GUILTY AZ - Fernando & Sophia Richter for imprisoning 3 daughters, Tucson, 2013

Police: Girl's notes may hold key to Tucson imprisonment case

The handwritten calendar kept by a 17-year-old girl may be the key to discovering how long three Tucson girls were allegedly held captive in their bedrooms, Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villasenor said Monday.

“On that calendar, there would be marks or notations of significant events that occurred,” Villasenor said in an interview. “That's what we're looking at, and that's what gives us a time line as to how long this imprisonment occurred.”

http://www.azcentral.com/news/arizo...case.html?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

Such a sad thing to write down but such a smart young girl. A little more in the article, worth reading.

I would change the title of this thread to Tucson girls held for 2 years, Mom & Stepdad arrested or something other than they "claim to have been". Evidence is supporting that claim as they were both arrested and charged. It's the mom & stepdad who are alledged now. jmo

I don't know how it is in America but here in Australia the courts want dates on when crimes are committed. Otherwise evidence can be thrown out of court if you give a vague time. So this older girl keeping a diary is phenomenal. But if you are locked up for 2 years how do you know the date. Since I have retired I have trouble knowing what day it is let alone the date. At least I still get the year right but see what happens next year. Lol

I would change the title of this thread to Tucson girls held for 2 years, Mom & Stepdad arrested or something other than they "claim to have been". Evidence is supporting that claim as they were both arrested and charged. It's the mom & stepdad who are alledged now. jmo

I completely agree. Can we get the title changed, please? TIA

yes please, something like 3 teen girls held captive by parents for 2 yrs *ARRESTS*

Why didn't Fernando's brother or sister-in-law follow through in regards to the girls if they suspected the girls were being molested? fgs...smh

Also, they had to buy that booze from somewhere. Local Circle K or drug store. They had a really bad problem with alcohol it appears. I wonder if they were doing any drugs also?

I'm still stuck on how they had money. Hope that gets cleared up soon too. I'd rather it be disability and food stamps in this case than other means involving the girls.

Supposedly, per the 911 transcript, they didn't own a car. Also per 911, the neighbors never saw people coming or going from the house, and no mention of drugs in the house, so I'm hoping welfare (wonder if that's a Sec 8 property?)... rather than Internet or video 'sales.' People sell foodstamps/EBT usage all the time for cash for other expenses (like booze), which might explain the lack of food the girls mentioned? Then again, there may be drug issues that just haven't been alluded to (yet)?

Supposedly, per the 911 transcript, they didn't own a car. Also per 911, the neighbors never saw people coming or going from the house, and no mention of drugs in the house, so I'm hoping welfare (wonder if that's a Sec 8 property?)... rather than Internet or video 'sales.' People sell foodstamps/EBT usage all the time for cash for other expenses (like booze), which might explain the lack of food the girls mentioned? Then again, there may be drug issues that just haven't been alluded to (yet)?

If money is an issue, where did they get the $$ for all the locks and surveillance?

If money is an issue, where did they get the $$ for all the locks and surveillance?

Locks are cheap. Surveillance cameras/recording decks can be found on eBay for $100 or less. Or bartered.

My hope is these girls are together, enjoying simple things as bathing and eating a good meal. The 2 monsters will now know how it feels to be imprisoned. :jail:
Any other family members should feel ashamed. But then again, monsters have no souls.

Villasenor said there were motion sensors on the doors to the girls' bedrooms and video cameras trained on their bed.

SNIP

There were locks on the girls' bedroom doors, the police chief said, but another method, which he declined to reveal, was used to keep the girls from escaping.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eck-count-37-days-showered.html#ixzz2mc5WKrJm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I hate not knowing what that method was and I know darn well I will hate knowing it when it is revealed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back