr

When we were fostering our (now adopted) boys, there was great concern for their safety if bio parents knew our location or names. We were advised to remove our address from any possible online source, and our names were redacted from all Childrens Division paperwork for the boys’ (and our) safety. There was a protection order in place… but all of that to say, our particular situation was not the norm in its extreme measures. It’s possible, but not usual.

I have many friends who have fostered who maintain a relationship with the bio parents as much as is appropriate for the well-being of the child. I would say overall, it is not unusual at all for bio parents to know who foster parents are.

When we were fostering our (now adopted) boys, there was great concern for their safety if bio parents knew our location or names. We were advised to remove our address from any possible online source, and our names were redacted from all Childrens Division paperwork for the boys’ (and our) safety. There was a protection order in place… but all of that to say, our particular situation was not the norm in its extreme measures. It’s possible, but not usual.

I have many friends who have fostered who maintain a relationship with the bio parents as much as is appropriate for the well-being of the child. I would say overall, it is not unusual at all for bio parents to know who foster parents are.
While you were fostering to adopt weren’t there still visits?

While you were fostering to adopt weren’t there still visits?
We weren’t technically fostering to adopt, but in the course of time and the CPS case, rights were terminated and we did end up adopting. And no- because of the safety concerns there were never visits… which, like every other aspect of their case, was very abnormal in terms of foster care situations.

The ones I was aware of or was involved with who were foster parents walked a very fine line. Their goal was to adopt, but boy oh boy, there were a couple of slippery slopes!

Last edited:

I’m guessing this is the bio mom; age and location match — however, it says she’s currently an inmate, which she clearly isn’t considering she just abducted her child….so maybe not? Or maybe very recently released?

JMO

I’m guessing this is the bio mom; age and location match — however, it says she’s currently an inmate, which she clearly isn’t considering she just abducted her child….so maybe not? Or maybe very recently released?

JMO

or back in custody?

I'm wondering what exactly "forcibly" means...was there a weapon involved?

SBBM

Salinas showed up at the home and began kicking the security screen door asking for her daughter, Eunice. The foster mom said she opened the door to try and calm Salinas down, but she continued to kick the door. [snip] Salinas was arrested and booked into jail. She is accused of kidnappings, abduction from a state agency, and criminal damage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back